Shooter at Tranquility Park in Houston

Lost his job, wife under went major surgery, and he's got a 1 year old daughter....man. I can't imagine what he was thinking, perhaps hopping he'd die and she'd collect some life insurance? While we may never know what he was really thinking was going to happen, one thing is clear, he certainly didn't improve anybody's situation. Poor dumb bastard. Glad nobody innocent was hurt.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Good job on the part of those Houston officers. If this had been New York or L.A., the man would have been hit 20 times from 80 rounds fired by 12 officers.

+1

This is exactly what I was gonna say, those cops showed a restraint you rarely see these days in police shootings. Hell even out here in the country he woulda been LIT UP!!

Crazy-ass fruit loop, dude was lost in the sauce and did not even know what flavor it was. He went for the gun after he was shot the first time! At least he was dedicated.

Great job LEO's and all that, gotta mention I was impressed by that too.

Did anyone see that "assault weapon" the reporter kept mentioning? I kept looking for an "assault weapon" but I only saw a silly Kel Tek rifle or some such thing.

Edited by inflightmissiletech

the houston pd are used to mass complaints if they do anything wrong. over 6 million in harris county. more than enough people to complain if they mess up in the simplest of ways.

i presume the guy was after a "suicide by cop" (as the officer that taught my chl course calls them) since he only aimed at himself and not any of the people that were way to close to him.

Edited by GregM1

Did anyone see that "assault weapon" the reporter kept mentioning? I kept looking for an "assault weapon" but I only saw a silly Kel Tek rifle or some such thing.

Looked like one of those Hi Point pistol-cal rifles.

I wonder if he went for it after he was hit, to fire back, or to finish himself off.