Issues with black jack buffer?

My current s12 which was completely bone stock, nothing changed is currently cycling federal bulk from wal-mart with no problems, never jammed, never had a fte. The kicker is that two of the three gas ports are roughly 75% covered up, and the third gas port is aligned directly in the middle of the gas block. I thought I had a vodka special for a bit, and came to find out it works like a dream. Have probably put 1,000 rounds through it, so its well broken in.

My wife however, when discussed hunting with it using high brass, feels like the gun kicks too much. I would love to get my wife in some camo and get her in the woods sometime, soooo........

I recently installed the blackjack buffer on my s12, still havent shot it yet. I keep seeing mixed reviews and am just wondering if anybody is currently using it on a stock s12? if so, what are your experiences?

Not sure what you mean by "stock saiga", whether its "unconverted" or stock gas puck, etc... But, I run one in my converted Saiga 12. I bought it just to protect the the gun and didn't pay much mind to recoil reduction. With that said, I haven't had any troubles while I've been using it. Didn't really do any before and afters, so I'm not sure how much recoil it does actually cut.

Now get out there and try yours out and let us know how it goes for you!! haha..

Yea by stock I meant everything factory, I recently just got a bunch of fun stuff to put on it and make it 922r compliant, the usual conversion. But before doing so, I was going down my list of all things I see mixed reviews on and trying to get some clarification before I put it all together, and end up with a fte or it jamming, and me messing with the ports.

I think a good sissy pad is the single best thing you can do to mitigate recoil. Kick-eez and Limbsaver are the brands I would reccomend. SGM makes one for the monte carlo stock, but it sounds like you are already converting.

People willing to spend more money mix and match other options like the springy Mako stock, an enedine buffer tube, c&h mercury tube (I have one), and various forms of compensators which do less, but in combination can make a difference. The impression I get is that everyone who has any of those is happy with it, but I haven't ever seen anyone do a side by side comparison of them.

Edited by GunFun

A good brake with significant porting will make a difference, smaller ones don't do much. I put the mako stock on mine and it made a noticable difference. I don't think the blackjack buffer makes that noticeable of a difference in felt recoil.

I big thing often overlooked is her/your form, many shooters especially less experienced ones try to hold the stock away from their shoulder to try to mitigate recoil when in actuality they make it worse; make sure she's sholding the stock tight to her and is leaning into rather than away from the rifle.

I actually bought the mako stock with the sissy tube, i'll be putting that on in a couple weeks, also I bought the breacher polychoke. I doubt the polychoke would do much, but after playing with the mako stock, it feels like a pogo stick. I'm sure that would work enough for eliminating the majority of kick... I hear a lot of people complaining that using the mako stock will take away too much energy and that it may cause the gun to lose its cycling power. Buuut i've been shooting this thing from the hip, I'm sure that takes away more energy than using a mako stock and shooting it prone even. I could be wrong... But all of the reading I've done on this forum, the only problem I may have are fail to ejects from using the buffer.