Anyone looking for new 12

I saw a new Saiga 12 at a gun store today for $699. I haven't seen a new one for sale in months so I thought I would give you a heads up if you are looking. I guess you could e mail me if interested. I don't want to brake any rules in case we are not allowed to mention non supporters. I am not connected to the gun store I just wanted to help some one that is looking find one.

It was my understranding that the new ones for 499 no longer have the side mount for optics on the receiver and that all new imports will no longer have them. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone who prefers the optics mounted towards the rear of the gun.

It was my understranding that the new ones for 499 no longer have the side mount for optics on the receiver and that all new imports will no longer have them. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone who prefers the optics mounted towards the rear of the gun.

According to their Saiga page, Classic Firearms has both the new version (no side rail) and the "pre-ban" aka Original with side rail. I wouldn't expect the latter to last long.

Have to admit I was a bit disappointed with my first trip to the range with my "new" S12. Wouldn't cycle for anything. After several days of consuming the collective wisdom on this forum, I was able to remedy that for the most part. Now it will cycle low brass from the shoulder, but not yet from the hip. Last thing I still need to do is pop the gas block off and modify the ports (only 2 on this 19" barrel and 1 was originally plugged).

Yeah, I'll be buying a second one to tweak out.

To be quite honest, I have yet to fire a shell out of my new conversion and it's currently dismantled and awaiting a package from Tac-47 to arrive so that I can re-assemble her the way she should be. I gotta say though, having no carbon of any kind in the gas block really helped as far as installing the Autoplug...

I wouldn't recommend that anyone new to the S-12 hobby operate this way because there are a lot of things that could be overlooked when inspecting a weapon before deciding to convert it without firing it first. I am confident in the fact that I can get her running if need be, even if I have to jerk the gas block and enlarge the ports as I've been there and done that.

With that being said, I expect my first range trip with it will be a total FTE, FTF party until I tweak this and fix that, but, after all of that, she'll run like a scalded dog. Then I'll perform my usual challenges when someone with an 870 bad-mouths it by challenging them to go shot for shot, then I'll up the odds while they are thinking of something witty to say by telling them that I'll shoot 20 rounds on target with mine before they can unload 7 rounds on target with theirs...

It's funny, I've found that, around here, it's usually the guys with 870s who evidently feel they have something to prove to everyone around them, maybe it's their shame over having a shotgun with a plastic trigger, I dunno...haha.gif

• 2 weeks later...

What Side Rail Do I Need For My Saiga 12 From Classic Firearms ?? I Have The UTG Mod TL-M47SR But It Dont Sit FLAT ON THE SIDE, Is There One For This Gun ?

Here Is A Few Pictures Of My Saiga 12

CIMG5940.jpg

CIMG5943.jpg

According to their Saiga page, Classic Firearms has both the new version (no side rail) and the "pre-ban" aka Original with side rail. I wouldn't expect the latter to last long.

New Pic But Not My Gun, This Is My Needs For A Side Rail

Harley03joe

SFRAIL1.jpg

What Side Rail Do I Need For My Saiga 12 From Classic Firearms ?? I Have The UTG Mod TL-M47SR But It Dont Sit FLAT ON THE SIDE, Is There One For This Gun ? Here Is A Few Pictures Of My Saiga 12 CIMG5940.jpgCIMG5943.jpg

Sorry Harley,

You are above my pay grade on this one. I know that replacement rails are out there, but my understanding of correctly installing them so that they are lined up with the barrel is not an easy DIY project. Maybe some others on this forum can help. Good luck.

Mine is the way from Centerfire for $499. I'm not sure if it has the side rail or not. Not a biggie to me. I've owned alot of AK's and I've never been a fan of the side mounted optic. The only mount IMO worth the $$ is the RS products mounts. They bring the optic as low as possible and center over bore. Since this is a shotgun I'll most likely mount a red dot forward on a quad rail or something.