I am considering buying a used Bersa Thunder, the seller is asking $240, which is high, I will negotiate price. What I am wondering is if anyone here has experience with this handgun any insight is helpful.

Edited by DJ Big Dog

I have a Bersa Thunder 380 CC and its a great little gun mine is nickel plated I have not shot it a ton around 400 to 500 rounds and have never hade any trouble with the gun it self, mag on the other hand can be tricky I have found that the CC mags work the best in any Bersa Thunder not just the CC model as a good freind of mine has a Bersa Thunder not the CC model and after shooting his I went out and picked up a new one for my self. His has seen thounds of round. You can pick up a new one for around $ 300. Hope this helps you out, all in all a very good little carry guns. One last thing mine the CC modle weighs less then my pk 380.

• Like 1

I carry a Thunder 380, I use a extended (9rnd) mag in it. Mine doesn't like American Eagle ammo or Fiocchi, eats up anything else with very good accuracy at 25yds. I've carried it for years and shot it a fair amount. I don't trust the slide stop on mine anymore as it has worn "smooth". It will hold back when the mag is in but can be easily bumped closed when the mag is out.

When you disassemble them you have to be careful to put the recoil spring the right way as opposed to backwards. I use factory mags in mine only, but I've heard decent things about the promag 7s.

The gun handles well and points true in my hands. With the heavier frame it is much nicer to shoot than the P3-AT (only other real choice when I got mine). More options are available now, but I'm sure its still a decent buy.

Great little pistols, accurate & reliable.

I haven't heard anything bad from people I know personally who have them, and we have only good to say.

My wife EDC'd this one for over a year... Her new Rossi 3" .357mag revolver has usurped it's spot though.

I'd not want her dumping a mag at me... Don't fuck with Mama Bear or her cubs!

Bersa.jpg

I haven't heard anything bad from people I know personally who have them, and we have only good to say.

My wife EDC'd this one for over a year... Her new Rossi 3" .357mag revolver has usurped it's spot though.

Bersa.jpg

I guess I never thought about a 357 revolver...6 rounds vs 7 but a whole lot more options...lol can do 357 05 38...hmmm darn it all...

I guess I never thought about a 357 revolver...6 rounds vs 7 but a whole lot more options...lol can do 357 05 38...hmmm darn it all...

Mama Bear prefers revolvers, but she liked the Bersa.

Mama Bear got the new Rossi revolver for Christmas, she liked it better than the Bersa... The Bersa got kicked to the curb.

Yeah, .357mag, .38spl+P & .38spl, she spent a day at the range getting acquainted with it and the three rounds.

She decided on the .38spl+P in Federal 129gr Hydrashok.

She says the Bersa is still hers... I ain't arguing with'er. wink.png