450 Bushmaster AR pistol build-need help finding parts

Taking an extra pistol lower and making a dedicated 450 bushmaster pistol. I have the barrel (10") and finally a bolt but I can't for the life of me find a flash hider. Any ideas? It'd be nice to find a good source for magazines also.

I have plenty of time on this, it's for deer season next year so I'm in no rush.

Scott-Will do on the pics. I want to get some of my multi-caliber AR pistol to......Still waiting on parts, a barrel in particular.....patience.....wearing.....out,,,LOL!

Fumes-Shooters PM was helpful in finding all the parts I need, but I did check out that site. I'm probably going to spend a ton of time reading over there, never even heard of it before this, Thanks a ton!

Check dates on what you read, I noticed it's kinda like this site in that regard. You will find something that is the best way to do something or the newest thing on the block and only to find out the dates on the posts are old and there is newer better info in another thread. Also traffic can be kinda slow so responses aren't always quick.wink.png

Josh-I already placed my order, but I'll check it out in the future. I've been hunting around for a .458 SOCOM barrel also but can't find one, should have never gotten rid of the one I had, it's one heck of a sweet caliber! That FH looks pretty interesting and I'd like to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Find redcreek1 over on the .458 forums if you still want a .458 barrel.

Will do, and thanks for the heads up.

I'm actually trying to reduce my amount of calibers (to much reloading, LOL!), it's an internal struggle!

• 4 months later...

Cobwebs and crickets man, whats the deal.big_smile.gif

LOL! sorry man. I got the parts, assembled it, put 20 rounds through her to check for function and then put it all on the back burner till deer season gets closer. Truth be told I seem to have misplaced the flash hider somewhere.......it's still an unsolved mystery at this pointsad.png , to the point where I may buy another. I'll say that it's a thumper, and out of a 10.5" barrel the blast is "exciting"super_man.gif

I'll toss some pics up in a bit.

• 3 months later...