Need a new barrel for my saiga 12

There are both fixed chokes and screw in adapeters to take standard winchokes available for saigas. Most people seem to use the polychoke. You need to look into this more,it sounds like you are going to spend a bunch of money needlessly.

Edited by TARE

Where can I find a replacement barrel for my saiga 12, I dont want to go the NFA way and cut it off. Screw in chokes would be nice to have. Anybody make replacement barrels or sell them?

The way this is worded is confusing. What does your question have to do with NFA?

In any case the above posters are correct; there are no spare parts.

I think what happened is that someone cut this thing at 18.5" and he doesn't want to cut it anymore to thread it the way it's supposed to be. That's the way I read it anyway.

I don't currently know of any replacement barrels available. You'd have to find someone who has a junk gun with a good barrel.

Let's see... A new barrel would cost what, $150.00 (if you could get one). A new Saiga 12 goes for around $500.00. You want a new barrel (the only way you'll get one is if you buy a new gun) and I want to do a SBS build. (Depending on what is exactly going on with your gun) What do you say I give you $350.00 for your S-12 and you take that, along with the $150.00 you'd spend on a new barrel and buy a new S-12. It's a win/win if you ask me. biggrin.png

BTW, I'm not kidding.

Edited by Bridis
  • Like 1

Let's see... A new barrel would cost what, $150.00 (if you could get one). A new Saiga 12 goes for around $500.00. You want a new barrel (the only way you'll get one is if you buy a new gun) and I want to do a SBS build. (Depending on what is exactly going on with your gun) What do you say I give you $350.00 for your S-12 and you take that, along with the $150.00 you'd spend on a new barrel and buy a new S-12. It's a win/win if you ask me. biggrin.png

BTW, I'm not kidding.

I'd like to see this "$500" saiga....Classic Arms had that deal for the cheaper non-railed version...not anymore....you a used car salesman? Lol

Talk to king armory....found this on their website

http://kingarmory.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page33.html

Edited by snafu360

Since barrels are so hard to find, I'm sure Sunny isn't going to just give you the barrel. I'll tell you what. PM Sunny about his barrel and see if you're getting a better deal after having to possibly ship your gun to an experienced smith and pay to have your barrel changed out. Then get back to me. rolleyes.gif

Barrel (if you're lucky): $150.00

Shipping to GS: $20.00

GS barrel replacement(if you're lucky): $80-$100

Return shipping:$20.00

Your time to deal with packing, shipping and tracking: ???

Hmmmm?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/68447-need-a-new-12-ga-barrel/page__fromsearch__1

OP,

There might be a few $499 Saiga 12s in stock somewhere. Might be a good idea to look around.

Since barrels are so hard to find, I'm sure Sunny isn't going to just give you the barrel. I'll tell you what. PM Sunny about his barrel and see if you're getting a better deal after having to possibly ship your gun to an experienced smith and pay to have your barrel changed out. Then get back to me. rolleyes.gif

Hmmmm?

Yet another used car salesman tactic...lol

I know Caged,kind of a bummer he has had them TBD for quite a long time..

I'm not sure if you want to resolve your problem or not and I'm not trying to "sell" you anything. I'm offering you a convenient opportunity to resolve your problem. Look around at your TBA barrels or find a used one. Then price up what it's going to take to replace. Once you've got those numbers, get back to me.

This my be your rare opportunity to sell a possibly unrepairable gun and replace it with a new one. No LOL...

Hmmmm?

Yet another used car salesman tactic...lol

I know Caged,kind of a bummer he has had them TBD for quite a long time..

Well, I plan on buying one in a package deal, one King's S-12 barrel, two double-stack 15 round mags, and a kushnapup kit...

Looks like Centerfire Systems has Saiga 12 IZ111's for $499.00.

Well, I plan on buying one in a package deal, one King's S-12 barrel, two double-stack 15 round mags, and a kushnapup kit...

HOLY SHIT!!! I want in on this KILLER package deal. LOL!!! 021.gif

Edited by Bridis
  • Like 1

From reading other threads the OP has done other modifications to his S-12 (new mag well, etc.). This is possibly why he's hoping for a barrel swap.

GL, Snafu.

Kinda Confused with what your saying..I'm not the one looking for a barrel btw..

BUT.. you salesmen can find me a saiga 12 for $499! Knew you could find me one!

Im Kidding Birdis!...sorry for the car salesman garbage and i'm done..Had to poke fun and didn't mean a single thing with it..smile.png

Good Luck apriav with the barrel,hope all goes well,and back to the original question!

Edited by snafu360

From reading other threads the OP has done other modifications to his S-12 (new mag well, etc.). This is possibly why he's hoping for a barrel swap.

GL, Snafu.

Kinda Confused with what your saying..I'm not the one looking for a barrel btw..

Im Kidding Birdis!...sorry for the car salesman garbage and i'm done..Had to poke fun and didn't mean a single thing with it..smile.png

Good Luck apriavwith the barrel,hope all goes well,and back to the original question!

What is with the lysdexia?

• Like 1

GL, Snafu.

Good Luck apriavwith the barrel,hope all goes well,and back to the original question!

What is with the lysdexia?

HAHAHAHA Focus....