Saiga 12 Optics mounting options?

Im looking for a cost effective way to ,mount a burris fastfire or primary arms microdot to my saiga 12 without ruining the cheak weld. I was watching Iain Harrison shoot his Saiga in 3 gun the other day and it looked like he had a FastFire (or similar) mounted where the rear sight should be. How would one do this?

What are some other slick, low profile mounting solutions without going with a rail system.

If I do go with a quad rail...whos is the most low profile?

Thanks,

Jason

Very nice. Will it stand-up the 12 gauge recoil?

Thats the new RS Regulate mount. I have the existing 30mm mount w/ an Aimpoint Comp in it. It is on my 5.45 now, but I've used it on my S12 for a few hundred rounds with zero issues. I have no doubt the RS micro mount will be just as good.

It is more expensive than other mounts, but gives a real low profile. The only reason I'm not using the RS mount on my S12 is that I'm planning on doing a left-side charging handle. Otherwise, its a great product.

Good question and it's all a matter of preference. I tried all sorts of things and all of the mounts I tried were excellent quality and work well for some people --but they just weren't a good fit for my personal preference. I put on an R and R targets mount that goes into the rear sight dovetail (optic too far away for my taste), Arrendondo mount that is built in to the AR stock adapter (optic too close for my taste) and a picatinny rail scope mount that attached to to stock side rail on the receiver (perfect eye relief for me, but too bulky). I liked the concept of the JT Engineering mount that is drilled and tapped into the receiver, but it requires removal of the optic to remove the dust cover. I finally removed the factory scope mounting bracket, welded up the holes and made my own scope mount. I can remove the dust cover without disturbing the optic and the eye relief is just where I like it.

post-31037-0-42749200-1327544766_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...