WTB an AK related underfolding stock TRUNION

Hello my friends.

Through this forum I asked and finaly get a Kalashnikov AK related underfolder stock complete (with all the needed parts such as underfolding stock, lock, sling loop & plate, push button for the stock, retainer pin set, stock mount w/rivets etc), but WITHOUT THE TRUNION! :cryss: (check the following pic).

yugounderfolderparts.jpg

Now, I'm looking to buy a TRUNION compatible with AK underfolding stock to finaly instal it on my rifle. Thanks in advance for your kind help and your quick respond, :rolleyes:

Edited by Nick_Karatzides
Check with centerfire systems.  You'll have to call them but maybe they have one left from one of those Ugo's.  www.centerfiresystems.com

I keep ordering and receiving police related gear and H&K or AK spare parts (for my duty MP-5 smg and my peronaly owned AK rifle) from US the last 5 years. I'm afraid that Centerfiresystems and K-Var are some of the stores who DOES NOT ship products overseas.

Under these circumstances, I'm afraid that Centerfiresystems is not an option! :cryss:

saiga410convertion025pn.th.jpgsaiga410onpatrol0ez.th.jpgsaiga410convertion013wq.th.jpg

The trunion itself is just a U shaped piece with holes drilled in it, it would be easy enough for a machine shop to reproduce, however a good set of shop drawings would be necessary. The location and sizes of all the holes are critical.

G O B

Welcome aboard and unfortunately join the club. I too am trying to find an underfolder trunion to go with a set I got from Allegheny Arsenal. It's a little different looking than most of the ones I've seen on here with the flat sides, groove, and rivets. Mine is one of those half round looking ones like on the Polytechs. They sit at a different (lower) angle when unfolded so I wonder if the trunion is different than the Polish ones?

Oh yeah I almost forgot...Nick that is one sweet looking Saiga 410 in those photos. Do you have any more closeups you could post? Is that what they look like when you buy a Saiga 410 in Russia?

NICE :super:

Edited by Cobra 76 two
Oh yeah I almost forgot...Nick that is one sweet looking Saiga 410 in those photos. Do you have any more closeups you could post? Is that what they look like when you buy a Saiga 410 in Russia?

NICE :super:

I got my Saiga .410 in my hometown Thessaloniki, Greece for 500 euros which equals about 610 US$. Yes, the rifles are imported from Russia but this doesn't mean that I also live in Russia! :eek:

This rifle was produced (according the log book) on April 2005 and had the BLACK polymer stock, upper & lower handguard and pistol grip when I received it (check the 3rd picture rifle which is the "standard" version with 3-4cm longer barrel). To make it look like '70ies era, I thought that it was a nice idea to change the parts with blond wood parts (check 1st & 2nd pictures). I also send you some detailed pictures as requested. The pictures taken one month ago and the Saiga .410 looks very incomplete considering that since then I've already placed a AK-47 style compensator muzzle brake, a cleaning rod, an AK-47 style bayonete with support guide under the front sight and an AK-47 style low side rail mount to install my Aimpoint CompM tactical sight. I think that the only thing that betrays it is the 10rd magazine which is a little diferent from the standard curved real AK :smoke:

My next goal is to remove the wood standard stock and replace it by installing the Yugo styled underfolder metal stock which I got. But I still need a trunion! Anybody? :wub:

saiga410convertion025pn.jpg

saiga410convertion013wq.jpg

firingrange018yh.jpg

Nick,

Why don't you try emailing TonyRumore on this forum. He does alot of custom work on the Saiga and has his own shop. If he can't hook you up with a trunion from the marketplace he may be willing to make you one for a reasonable price. He is a talented guy and is well respected by the members on this forum.

Give Tony a try maybe he can help.

PS....cool .410. Wished mine look like yours. Good luck.

Wolverine.

Sweet gun man!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry i cant help with your trunion search but i gotta ask a question.Will standard AK handguards fit that gun or are they special ones???

As far as I know, ALL the AK handguards and grips are compatible with Saiga .410 rifles.

Why don't you try emailing TonyRumore on this forum. He does alot of custom work on the Saiga and has his own shop. If he can't hook you up with a trunion from the marketplace he may be willing to make you one for a reasonable price. He is a talented guy and is well respected by the members on this forum. Give Tony a try maybe he can help.

Thanks a lot. I've already sent an e-mail to him and wait for answer. Cross my fingers...!

Sweet gun man!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry i cant help with your trunion search but i gotta ask a question.Will standard AK handguards fit that gun or are they special ones???

As far as I know, ALL the AK handguards and grips are compatible with Saiga .410 rifles.

Unfortunately that is only true for you lucky ones that buy them overseas. The Saiga 410 and all other Saigas imported in the US are "sporterized", or rather "neutered" into this configuration which makes it very difficult to return them to their original AK configuration. For example no elevated front sights or rear sights worth a damn on the shotguns and no lower handguard retainers on the shotguns or rifles.

Are the models like yours common over there or only available to law enforcement and military?

Here's a picture of one of the crappy ones that we can get.

post-1293-1125601835_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately that is only true for you lucky ones that buy them overseas. The Saiga 410 and all other Saigas imported in the US are "sporterized", or rather "neutered" into this configuration which makes it very difficult to return them to their original AK configuration. For example no elevated front sights or rear sights worth a damn on the shotguns and no lower handguard retainers on the shotguns or rifles. Are the models like yours common over there or only available to law enforcement and military? Here's a picture of one of the crappy ones that we can get.

Some years before, when Izhmash entered the European market for shotgun rifles, these "crapy sporterized" version of Saiga was the only model. Nowdays, many different types of "military AK-47 looking" Saiga .410 rifles are imported from Izhmash to make us happy. Lucky us huh? :rolleyes:

These rifles are available for every law enforcement and military operator after filling some typical forms (after all... we do have licence to carry and use more exotic firearms for duty purposes) and to all civilian, after getting a weapon handling permit by the local police authorities and be examined by doctors to ensure that rifle user is not a lunatic. Of course these rifles cannot fire military type ammo and are supposed to be used for hunting and practical shooting ONLY. In the very close future, the current law will change and military type ammo will also be free to use, just like the other European countries.

Let's remember the reason for this post again. I haven't got any infos on "HOW to" or "WHERE to" for my underfolding trunion quest. Come on guys... Anybody? :unsure:

Well sorry then! I wasn't trying to hijack your thread just admiring your 410. Around here ones like that are harder to find than underfolder rear trunions and the latter is almost impossible unless you buy a whole kit. I know because like I said I have been looking for some time now. If you aren't getting answers it's not because people like me changed the subject but because they just are not easy to come by. I have a friend in Russia with contacts at Izhmash and he cant even get me one because they don't wear out therefore are not sold as replacement parts. :rolleyes:

Good luck on your search!

And for those strange people who only read the last post on a thread ...

NICK WANTS AN UNDERFOLDER TRUNION! SOMEONE PLEASE GO AND FIND HIM ONE!

I wish I could help, but I have only seen the trunion with the rest of the stock.

You may try FTFIndustries in Canada. I did not have the best experience with them, and their "new" in my "used" condition. However they seem to be fairly honest they just do not answer E-mail verry well.

FTFIndustries,com

Hope you have better luck,

G O B

OK guys, here they are, but they aren't exactly cheap. I've ordered from these folks several times without any problems at all, they are good to do business with. Nick, on their ordering info page, it says that they do ship internationally. Here's the link to their page with the underfolding trunions, look about half-way down the page: http://www.aa-ok.com/AK_Receiver_Parts/Receiver_Parts.html This company usually removes anything they don't have in inventory from their web pages, so I'd be willing to bet that they have them in stock. I know it's a little steep, at $58.00, but sometimes you just have to pay to get what you need. Hope this helps-AKATTACK.

OK guys, here they are, but they aren't exactly cheap.  I've ordered from these folks several times without any problems at all, they are good to do business with.  Nick, on their ordering info page, it says that they do ship internationally. Here's the link to their page with the underfolding trunions, look about half-way down the page: http://www.aa-ok.com/AK_Receiver_Parts/Receiver_Parts.html  This company usually removes anything they don't have in inventory from their web pages, so I'd be willing to bet that they have them in stock.  I know it's a little steep, at $58.00, but sometimes you just have to pay to get what you need.  Hope this helps-AKATTACK.

Already checked last week. The AA-OK company has one of the biggest variety of AK related parts (you'll never find some of these on other AK related markets) and YES, they ship with low shipping charges to Greece and other overseas destination. Hmmmm... So, you might wonder what is the problem? Why didn't I place an order? Why? :angel:

They DON'T have a SECURED way to deal with credit card payment. :eek:

They asked me to send them by e-mail, phone or post, a scaned image of my credit card and they will charge it for the total order amount. Call me "difficult", but I'm not used on situations like that. I'm not risking to send my credit card digits and other data to a completely unknown person, at the other side of globe. Do you? When I said that sending my credit card digits and codes by e-mail, phone or sealed in an envelope looks too risky for me and asked them to send them a postal check or transfer the money amount through bank or Western Union financial service as an alternative way, they replyied that they hate to stand on the line to get their money and their employees (who also hate to stand on the line to get company's money) might ask more money to do that. :osama:

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ??? :killer:

Strange, I have used AA-Ok and had excellent service. They took my card over the phone. Maybe it is the International thing. Can you pay by moneyorder? I know the extra delay sucks, but I wouldn't want to send a copy of my card either.

G O B

Hi nick, i made several order oversea with ftfindustries and i can tell you that they are serious peoples; good item, perfect service.

you can pay by credit card even from europ and it is safe, shipping take 10 days to belgium.

i am also cop in anti crime unit, i would like to make a trade(french hat and patchs) is it possible?

god bless you tavarich.