Best deal on saiga 12

My local dealer wanted to charge me $850 including taxes on a 90 days layaway for a S12. After checking here with the forum members, I found out the guy was f**** me.

Now I saved up a little cash and I need a lead for the best deal out there on a Saiga 12.

Thanks guys

My local dealer wanted to charge me $850 including taxes on a 90 days layaway for a S12. After checking here with the forum members, I found out the guy was f**** me.

Now I saved up a little cash and I need a lead for the best deal out there on a Saiga 12.

Thanks guys

Go to classic arms. They have them for 550. I ordered one and it shipped in about a week.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys

Dude I just bought mine for $599.00. Yeah he was totally hosing you....

Thanks guys

You didn't do so well yourself...

• Like 1

I dont see any vendors with Saiga 12s under 600 anywhere right now. I think Classic Arms sold out.

Saiga rifles in nearly every caliber are scarce right now and this happens a couple times every year.

Edited by Lord Ak-47

Thanks guys

You didn't do so well yourself...

Yeah actually I did. You wont find it cheaper online nor in any retail store cheaper.

I refuse to shop for others, read my posts, I can't be the only person finding deals... look around folks, that requires you to LEAVE your house and find the little gun shops that aren't looking to gouge every guy who walks in their door...

I've never bought a gun at any place with a website...

I refuse to shop for others, read my posts, I can't be the only person finding deals... look around folks, that requires you to LEAVE your house and find the little gun shops that aren't looking to gouge every guy who walks in their door...

I bought mine from Classic Arms. Good people, easy to work with, and the Saiga was new in the box.

I have visited six gun shops in and around Northern Virginia and attended two gun shows where I found S12's and the lowest price I could find was $689. The average price was $750 retail and I saw one as high as $889. Online is the way to go. I found mine on Gunbroker and at that point $579 was the lowest on there the median price about $649 plus shipping. I truly believe that this thing is worth about $400 tops.

My only concern about that from a retail standpoint is that this is not a volume business (in units sold) so they need to have the mark up to make a profit. How greedy they are certainly varies but online shops do not have the overhead of having a building, a buncha sales staff, utilities etc. The FFL process can be a bit of a bitch though as I found out. I got mine eight days after it shipped to my FFL.

I have visited six gun shops in and around Northern Virginia and attended two gun shows where I found S12's and the lowest price I could find was $689. The average price was $750 retail and I saw one as high as $889. Online is the way to go. I found mine on Gunbroker and at that point $579 was the lowest on there the median price about $649 plus shipping. I truly believe that this thing is worth about $400 tops.

My only concern about that from a retail standpoint is that this is not a volume business (in units sold) so they need to have the mark up to make a profit. How greedy they are certainly varies but online shops do not have the overhead of having a building, a buncha sales staff, utilities etc. The FFL process can be a bit of a bitch though as I found out. I got mine eight days after it shipped to my FFL.

Very true, these weapons originally sold for around $200 a decade ago. We call that period, "B.D." or Before Drum. Shortly after Mike created his 20 round drum, these things exploded onto the market. Prices then started going up. Last year the ATF did a study on the importability of certain shotguns and everyone thought the S-12 was going to be banned. There was a HUGE demand and prices got up to as high as $900 for an UNCONVERTED S-12! Since then, prices haven't been the same but you'll find a cheaper price on 'em a few times throughout the year at certain shops. Gun shows are a HUGE no-no, you won't find anything thing but converted prices on unconverted guns, FUCK THAT SHIT!

Find you a good hole-in-the-wall dealer who you can convince to order some from Arsenal or other distributors. They'll get you a decent deal.

Atlantic firearms has some pretty sweet models for around $1k. If you have an FFL that will accept the shipment and do the transfer, that wouldn't be bad. If you don't want to spend that much, ordering one for $600 is still better than $850.

Very true, these weapons originally sold for around $200 a decade ago. We call that period, "B.D." or Before Drum. Shortly after Mike created his 20 round drum, these things exploded onto the market. Prices then started going up. Last year the ATF did a study on the importability of certain shotguns and everyone thought the S-12 was going to be banned. There was a HUGE demand and prices got up to as high as $900 for an UNCONVERTED S-12! Since then, prices haven't been the same but you'll find a cheaper price on 'em a few times throughout the year at certain shops. Gun shows are a HUGE no-no, you won't find anything thing but converted prices on unconverted guns, FUCK THAT SHIT!

Find you a good hole-in-the-wall dealer who you can convince to order some from Arsenal or other distributors. They'll get you a decent deal.

I bought mine during the ATF study... spent 700 dollars when the cheapest anywhere was 900... I traveled all over PA, VA, and MD looking for one and found a guy with one for 900 and talked him to a bit over 600. After it was all said and done a week later I walked out with it at just under 700... You really need to walk around and deal with the guys.

• Like 1