Hot News!

I added myself to the mailing list and eagerly look forward to them.

As for the "no more than what a traditional magazine would handle," for the durability. Are we talking about an official Russian Saiga-12 8rd magazine, or just a generic magazine for a rifle in general? I'd just like a bit more word on that, since I haven't really heard you mention any exact tests you've put them through yet (or plan to put them through).

If these things handle range use and aren't prone to melting in 110 degree weather and can survive a drop onto dirt from 5 feet or so, I'd be ecstatic. I don't expect my magazines to be run over by trucks or tossed from ten stories up, just as long as they handle regular range use and feed reliably, it's great for me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these things handle range use and aren't prone to melting in 110 degree weather and can survive a drop onto dirt from 5 feet or so, I'd be ecstatic.  I don't expect my magazines to be run over by trucks or tossed from ten stories up, just as long as they handle regular range use and feed reliably, it's great for me.

Ditto!!!

I am being vague b/c they are not for sale yet. I have put them in a taster oven at 175 and they dont melt. I have dropped them from the second floor of my condo. I am waiting to try the 9th. Details will be online soon. The polymer I am using is rated for 250 deg I believe. Don't worry I have been around a long time....I started AK-47.net (managment there are dicks) and I know what you people expect.

Ian

Edited by badz2801

Alex, I think it was "they'd gripe if you hung 'em with a new rope". hahha. At least that's the way I always heard it. Man, I can't wait for these mags to be available. I'm all for Ian doing this. My only concern is being able to afford as many mags as I want to buy. :o

Go Ian!!!! I'm cheering you on.

MLM

You should make a limited run painted with a USA Flag design and have "922R COMPLIANT" molded into the sides.

Either way, you sold me with the 175 degree and 2nd story drop tests. I'll set aside a bunch of cash in my Saiga fund now so that I can get these things ASAP when they're out.

Thanks again for doing this. This has got to be one of the best pieces of news for the Saiga community, save for the whole "RAA importing again" thing.

I am being vague b/c they are not for sale yet.  I have put them in a taster oven at 175 and they dont melt.  I have dropped them from the second floor of my condo.  I am waiting to try the 9th. Details will be online soon. The polymer I am using is rated for 250 deg I believe. Don't worry I have been around a long time....I started AK-47.net (managment there are dicks) and I know what you people expect.

Ian

Holly cow! You're THATIan? I agree. Dave (aka in-tar-net S.E.A.L. among other lies and imo dishonest deals) is a moron (perhaps thief is apt?). Care to give a short version of the reason behind your opinion?