WTK info on fitting the CSS Internal Receiver block

I am attempting to fit the CSS internal receiver block to my S12. I have cut off the tang on the rear trunion and have attempted to install the internal receiver block . However, when i attempt to mount the receiver block in the holes for the former original FCG, there is about a 1/16 gap between the rear of the receiver and the receiver block. Any one else have this problem? I am wondering if I have to egg out the holes in the receiver to make it fit flush? Any one have any thoughts on this?

usually caused by a non flush cut of the tang allowing a bit of excess metal to extend in one area just far enough to not let the block seat all the way in.... I used an ace block and had the same issue, took me a minut or two of close looking to see where it was makeing contact and another minut with a dremil and grinding disc to make it fit...

I could be wrong..... but thats where I'd start looking if it were me

I suspect it will be be a move I regret also. the tang is cut flush, it is the FCG holes that seem to be the issue, or maybe the receiver block, one of them seems to be the issue. Wonder if there are any SAIGA rear trunions around in case I decide to go back?

Edited by Chiroone

I had the opposite problem my CSS internal receiver block would not go in far enough to line up the holes. Just the variability from one gun to the next as mentioned above.

On a side note it is somewhat irritating that the center of these things are not machined out quite far enough to get at the triger guard mounting screw. I took some material out of the center to remedy this.

post-28138-0-39316500-1330580617_thumb.jpg

Why use the holes at all? These are supposed to be rock solid with just the top screw. I would use the top screw and then use the plastic caps for the screw holes on the sides. That way if you ever decide to convert back for any reason, you don't have to worry about egged out holes in the receiver.

• Like 1

The holes were a little tight on mine. I am pretty sure I ruined some threads on the screws trying to get everything lined up.

Do they make these with a few degree downward angle. This is the one I have from CSS

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-372/Saiga-AK47-Internal-Stock/Detail

I would really like one without the 3 degree correction.

Designed with a 3 degree corrected stock angle so the stock is straight with the barrel, not angled down.