How round is the dot in Aimpoint Micro H/T-1?

I have two Primary Arms micro dots and both have the "dot" shaped like, well, some kind out of shape star or something. I understand this is a chep dot and I'm fine with it for saiga-12 but for my MAC-90 I'd like to have a nice, round and small "true" dot.

Does Aimpoint Micro H or T have a perfect dot?

Thanks!

I have two Primary Arms micro dots and both have the "dot" shaped like, well, some kind out of shape star or something. I understand this is a chep dot and I'm fine with it for saiga-12 but for my MAC-90 I'd like to have a nice, round and small "true" dot.

Does Aimpoint Micro H or T have a perfect dot?

It depends somewhat on your eye. I have a bit of astigmatism and so do not see a perfect circle. Not so bad that it causes any difficulty.

my bushnell trs 25 looks like a star on the lowest brightness (1 out of 10 or 11) when I'm indoors. It may have something to do with lighting angles and reflections. I'm no expert. From what I hear I could also have slight astigmatism.

As far as I remember it was a perfect dot outside on a day of overcast.

I think it would work fine for me if they made brightness levels below the minimum. the only time I would ever need brightness level 11 is if I was shooting at the sun

nail, seriously what the hell is your avatar from... I find myself just staring at it from time to time, almost as much as the girl gifs the guys have on here for their avatars lol

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar
  • Like 1

That explains why in the house I see a small star but when I go to the indoor range the star is much bigger.

I think my eye sight is going bad as when I shoot with iron sights, the rear sight is quite blurry to me... Red dot scope helps a lot, but I guess I won't be able to find a scope with a perfectly round dot for indoor shooting.

just 1x ? link?

I meant to say a 1x that is compact and good quality

went to the range today, bushnell trs-25 actually is almost a perfect circle outdoors.

Sunny today, actually I used brightness level 7.

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar

just 1x ? link?

I meant to say a 1x that is compact and good quality

went to the range today, bushnell trs-25 actually is almost a perfect circle outdoors.

Sunny today, actually I used brightness level 7.

the bushnell trs is a decent optic for the price point for sure. my eyes suck for open sights myself and it works , for now..... btw , the dot on my trs25 is almost perfect out doors . the highest setting i can use is like 4 of 11 on a sunny day without excessive glare.

• Like 1

It'd be nice if there were 1x (no zoom/adjustable magnification) crosshair scopes

this looks interesting http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B004HCCKNC

Weaver has a 1x scope. Some others have been made over the years. I like a 2x shotgun scope for the AK.

i have a tasco 2.5 x on my 12 guage 870. very clear and it put a 15 shot ragged hole lower right edge of 1 inch bull at 50 yds. i just laughed when i looked up close and saw it. picked it up for a twenty spot on e-bay used.its actually a turkey and slug scope. those longer eye relief low power scopes are a godsend for us with not as good as they used to be eyes.

I read in another thread here about a certain way to use a digital camera to take a picture of the dot on aimpoints.

Since to me, red dot sights have always been very strange to my eye, like a constantly shifting oval with some flare on the outsides, I tried this trick.

Using the camera correctly, it's very obvious that the dot is flawless in aimpoint sights, my eyes just can't see them that way. It's quite impressive through a camera actually, it looks like someone pasted a perfect red round dot on the picture with photoshop.

I've had lasik to correct my astigmatism, as well as get me into the 20/15 vision range. I still can't see a red dot worth a crap. I always opt for 1x glass, as it agrees perfectly with my eyes.

It'd be nice if there were 1x (no zoom/adjustable magnification) crosshair scopes

this looks interesting http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B004HCCKNC

Variable power scopes (1-4x like the one linked) won't give you a true 1x. It's usually more like 1.2x. Just enough magnification to be distracting.

There are a few true 1x scopes, though. But you're talking a bit of money.

On the lower end is the Leupold Prismatic. About $500 for the optic. Leupold will replace the reticle for your for $150. Google "Leupold reticle chart" to see the options.

IOR Valdada makes the "Pitbull" a 1x and 4x (no zoom, just switchable between true 1x and 4x). I forget the price, but it is north of $700 to be sure.

The Soviet Rakurs optic is also an etched reticle design, true 1x. $500 or so.

The trouble with true 1x optics is that you still get the eye relief and parallax issues of a normal scope, so you lose some of the speed and freedom of a red dot. But you do get perfect clarity of the reticle, and of course, it will work with no batteries and can't wash out.

I have a few Leupold Prismatics on different guns. I love them. Two have the normal circle-plex reticle, and I had two others changed over to german #1 reticles. Even built my own illumination module for one of them (solar charged, switchable between blue and amber colors, with continuously variable brightness).

It will never replace the Aimpoint on my 5.45 (for reasons of speed), but I use it on all my 308 carbines and shotguns.

• Like 1