Put money towards ammo or another rifle?

Ammo or Rifle?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Ammo or a second Saiga (7.62 this time)?

• Ammo! You can't shoot any guns without it!
    • Saiga 7.62! Diversify! One is never enough of anything.

It's an election year and we're about to go into a depression. This recession is being held together with horse shit and lies.

Buy emergency food supplies and seed for a garden. If you already have that, buy as much .22 ammo as you can get.

• Like 4
  • 5 weeks later...

Remember that old Gary Cooper movie about the French foreign legion and the crazy Sargeant Major runs toward the camera and yells out...."rapid fire...rapid fire....RAPID FIRE!!!"

Buy the ammo. Buy more ammo. Buy all the ammo you can afford. You can never have enough. HB of CJ (old coot....with not enough ammo..yet!) smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png Shoot off 250...buy 1000!

• Like 1

I know that there is no such a thang as too many firearms, but I'm at the point that I cannot physically store anymore round the house, so I am putting my spare money on mags and ammo...but then ya gotta have food, meds, other sundry supplies also! A person should have their preps well rounded out. Figure everything as an investment, as everything will be going up in price, or get extremely hard to find . Good quality tools , heirloom seeds for a garden if you have the room, and if you do, a means of preserving it.

BUT that being said, if its gotta be one or the other, do what your heart tells ya to...or what your wife says. :)

• Like 2

Haha! To each his own. Lets just say that a little flowers and chocolate has served me well and prove to be a worthy investment. bad_smile.gif

If I bring my wife flowers, chocolate, or a spa certificate, the first words out of her mouth are, "What the fuck did you do now?"

We have a mutual agreement in my house, especially with overtime. The first 80 hours(get paid biweekly) goes straight to the bank for rent/bills/kid's activities/food/etc. After the bills are paid and the necessities squared away, then we divide the remainder down the middle. Some paydays I may only have enough for a couple of boxes of Tula from Hell-wart, but it's better than nothing. Any overtime/bonus checks/monies from things I've sold stays with whoever got it. She spends hers on whatever she wants to(normally she gets stuff for the pantry or craft supplies), and mine goes straight to the fun stuff.

• Like 2

Well, I have been hanging on to it. I spent some on the wife's birthday and then I got a speeding ticket Friday for 17 over. I am going to try to get it knocked down but I have a feeling some of my "rifle/ammo" money is going to have to go towards that now. Murphy is messing with me.

+1 for ammo also.. i have about 15,000 rounds and still dont feel like thats enough... i am splurging on a couple ak builds tho!! lol i got around the wife thing by telling her the 5.45 is for her!!! muuhhaaaahahaha

How do you store and rotate 15,000 rounds? I've got around 7,000 rounds of various calibers stored mostly in ammo boxes. I try to rotate with first in, first out as best I can. I have some 308 surplus that dates into the early '70's that is stored in sealed packs and a large metal ammo case that I need to work on shooting up and rotating out. The 308 is pretty expensive stuff these days and I don't burn through it like the 9mm, 7.62 and .223. Still, I appreciate my two M1A's.