Ordered a Saiga 12 IZ109; Mach1Arsenal doing the convert

I decided to purchase a new Saiga 12 today IZ109 ($640 shipped) and had it mailed to Mach 1 Arsenal, having them do conversion kit. With the conversion, Les is going to be putting on:

- Saiga 12 Quad Rail System

- Tromix Shark Brake for Saiga 12

- REACT™ Ergonomic Vertical Grip

- Tapco 6-Pos Adjust Stock

- Tapco Hogue Rubber Grip

- Tromix Trigger Guard

- Tapco Fire Control Group

- Krebs Axis Pin Retainer Plate

- Original 5 round Mag

- SGM Tactical 12 round Mag

- Foam-lined Hard Case

In addition, I need to pick a Duracoat color. All of my guns are black, but I wanted to do something a tad different with this; I was thinking the Nickel or Artic Ghost scheme:

Mach1ArsenalArticGhost.jpg

or something like this:

Tac47SlugSlinger%20(2).JPG

Thoughts?

I also ordered a Slide Fire stock for some fun. I plan on also ordering an MD20 drum. This will be my first shotgun; I have been shooting rifles and handguns 20+ years.

Mike

• Like 1

How much are you paying for the whole package with the price of the Saiga 12 and parts included?

Are they welding up the unused receiver holes?

I would choose something other than the Tapco T6 stock. When fully collapsed, they are only a fraction of an inch shorter than a fixed WARSAW stock. They also flex a great deal under recoil. Some people like them fine, but I'd go for a KVar WARSAW length fixed stock. Just a suggestion, you may love it though.

+1 about dropping the Tapco stock IMO ...also not a Slide Fire fan but to each his own.

I think a lot of folks on here might suggest shooting it some before making any serious/permannent/expensive additions or modifications.

If you consider a folder, check out Bonesteel's newest setup for various AR stocks

Have fun

Harv

Thanks for the feedback. I agree after looking at multiple pictures, I will put a KVar WARSAW style stock on it.

In regards to the conversion, Mach1Arsenal will do anything that you want. They have a stock package and then you can modify things from there (which is what I did); for example I supplied my own muzzle break and rail system. My conversion will have the receiver holes welded.

Here is what you get in a typical conversion from a parts perspective:

- SGM Tactical Saberboss muzzlebrake

- SGM Tactical TriRail Forearm (Upgradable to MissAutoArms or UTG Quadrail )

- Tapco Basic Stock (Upgradable to 6-Pos Adjust)

- Tapco Basic Grip(Upgradable to SawGrip or Hogue Rubber)

- Tromix Trigger Guard

- Foam-lined Hard Case

- Duracoated in the color of your choice (Stock on shelf, or Special Order)

In addition, this is what is done during the conversion:

- NIB Saiga 12ga IZ-109 or IZ-111(depending on what's available) with all factory accessories (excluding mag, 922r parts count issue) <-- If you buy the gun from them

- Firearm is completely stripped down, triggerguard milled off (not drilled). All parts are degreased and then sandblasted.

- Gasblock is pressed off (not hammered off), gas access hole in block is reamed to a larger diameter, all gasports in barrel are reamed (not drilled) to a larger diameter on the same angle as factory, and gasblock is pressed back on and front sight realigned.

- Gun is then heated to help in degreasing, degreased, and sandblasted.

- All parts are then Painted with Duracoat Firearm Finishes in the stock color of your choice (additional charge and longer leadtime on special orders). All finished parts are heated to 200+degrees to kick off the hardener, and then air-cured for 2 days prior to re-assembly.

- Bolt carrier(charging handle), firing pin assembly and face of hammer are all polished to smooth the feel of the bolt action and help with cycling.

- Firearm is reassembled using a Tapco Fire Control Group and Krebs Axis Pin Retainer Plate.

- Grip is mounted using a hex head bolt and star washer vs. a philips head screw that wears out.

- Stock is mounted with larger screws that are supplied by the manufacturer.

- Forward sight post is painted with hi-vis sight paint. Rifle elevation flip-up sight position numbers are repainted with hi-vis sight paint.

- Rubber cap on the bolt carrier/charging handle for a more comfortable, cushioned grip.

- After completion, firearm is test fired for functionality.

- Firearm and accessories are then packaged in a foam-lined hard case and shipped UPS ground.

There are other optional services and things that can be done; when I asked if mine was going to be welded I was told yes.

Rough cost is dependant on what you do - but it is ~1000 to $1100 with Mach1Arsenal providing the gun.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. Les @ Mach1Arsenal delivered. Phenomenal!

While it will be shipping tomorrow, the pictures look great. In addition, this has been one of my best buying experiences. I have purchased a lot of stuff over the years, and Les provided tons of communication throughout the process. Made me feel very comfortable; down to letting me know when a package was received that I sent (even though I had the tracking number and could see it was delivered).

Anyhow : here are some pictures:

477949_315127435233855_135140446565889_731000_268048960_o.jpg

476764_315127788567153_135140446565889_731001_484130267_o.jpg

466153_315128055233793_135140446565889_731003_916538324_o.jpg

466231_315128441900421_135140446565889_731004_2073947672_o.jpg

461895_315128645233734_135140446565889_731007_1187612768_o.jpg

477949_315127435233855_135140446565889_731000_268048960_o.jpg

I will put some video up later this week with the Slide Fire, the MD drums and stick mags. I am excited!

Mike

Thus far, I have put through 100 slugs and 100 Federal Bulk 7.5 shells.

Shooting with the slide fire is very difficult. I am not a big guy, but it reminds me of being on the football sled from my highschool days. Out of the box from Mach1Arsenal, it shot great without any issues. Today, I decided to take it up to the local Sporting Clays and dial in the bulk ammo stuff at their spread board. I put in the CSS Puk and the Tac47 AutoPlug. Leaving the AutoPlug on the factory - all the way out - setting, it shot 23 out of 25 Federal Bulk 7.5". I was surprised, as I have read and seen videos of people having various issues. I rotated the plug per the Tac47 video and had 1 more stove pipe out of the next 30 (#28 of 30 actually). I rotated it once more and shot the remaining 45 with no issues at all.

I can say - amazing difference between the bulk stuff and slugs.

Unfortunately, I was unable to use the slide fire at the sporting clay place. They already gave me odd looks for having a "home defense" shotgun there. I was going to put a Fast Fire III on it and take it through the 13 station course they have. I am sure I will get more odd looks then.

Mike

Edited by ZenOhSix

Very nice!

The slide fire is kind of a "gimmicky toy" IMHO, at least on a S-12. Otherwise a very nice shotty.

I'm guessing the old farts with expensive shotguns at the range, dislike the S-12 because of it's AK appearance. Once they see it's firepower, they probably dislike it because it makes their expensive shotguns look inadequate and silly. big_smile.gif

I decided to purchase a new Saiga 12 today IZ109 ($640 shipped) and had it mailed to Mach 1 Arsenal, having them do conversion kit. With the conversion, Les is going to be putting on:

- Saiga 12 Quad Rail System

- Tromix Shark Brake for Saiga 12

- REACT™ Ergonomic Vertical Grip

- Tapco 6-Pos Adjust Stock

- Tapco Hogue Rubber Grip

- Tromix Trigger Guard

- Original 5 round Mag

- Foam-lined Hard Case

In addition, I need to pick a Duracoat color. All of my guns are black, but I wanted to do something a tad different with this; I was thinking the Nickel or Artic Ghost scheme:

Mach1ArsenalArticGhost.jpg

or something like this:

Tac47SlugSlinger%20(2).JPG

Thoughts?

I also ordered a Slide Fire stock for some fun. I plan on also ordering an MD20 drum. This will be my first shotgun; I have been shooting rifles and handguns 20+ years.

Mike

Bottom one is Nickle thats one of our Builds.