HSGI stuff came in the other day, I've bought some of there stuff in the past through private sales but never directly from them. I'll start off by saying there customer service is outstanding! If your one of those people who wants to know exactly where the gear is you spent money on, they send you an "in house tracking number" as well as your shipping info with each order. Shipping was fast and arrived exactly when they said it would.

This round I purchased the riggers belt and there "sniper" waist pack, the quality is excellent and as usual will hold up to any kind of abuse thrown at it. There seams are double if not triple stitched and they have also used a cloth adhesive. The belt is actually comfortable yet supports anything on the belt line incredibly well. I loaded up the waist pack with 6 loaded AR mags, a mini survival kit, an eight and some rope and it didn't feel like much weight at all, to the point of not needing any suspenders. Always a nice surprise! I have other things added to the belt line besides the pack and it seems pretty comfortable, I'll know more after a hike. I also have some of there "taco" mag holders (single pouch) and find them to be the most versatile mag holders I've ever used.

Good company, give'em a try!032.gif

• Like 2

I have used numerous HSGI products while Active Duty and we did give the stuff the old torture test, jumping and humping the stuff. Gene will stand behind his products and replace anything you can tear up. For those of you using a USGI ALICE ruck, try out his "Alipad". It adds more padding to your back, shoulders, and waist plus adds two cargo compartments. We swore by them especially when doing 12 mile forced marches. His drop holsters and platforms are the shit as well.

ETA: He'll do custom work as well. He does a great job modifying and adding MOLLE webbing to those old rucks.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 1

S.O.Tech is great stuff too. We ran their Hellcat rigs which were awesome. I went through Jumpmaster school with an Army Rigger, (guy who packs and repairs parachutes and harnesses), who designed a bunch of their gear.

Negotiating with Gene on shirts! should have 'em ready for 'em next week!

Awesome client to have, congrats! Think I should hit him up with that bag design?

I forgot to mention that his TACO Mag holders will also hold S12 mags!

i plan on ordering a drop holster for my glock 21 w/X300 t tommorrow. so this was good news to hear. thanks for the input fellas.

We used his Airborne Drop Holsters which were great but the better set up is his Universal Drop Holster Platform with a Safariland holster mounted in it which I use for my Glocks today.

i orderd the holster today and i did mention the jugg swag. and MT, do you have any pics of your holster that you could give a little more insight on? i have one safariland holster for my g23, but i had to modify the auto lock so it would make minimum contact with my slide and prematurley eat into my finish. my buddy had to have his g27 refinished after a year due to it eating into the top of the slide just forward of the rear sight.

• Like 1

I was on the phone with gene for 1hr and a half yesterday and he has so many good ideas comming up. He is willing to work with tthe customers and talked to me like he has known me for years. Anyways heres the idea we came up with on one of my HSGI chest rigs! its sweet!!!!!!

post-35811-0-02855400-1337468501_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...