KUSHNAPUP H**L NO -WHERE IS THE DBL. STACK MAG

Am I the only one who got double stack mags with his Kush kit?

...Just couldn't resist.

Y'know, the only thing that could get me to buy a Kushnafuck would be if they came with double-stack S-12 mags, (that MD designed, not Bjorn), and that was the only way to get em.

I'd order one, grab the mags, then sell that plastic shell. <_<

Bjorn took the easy path and made a relatively light stock.

I want a stock that I can beat a rabid bear to death with and I'd happily accept 3 more pounds if that's what it takes.

The garand, FAL, and G3 are my standards for stock strength.... the AK is a distant 3rd, my Saiga wears a bulgarian skeleton stock that is pretty damned stout.

• The garand, FAL, and G3 are my standards for stock strength.... the AK is a distant 3rd, my Saiga wears a bulgarian skeleton stock that is pretty damned stout.

AK is a distant 3rd??? or wouldn't that be FOURTH??? ...So when you say 3 pounds, maybe you really mean 2 pounds? LOL. I just had to give you a hard time, Preparehandbook.

I would definitely be all over some MD double stacks after seeing their drum's quality! They would be the ultimate mag, IMHO. I am already following the thread in the MD manufacturer's forum and anxiously await an update.

Not sure why, but I couldn't post this in the product review section. Almost finished just need a mini monster brake and it will be done.

402700608.jpg

PK-23 on ultimak rail btw.

Edited by strawman

Is that the rail from CSS? or did you get it somewhere else? was it a direct bolt on? or did it require extra messing with to get it to work??

thanks!

:smoke:

Rail is an ultimak, I got from Atlantic Firearms.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct397.aspx

It requires removing rear sight by drifting it out, then a replacement piece is drifted in that has a threaded hole in it. The front screw turned out to be a huge ordeal. A hole has to be drilled in the front gas block in the raised section, then threaded. When I went to drill the hole on my press the bit bent and chattered off to the side. So in my infinite wisdom, I decided to fill the hole with weld. What I didn't know was the weld metal itself was then too hard to drill and thread. So I ground the front sight flat with the top of the gas tube, and a machinist made a replacement, threaded it, and tacked it on to the block. Since I didn't thread all the way into the gas block as the instructions indicated, I had to then grind down the supplied screw so that it fit. On the plus side, I dont have to worry about the possibility of cleaning up the threads inside the gas block where I would've drilled all the way through. It's very solid, and works great. However you will need at least a medium rise ring, to be able to see through the red dot properly. The additional material added to where you check weld makes it impossible to see the sight, and I recommend high rise, but I had a medium on hand, and works just fine.

402703654.jpg

Front mount

402703645.jpg

Rear mount

Edited by strawman