13 members have voted

1. 1. Which 10 round mag looks the best?

• SGM
    • AGP
    • Promag

Just as the title says, what in everyone's opinion is the best looking magazine? SGM (probably not), AGP or Promag? I am thinking for the 10 rounders.

I am on the market for new mags, but I really hate the way my SGM mag looks. Now I know there are a billion posts concerning the performance of them, but I have never had any problems running my friends' AGPs and Promag mags through my gun. As far as reliability, I don't intend on using my Saiga more than just for the range or 3 gun someday, and have never had a problem with any of the mags. So, everything else being equal, which one looks best???

However, if you have had personal experience with frequent unreliability, feel free to post. It would be annoying to spend the money and have a mag that never runs well enough.

SGM

sgm10rnd.jpg

Promag

promag1.jpg

AGP

mag_agp_saiga12_10rnd-2T.jpg

Edited by socom688

If you want the absolute bar-none best looking, that won't leave you looking foolish as the gun jams, get a mil-spec Russian 8.

Yeah, they're pricey, but they're not just a range toy.

post-2027-1119371062.jpg

I can't quite convince myself to spend the money on just 1 magazine. But I do like the way they look the best. They look the most natural hanging under a Saiga.

Are you fucking kidding? Hope the best looking mag you choose doesn't end with bad results if you actually had to depend on it to defend yourself or others.

Christ, some of y'all need to chill the hell out. You will live longer.

Some of you are pretty presumptuous and have assumed I don't have my bases covered for my own protection...

That's just it, my Saiga is not for defense. Wanna talk about reliability for defense? How 'bought using a coach gun as a defense weapon? That will fire way more reliably than a gas operated semi-automatic shotgun. I have a Mossberg 500a I have never had a problem with, which I have fired over 4000 rounds out of and never a hickup, as my home defense weapon. It has never failed to fire. Ever. My Saiga on the other hand has jammed a couple of times over the same amount of rounds, and that is the reason I will never use it for defense since I have a more reliable option. In no real life scenario will I need to shoot more than the Mossberg holds, like in the immediate defense of my property or family members during a burglary.

If the end of the world happened, or some other catastrophic event, I have 9 eastern block magazines filled with Brown Bear next to my AK, a few hundred rounds of .45 for my 1911 and the Saiga would be left behind. Its too heavy, I wont be able to carry nearly as much ammo and the list goes on.

That is why I don't care about the insignificant flawless function rate between the magazines listed. Whether its 99% or 99.999%... don't care. My Saiga is used for a range toy and if I ever have time, maybe I will mess around in some competitions like 3 gun, for which I will use the SGM I already have, and get more SGMs. Otherwise, I don't care.

And anyways, from my experience, and the experience of others I personally know, the AGP and Promag mags have ran just fine.

Edited by socom688

Of the 3 choices available, I voted for AGP.. even though I've gotten better performance from Surefires.

As others have said, the absolute best looking S-12 mags are the OEM 8-rnders. The rock'n'lock look best, with the magwell 8s a close second.

• Like 1