Who has strippled their own Glock? (or other poly frame pistol)

I +1 the skateboard tape. It gives great grip but is removable if you change your mind.

I personally think the textured look is god-awful looking.

But if you are set on that, I think ROBAR does the best job.

Otherwise for the DIY:

[media=]

[/media] Edited by BuffetDestroyer

I have not done a Glock YET!!! but I have done some AGP's, P-mags, a AR-15 grip and a factory S-12 forearm praticing for my try at a glock it is all about taking your time, draw a outline of where you want stimpled and as long as you don't go outside of the lines all most any mistake can be fixed. Don't do your Glock first you will need to pratice first to get comfortable do it also make sure the wife, kids, or any pet are not in the same room as you trust me it will not help you any if they are. I will post some pics tonight.

you could try a wood burner. they have different sized tips and should work as good as a soldering iron.

i never done this to any of mine, as they already have good grips. one is an rtf and the other a gen4. just be careful, i see a lot of them that look like ass. but if it works then fuck it.

I did some practice stuff, mag, old handguard and I could scrap it off with my finger nail.

After I scraped it off I did not like the look, now I might have done something wrong.

My local gun smith wants to do my G22, but I have to leave it and it costs $70.00.

Money I dont want to spend on something I might not like.

He does have samples of His work and it does look GOOD and the feel is nice.

I am still on the fence.

Here is my M&P45. It was my first, and only, attempt. It took forever as I was being careful and slow also lots of Advil from eye strain headaches. For straight lines I used some blue masking tape, taped it off and just followed the line staying as close as possible to the tape. I'm not sure Im finished yet. I did the bottom of the trigger guard and tapered it off as it rounded towards the top but the more I shoot it the more I think I want the whole trigger guard stippled.

6FD07892-orig.jpg

3856F1DF-orig.jpg

C432E852-orig.jpg

E2613AD6-orig.jpg

6770F02E-orig.jpg

B80A52D1-orig.jpg

BDF8EC03-orig.jpg

• Like 2

The grip angle on a Glock is almost exactly the same as a 1911. It's the hump on the back of a Glock's grip that throws people off.

That being said, just stippling won't do anything to the contour or shape of the grip. For that, you'll need to get more involved. There's a video on YT showing the candle method. It's just like it sounds. You basically hold the grip hump high enough above the flame that it heats it enough to work with the polymer, but isn't melting it off. In the video, they would heat it up, and roll the hump on a table to flatten it out. Rinse and repeat until the hump is nonexistent.

As far as DIY stippling, I recommend practicing on some polymer mags of some kind. Or pistol grips, or whatever. Anything to get practice without possibly screwing up a $500 gun.

In case you want to look at someone else doing it for you, check out Cold Bore Customs. They do amazing work (stippling and hump removal) and their prices aren't bad. Google the name and you'll be able to find their site and some examples of their work. Many people over at GT have used them and all were very pleased.