Specialty Ammo in the S-12

Has anyone tried to run any of the "specialty" ammo in their Saiga 12's?

I'm talking about dragon's breath, flechette rounds, bolo rounds, etc. Do these have enough power to cycle or would you have to hand-cycle these in order to use them?

It emits massive amounts of heat and would more than likely melt away the gas tube the more you shoot them. If you want to shoot Dragon's Breath i would suggest a cheap single shot or pump shotgun. Most of the other specialty ammo can work but things like Flares, Dog Training Poppers, Concussion Rounds and even some Rock Salt rounds do not work well.

I thought about getting some of this stuff, Dragon's Breath and Flash-Bang specifically. But, I thought better of it.

Seems like it might be akin to running 150 octane gas in a fuel injected engine. Not the best analogy maybe but it works for me.

If you want to shoot novelty rounds, use a pump action shotgun! You can use specialty rounds in your saiga like the two ball and wire thing, flechette and higher power rubber rounds. None of which will be reliable.

The bird bombs have no kick to them and no grain so you will have to cycle them manually, it will not hurt your weapon.

The dragons breath will trash your gas system in just a few rounds and may cause permanent damage to your piston.

A really fun round is the fiocci glow stick rounds. I have not been able to get them to cycle in my Tac47 but didn't really expect them to work. :)

I thought about getting some of this stuff, Dragon's Breath and Flash-Bang specifically. But, I thought better of it.

Seems like it might be akin to running 150 octane gas in a fuel injected engine. Not the best analogy maybe but it works for me.

I dunno, it might be a good analogy if you meant that it won't run, but if you meant that it would burn the motor up, no, not a good analogy.

If you want to shoot novelty rounds, use a pump action shotgun! You can use specialty rounds in your saiga like the two ball and wire thing, flechette and higher power rubber rounds. None of which will be reliable.

The bird bombs have no kick to them and no grain so you will have to cycle them manually, it will not hurt your weapon.

The dragons breath will trash your gas system in just a few rounds and may cause permanent damage to your piston.

A really fun round is the fiocci glow stick rounds. I have not been able to get them to cycle in my Tac47 but didn't really expect them to work. smile.png

I don't have a pump action shotgun...or any other gun for that matter...My Saiga 12 is the first firearm I've ever owned. Maybe my friend will let me put some down his Mossy 500.

Are you talking about the tracer rounds?

I dunno, it might be a good analogy if you meant that it won't run, but if you meant that it would burn the motor up, no, not a good analogy.

Mainly what I meant was it's something I wouldn't do.

Sorry about the link, shoulda check it after posting. My point being though..... At least trying to do a search before asking a question often times yeilds all you will ever want to know. That is IF the search engine is working at the time, lol.