Recoil Buffers--

Wanting to install a recoil buffer. I have them on my AK's. Does anyone have any experience with these on the 12?

Got one on mine. Works good. I have heard of certain brand buffers possibly causing a problem but I cannot remember which. Blackjack is what I use

Oh and welcome to the board

Edited by stokstad
Wanting to install a recoil buffer. I have them on my AK's. Does anyone have any experience with these on the 12?

Got one on mine. Works good. I have heard of certain brand buffers possibly causing a problem but I cannot remember which. Blackjack is what I use

Oh and welcome to the board

I use a Blackjack "black" buffer, works great.

Steve

I have a Buffertech AK model buffer. Doesnt fit the Saiga 12. Its too short to block the bolt carrier. I called them and they tried it on their Saiga 12. They said sorry, wont fit. If you look at the FAQ section under " Cut recoil in half" you will see the buffer installed and it does not extend far enough into the receiver. The Blackjack buffer looks a lot longer and I will be ordering some from them.

I have a Buffertech AK model buffer. Doesnt fit the Saiga 12. Its too short to block the bolt carrier. I called them and they tried it on their Saiga 12. They said sorry, wont fit. If you look at the FAQ section under " Cut recoil in half"  you will see the buffer installed and it does not extend far enough into the receiver. The Blackjack buffer looks a lot longer and I will be ordering some from them.

I'm not sure what you are talking about but picture a bunny with a pancake on his head.

This is the Buffertech AK buffer I have in mine and it works great.

I have a Blackjack in one of my other S-12s and it too works great.

I made the one in my AK out of hard rubber and it works just as good as the other two for a whole lot less money. (free)

post-1293-1127601145.jpg

post-1293-1127601161.jpg

post-1293-1127601175.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Thanks for the welcome--I decided to try one of each that I took off my AK's. The Buffertech is stout and Im not sure if it will be too stiff. The Blackjack off my 56 Im hoping will be just right. I know that this is off topic but I happened to notice Cobra that it looks like a Ace external reciever block on your one 12. Do you like it, and curious why you didnt go with the more flush look of the internal block?.--

Yes I like it alright. I probably would have gone the other route with the cut the tang block but it was already on the gun when I got it. Unlike some of the Ace folders I have seen, this one is straight in line with the barrel. I did put the Hogue grip on the saw PG and I like it much better now. :super:

Cobra 76 two: Thanks for posting those pictures. I took mine out and compared it. Mine is a little different and I think the recoil spring is higher than yours. When I installed the Bufferteck unit, it only extended maybe 1/8 inch into the receiver and the bolt carrier would have just broken it at that point. It also didnt fit the recoil spring guide and was at a forward angle. It would have to be at least 1/2 inch longer to stop the bolt carrier. It could be that some changes were made on the late models. Mine has a production date of DEC 04 according to the paperwork. The Blackjack unit looks longer.