KREBS GHOST RING SIGHTS

Stick a flat head screwdriver between the lower halves of the sight and twist it to give you a little clearance from the barrel when putting it on--no scratches.

+1 ,That is just what I did, putting it on and taking it off.

X3 have'em & no scratches... Again, its an AK, scratches are OK.

We'll see if you say that when you get yours back from TAC47. bad_smile.gif

FWIW, i have Dinzag's FSB and bayonet lug on mine and they are both a snug fit. No scratches on mine specifically from them being installed. But then again, i am from the camp that says "it's an AK and scratches add character" and my S12 is scarred up, just like my bitches.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Yeah I knows an AK but it its also metal and bare metal rusts....

Fair enough, though I have to say.....I've had my bolt carrier's finish removed to the bare metal for a few years now, and it hasn't rusted yet. Not sure what kind of metal the Russians use, but I suspect it's resistant to rust. Chome moly maybe?

The Kreb's Front site did scratch my 12ga, but that's cuz I put it on and turned it around the barrel as I tried to get it into place... All my fault.

That being said, it's still my favorite iron-site for these shotguns.

Edited by SN13
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is about the front sight, but I'm conflicted. Several people say to drift the new ghost ring in from left-to-right, and others say right-to-left. Mine seems like it might go in easier if I start from the ejection port side and tap right-to-left, but I don't want to start swingin a hammer till I have a better answer. Anyone have some insight?

edited for spelling

Edited by Goose