Cop Mistakes Son as Intruder and Shoots Him

Smells fishy. There are definitely more details needed, but if it was during the day it's definitely fishy. A father and son in a hotel room is the first thing. Second you need a key to get in, so obviously the person who came in had a key so that means its either an employee or his son, and third, why would a trained cop panic and shoot first and ask questions later?

Just saying it smells fishy and maybe could have been premeditated

• Like 3

I've been given a room number and key more than once to a room already occupied. Good thing this idiot wasn't inside when I opened the door.

That happened to me once too. I've always knocked first after that deal.

• Like 1

I've been given a room number and key more than once to a room already occupied. Good thing this idiot wasn't inside when I opened the door.

That happened to me once too. I've always knocked first after that deal.

Yea, and i've gotten confused after a few rounds at the bar, and tried to unlock the wrong door on the wrong floor...they all look the same after 8 beers!

• Like 1

1. Just because someone is a LEO, does not mean they are proficient with firearms. Boils down to individual attitude and individual nature.

2. Just because someone has received training, does not mean the training is retained. Boils down to - the same as before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU

His training is most likely why his son is dead. "Come home alive" "be aggressive" "react first".

Somewhere "Identify the target, and know where your round is going and WHAT the round will be going IN" Had he done that the round would not be in his son.