m203 launcher (for fireworks) would you?

I've seen a few go for $200-250 at gun shows, kind of beat up, but I'm tempted

just have to find reasonable fireworks. I saw some of the fireworks and they were cool as heck.

I would just need to add furniture and all that.

I know it's crazy, but for some reason the lure of it is hard to resist.

RV85 go for similar and are 26.5mm so that sounds fair. I heard someone used their rv85 for fireworks. I plan to pop a flare off next year. Hopefully funds will permit ammo for it by then.

where legal mind you :)

• Like 1

That would be a 37mm. A M203 40mm would be a DD and a lot more then 200$ wink.png and for me the 37mm was cool for a bit but got old after the first box

yes sorry lol not a 40MM!

totally forgot about making sure I specified that

did you sell yours?

Syndicate,

there is a forum for 37 mm launchers and the loading of legal pyro rounds http://www.freewebs.com/grog/

in it you will find something that should scare the crap out of you (well it should ) and you will find superb how to load safely discs for sale,in our forum you will find lots of excellent information on how to reload 37 mm some 26.5 mm and 40 mm both legal "fireworks "rounds and strictly DD tax stamp ammo across all the platforms . These days you can make for far less than Box ammo and totally re usable both smokeless powder and Black Powder shells are available along with fillable projectile shells .

You feel the itch then learn about it before you blow money away on something you might not like .

Edited by belt fed frog
  • Like 1

Syndicate,

there is a forum for 37 mm launchers and the loading of legal pyro rounds http://www.freewebs....s.com/grog/ in it you will find something that should scare the crap out of you (well it should ) and you will find superb how to load safely discs for sale,in our forum you will find lots of excellent information on how to reload 37 mm some 26.5 mm and 40 mm both legal "fireworks "rounds and strictly DD tax stamp ammo across all the platforms . These days you can make for far less than Box ammo and totally re usable both smokeless powder and Black Powder shells are available along with fillable projectile shells .

You feel the itch then learn about it before you blow money away on something you might not like .

Bad link

Syndicate, I hang out there a bit and it's an education. Good for finding parts and supplies as well. Updated link:

http://grog101.forum...get=default.asp

I picked up a 7 inch barrel Cobray 37mm on an SKS forum a month or two ago for $200 and it's future home is going to on on a bullpup SKS. (heh, how's that for strange?)

Edited by The Deacon
  • Like 1

just take the in off the end of the link and it works. there is some scary stuff on that site. my favorite part is in the reloading basics 101 section where it say a grenade launcher may not be the best option for home defense. REALLY! HE MUST BE JOKING. i would have thought setting a grenade off in my house would be a great idea.... if i was retarded.

sorry for the sarcasm. now that that is out of the way i think using one of these for fireworks would be a lot of fun. like a lot of other people here , i really enjoy shooting off some mortars on the 4th of July so this is the next logical step. it has always got to be bigger and better every year!

Edited by rogers
  • Like 1

I love that I don't have to justify shit to you guys lol

I just registered, same name as here, so I don't know if you have pull for getting it pushed through? but ya

hook up a dude

Edited by Syndicate

Syndicate,

sorry about the bad link i do not know how the "in" was included in the link it was part of the text . Give Grog a few days and you should be good, post an intro in the correct section to start with when you are activated . It is a great bunch of folks who know how to keep you legal whether you are a signal launcher or a DD owner ,. There is one forbidden subject "Bird Bombs " or any explosive round ! Rounds with burst charges are legit as long as you stay under the Fed limit of propellant and burst charge weight combined total .

I own an original Cobray launcher but there are better ones available ,Spike`s Tactical ,Dutti & Bates and one vendor is coming out with a H&K 320 style launcher in the near future ,you are not bound by the under mount launchers ,a lot of guys like stand alone`s like my Fed Labs 201`s , S&W 276 ,LESCO Tru- Flite , Dutti & Bates and the CZ Brno RV-85 26.5 mm rifle launcher to name the most popular ones .

I wouldn't even attempt it. Ask my buddy who is missing his left hand and ATF is still thinking about charging him after a year later. It's kind of sad 8 years in the desert and not a scratch and comes home and blows his hand off.

huh?

the ATF did? The fireworks did? explain yourself. Or give me his number *shrugs*

listen guys, forget about the 37 or 40 mm grenade launcher attachments. they are watered down versions of the real thing.nobody wants an over-priced firework mod done to their gun. lets face it. we really want the explosive 40 mm grenade which will never be sold to the civilian populace. allow me to offer a substitute.got this one from an old book and i think you guys will like it. buy hollow aluminum arrow shafts from walmart, fill (you don't have to completely fill) with pyrex, screw in the primer from a shotgun shell(better damn well make sure no powder is in the threads before you do any screwing), and finally super glue a bb onto the primer. obviously you will need a bow to shoot it, or preferably a crossbow. hey, they even make upper receiver crossbows for AR-15 lowers. talk about a swiss army knife of guns. voila, you now have what you wanted all along, explosive rounds you can send down range. play responsibly.

• Like 1