Hand Guards for 2.25" shortened gas systems

I have just recently turned down the barrel on my S12 in order to move the gas block back 2.25". My only question now is what hand guard options are available now that I have completed this mod. I don't really care if it is a direct bolt on or modded hand guard to fit 2.25" block relocations. Pics would be great.

I plan on modifiying the inside of my Intrafuse in order to fit. I've also dabbled with the idea of finding a used gas block, cutting off the top half and pinning it back in place to attatch any handguard to it.

I have seen so many chopped stocks with rough or odd looking edges. May I ask how you got those pretty edges where the stock was cut, Evl? Seems I remember reading you can smooth the rough edge with a hot soldering iron. I have considered doing this myself, but I am unsure about matching the existing finish. Not trying to hijack, but I think it's pertinent.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen so many chopped stocks with rough or odd looking edges. May I ask how you got those pretty edges where the stock was cut, Evl? Seems I remember reading you can smooth the rough edge with a hot soldering iron. I have considered doing this myself, but I am unsure about matching the existing finish. Not trying to hijack, but I think it's pertinent.

Thanks!

I did it on a bench-top belt sander. Then I use a precision file to clean the very edge of it. 400 grit sandpaper to flatten it out. Overkill, I know, but every now and then someone sees it and appreciates it ;)

Craftsmenship knows no overkill, sir.

P.S.- I really like the step down effect you did there. My brain would have thought to slope it from the gas system to the bbl, and that would have just made it look funny. Kudos to you for thinking "boxie russian gun", it really did pay off