Vepr 12 922r Questions?

Please enlighten me whether doing the following mods will require compliance with 922r:

1. Adding a muzzle brake (US/Imported brakes)?

2. Adding/Replacing the stock with an Adjustable and/or Foldable stock (US/Imported parts)?

3. Using higher than the factory 5rds mag (US/Imported mags)?

Please address the answers with both US and Imported parts.

Yg

So far it doesn't look like there is a letter from ATF Tech branch defining Vepr 12 parts count.

There are a couple of different letters circulating with regard to Saiga 12 shotguns, but since Saiga's are not Veprs, the letters covering Saiga 12s are only useful to try to guess what the official ruling might be when it is forthcoming.

ATF Technology Branch may well have already issued a ruling in writing, but until that ruling has entered the public domain through publication, no one actually knows.

• Like 4

While we do not have a parts count, all of what you listed would be considered "evil features" that, as far we understand, would make that firearm unimportable and trigger 922r if it was assembled with those features. I think at this point its pretty clear that we need us compliance parts, we just arent clear how many we need. Or which part is the receiver. :D

While we do not have a parts count, all of what you listed would be considered "evil features" that, as far we understand, would make that firearm unimportable and trigger 922r if it was assembled with those features. I think at this point its pretty clear that we need us compliance parts, we just arent clear how many we need. Or which part is the receiver. biggrin.png

According to THE Study ... http://www.atf.gov/p...in-shotguns.pdf

It seems we will have to change out some parts or otherwise risk assembling an non-importable Shotgun.

I Just don't know what parts these would be.

Any Ideas, because I really like this !!!

Molot02.jpg

hopefully we will get lucky and the parts count will be 16 or less. then a us mag and trigger set would be all that is needed i think. i do kind of wonder though if Atlantic firearms knows something we don't on this since they are changing out their stocks to US made stocks and selling the pre-orders with a free hi cap sgm mag. maybe they expect it to be 14 or less countable parts?