Well after 8 long weeks, its finally here.

103_2095.jpg

103_2096.jpg

Here are some first impressions.

This paticular blade comes in at just under 20" long, and has the balance point just around 5" up the blade from the handle. It feels very natural in the hand and the ergonomics couldnt have been better for a blade this size, and balance is excellent for the weight/lenth ratio.

103_2097.jpg

It has a large finger choil wich I already like, and helps secure the weapon a tad bit more for more controlled, speedy blows. . It will also aid in using the blade for closer and tedious tasks if need be.

The leather wrapped handles are of aluminum, and filed smooth to the touch on the exposed portions. The leather is soft and gives enough to move as it has to in the hand, but not enough to where it will cause issues with seperating.

103_2100.jpg

But for me, the most impressive thing about this blade is the smoothness of the grinding. Not a single rough spot on the entire blade. Silky smooth all over.

103_2102.jpg

103_2104.jpg

103_2105.jpg

It looks to be a hollow grind, and came with a very nice edge on it already.

The sheath is a kydex sheath with gromets all over it for coming up with a carry method that totally customized. I havent decided on the best way to carry this thing yet, should I need to. The only downside to the sheath is that it does not come with a drainage hole for water and other elements do drain out. Not a deal breaker by any means, as thats an easy fix with a small drill bit.

The blade came coated with Tuff glide from the smell of things, and had tape keeping the blade safe from moisture during shipping. This steel will rust, as its 5160 spring steel. A great steel for larger blades. Keep a thin layer of oil between the blade and the air and all should be good as far as corrosion.

I just got it today, so I havent been able to chop shit with it as of yet, but plan to do so this weekend. I'll keep you guys posted on the results, and add it to this thread.

103_2098.jpg

Im already wanting another one! 027.gif

• Like 7

So Jealous! I have been eyeing either the Hellion or the Vakra for a while now. I have been noticing their turn around times keep extending everytime I log into their site. I need to jump on one soon before it turns into 12 weeks, I've just been having a hard time deciding between the 2 blades.

They are far from a machete that are mass produced and sold for 10 or 20 bucks, they are works of art that are functional as well. Congratulations on your purchase. I look forward to reading your chopping/cutting reviews!

Edited by russm4a3
  • Like 1

I buy my machete's off Walmart.com's site...

I've done that in the past as well, but I didnt have any luck with them and they always end up breaking on me. For a machete, I plan to pick up one of these, made by TOPS.

post-32793-0-51091600-1351293854_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Hero