Worst Person in the World – Man Fires Veteran for Being “Disabled Veteran”

Jonathan Moreno earns the title of “Worst Person in the World” today – and why do we bestow such an honor on this lucky individual? Moreno it seems, is being sued by a former employee at the New Life Fitness World gym in Lexington after he was fired by Moreno for being a Disabled Veteran.

wistv.com – Columbia, South Carolina |

JOHN_MORANO.jpg

A photo of Jonathan Moreno, who signed “Disabled Veteran” on the termition form firing disabled former Marine Jonathan Brown.

(image property of Lawsuit claims Marine fired for being 'disabled veteran' - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |)

The former employee, Jonathan Brown, was a Marine that suffered wounds in service to our nation, in Operation Iraqi Freedom, that left him with a disability to his vision.

The disability required him to go to the VA for treatment. It seems that Moreno felt that his needing to attend medical appointments just wasn’t working out, despite Brown making up the time he was missing, and fired him stating his being a disabled veteran as the reason.

To make matters worse, Brown has recently had to put his home up for sale as a result of his sudden loss of employment.

BROWN_HOUSE.jpg

Brown’s home was recently listed for sale after losing his job and being unable to gain new employment.

(image property of Lawsuit claims Marine fired for being 'disabled veteran' - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |)

Never before have I seen such a blatant assault against a veteran by someone who has done nothing but reap the freedom that veterans have paid for in blood.

This disrespectful little **** really makes my blood boil.

The owner of New Life Fitness claims that the reason for Brown’s firing is something other than what Moreno wrote, and apparently they are refuting that.

Refute this:

DISABLED_VETERAN.jpg

The reason for being fired clearly states “Disabled Veteran”.

You can read more about this story from here:

Lawsuit claims Marine fired for being 'disabled veteran' - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

Stolen Valor released a piece as well, you can check that out here:

New Life Fitness World Manager, Fired Marine From His Job For Being A Disabled Veteran | Guardian Of Valor

Disgusting, but I'm not surprised. I have little doubt that my service has actually hindered me from getting many interviews and in fact, in one interview, I was asked and I quote,"So, you aren't like all crazy from being over there are anything, are you?" I never got a call back but perhaps I'm better off in that case.

• Like 1

I would like to congratulate Mr Brown for his pending ownership of the New Life Fitness new gym. And thank him for his service, and sacrifice, though of course no words can make up what hes given to his country.

At last the d-bag gave Brown some recourse. Should be an open and shut case. Better than being let go for something made-up and having nothing to show for it.

• Like 1

New Life Fitness World is a corporation, the SC one is just a franchise. you can be sure this will be settled out of court. tis' better to have money now, then to have it drag out in the appeals court which could take a few years.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Jonathan Moreno, YOU ARE A DICKBAG. If you want, I'll say it to your face.

The Marine, Jonathan Brown, is far more of a man than you will EVER be! He put his LIFE on the line for YOU, and you won't show him the respect he deserves? Fuck You!

You deserve to be someone's bitch, if you aren't already, asshole.

Someone needs to photoshop this guy's pic and add a dickhead to his skull. It'd show the real Jonathan Moreno.

Here's an assortment of insults from a Marine Gunnery Sergeant for you. I'm not nearly as eloquent as he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQYVNev3Q4w

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

I haven't been fired but I've been over looked on jobs where I was even told I was the most qualified out of all that applied but because of the disability they went with another applicant. It was probably a safety/liability issue.

But this guy got fired for being disabled and having to go to VA apps......lawsuit?