308 vulcan mags

On the 223 board some one referanced the vulcan site, found these, they say that the gun is interchangeable with the galil so the mags should be too, has anyone tried these or the galil's on the 308 guns.

Would you mind sharing a link to that info? I don't see any mags on the Vulcan site, but I could just be blind. :eek:

Thanks

LOL, that website is a riot. Not just the Special-Forces Wannabe layout, but the military phrasing: "Stock, folding". LOL! I think I got over thinking that was all cool and "tactical" when I turned 13 and discovered girls.

Interestingly, they seem to be selling Saigas:

"How are these firearms made?

We start with brand new RUSSIAN rifles, made at the famous IZHMASH factory in Siberia. They feature stamped receivers, chrome lined barrels and chambers, and a tough matte finish. Vulcan Arms, Inc. modifies these rifles to comply with current regulations (922® et. al.)). This requires replacing the buttstock, pistol grip, hammer, trigger, disconnector, and gas piston. "

So, is $499 for a converted Saiga worth it?

I've never owned a vulcan product, but hearing that they are using Saigas rather than their own recievers makes them sound better than they sounded before.

I think Vulcan is getting BETTER... they still have a bad rap from when they were Hesse... but they seem to be trying to get their shit together...

My buddy has a AR-15 from vulcan and has NEVER had any problems with it, I have a .50 BMG made by Vulcan arms, and also... NO problems with it that I can attribute to manufacturing flaws or defects...

Some folks have bought the converted saigas and complained about spotty looking welds, or bad paint, or other less than perfect cosmetic things... But I think on the whole they were functionally fine... ( If I am wrong, here fellows, please set me straight...)

You are going to get what you pay for...

$1000.00 for a krebs custom... will be spot on perfect... as I would expect for a grand!

$500.00 for a converted $270.00 saiga ( approximate going rate currently, IF one can be found...) from somewhere else... I wouldnt expect it to be PERFECT either...

Figure accordingly... do you want a showpiece that you will pamper so as not to scratch it... or one that if it falls out of the tree into a mud bog you can just shake it out and keep blasting away with it without care?

:smoke:

I understand but some people don't, that expecting perfection from the company that makes the lowest price item is not unheard of but not to be expected either. The perfect example is century, they useally are the cheapest in the item but prefection is far from normal if the do any of the work on the item(wasr's, cetmes, fal's and g-3's) but useally the problems can be worked out in the end.

I think the issue with Hesse/Vulcan is that we can convert Saigas cheaper and better than they can. Krebs does stuff most of us can't and in the past has seemed best suited for those of us that have the hichest ratio of pickiness to our own abilities. Now that they're gearing to standardized production, we should see more uniform options at lower package prices than customized stuff.