Thinking about painting my Vepr

I'm trying to find a local duracoat place that doesn't take 2-7 months to have turn around. If there was a place that had a sign up waiting list and gave me a call to let me know, we are ready to coat, so drop it off, that would be cool.

The idea of having to just leave my gun somewhere for months at a time is stupid, if it's just going to sit and collect dust anyway why can't I just use/enjoy it? Seems logical to me *shrugs*

In a Russian Digi camo....

What you think? Looking into maybe Dura or Cerakote.

IMHO it's practically impossible to to using Ceracoat (paint on the gun must be "baked" with high temp), with Duracoat, why not, but to get good results you'll have to make a lot of you hand made stencils like on the following pic.

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

Detailed post about duracoating Vepr-12 is here and here.

• Like 1

I like the camo idea, but I've never been a fan of the digital patterns. To me pixelating the pattern seems unnecessary and counterproductive to the camouflage effect. But my opinion is mainly irrelevant here. If you like it, go for it. 032.gif

I'll tell you right now Chevy, DuraCoat is tits. I've shot more camo jobs than i can remember. BUT....... The most out standing thing I do remember....... On Nailbomb's 12....... Digi on rails fucken sucks to paint. Take your time, dont rush things, if it takes days to do, let it.