First 60 rounds...

I only had time time to shoot about 60 rounds. 50 target loads and 10 high brass #4.

First off I have to say the stock on this thing SUCKS! I will be replacing it. The low brass was fine but the high brass was very uncomfortable. I will be replacing it ASAP!

The trigger didnt seem that bad but I will replace it too for compliance and higher capacity mags.

I did have about 5 FTE, once on the first round of a mag and the others on the last. Not sure whats up here but the shells would get caught up in the action. I wonder if it can be due to not holding the rifle tight( I did let it fly a few times when I didnt seem to be holding it very firm on the shoulder and a couple FTE were at that point) or maybe the spring is just a little tight? Any ideas from some of you guys that know these rifles better?

Overall I was very happy with the rifle, I just hope the FTE isnt a persistent problem. I will see.

I will shoot it some more Friday and Saturday I hope to put a few hundred through it this weekend.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

Same with mine. Only got to shoot 8 rounds, 5 by my buddy, 5th got caught up, I did the last three, last one also got caught up. buddy had to get home shortly after so that was it. :( more testing as soon as Fkn usps brings my package.

shot today with about 30 rounds combo buck,slug and target. no fte or mag issues, was using the 5rd mag that came with the gun. forgot to put the poly choke on when i left for the range.

I had my poly choke on and let me tell you. I have a vented one and it gets filthy! it was a bitch to clean. I am a bit ocd though. I seemed to work fine, but I didnt have time to test any patterns.

Keep it tight in the shoulder homey, I know it's hard with that little wee man stock it shipped with............

So you think that may be a factor? I will pay attention next time I shoot and make sure I have a firm hold on it.

I just got back from shooting another 75 rounds. I tell you, its hard to hold it tight. That stock is hell on my shoulder. Until i get a new one im going to try and put some rubber on it.

I didnt have but two FTE. I tried holding it more snug and it seemed to work. I think it will be much better when I get a more comfortable stock.

I did have some trigger hang this time though. After about 10 rounds it went away. I think it might have just needed to smooth from wear a little. I will be replacing the trigger any way.

I ran through 100rds of bulk box with no malfunctions.. On the first and second mag I had one round eject and knock the rear sight straight up making it perpendicular with the shotgun, but it cycled just fine. It also happened once more on the second mag.

Anyone else have that happen to them? I have a video of it btw

I ran through 100rds of bulk box with no malfunctions.. On the first and second mag I had one round eject and knock the rear sight straight up making it perpendicular with the shotgun, but it cycled just fine. It also happened once more on the second mag.

Anyone else have that happen to them? I have a video of it btw

I did seem to have 2-3 shells eject up and almost as if it was coming at my face. But It didnt bother me, i just kept on shootin.

• Like 1

I just got back from putting 100 #8 dove load through the VEPR. Zero FTE and one trigger hang, I tried to duplicate it again and it wouldnt do it. Maybe a fluke. I did a tiny bit of polishing to the hammer and stuff last night and I think it helped. I will polish it just a bit more for good measure.

So all in all today was much better. I plan on another 100 at least this weekend. Im thinking she just needs to be run like hell for a bit.

ETA: oh and I picked up a shoulder pad from academy today before shooting. That helped. This thing kicks like a mule and it helped a ton. Didnt feel like it was driving wooden spikes into my shoulder like before. I was really able to man handle it better. That wood stock is horrifying. I hope they start shipping them in with some other option.

Oh, and all the shells seemed to eject 2-3 feet out. The day before the high brass would eject 4-5 or more. It really kicks those high brass.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 1

Hi all,

We just ran one of the two vepr12s.

The 2nd one is "the one" with the rear sight issue, so we have not touched it.

That is another story.

So far this 1st run went well!

- 5rd Molot mags hold open.

- The Estate brand ammo 7-1/2 ran flawlessly in 2 boxes (50rds).

- 3" 00 buck and 1 oz. slugs ran perfect too.

An Orange Juice gallon was sadly vaporized.

Thank you for building this.

It is a favorite.

Only small spots of rust were on the inside of the receiver of the vepr12.

This seemed to be the only drawback of the whole pre-testing day.

We documented all we could.