Saiga 12 mag to VEPR 12 mag modding..can it happen?

Id like to bust this myth right here. And possibly add a "How To" sticky if it is possible.

Ive heard rumors on forums that it can be done to make the Saiga 12 mags fit the VEPR minus the LRBHO. The dealer I picked my saiga up from also was under the impression it could be done. But sadly wasnt up for donating a mag. lol

So can it be done? Has anyone/who has done it? How to do it?

And most of all, is it worth the trouble?

Whats the scoop. Lets find out.

Anyone willing to donate a mag to have it done by some one to see if it can be done? Id be willing to try but Id like to know the truth first.

Lets have it.

Edited by Chevyman097

If they are I will be buying a lot of the "keep shooting" mags. Last cyber Monday they had them on sale for 5 bucks!

Maybe I'll print out a new follower that works with the LRBHO?

I would by a Magazine Modifier Kit today if one where available!

Kit should include;

Milling jig for dremel &/or drill press - with instructions! LOL

5 -US made LRBHO Followers (addl available with your order)

Id like to bust this myth right here. And possibly add a "How To" sticky if it is possible.

Ive heard rumors on forums that it can be done to make the Saiga 12 mags fit the VEPR minus the LRBHO. The dealer I picked my saiga up from also was under the impression it could be done. But sadly wasnt up for donating a mag. lol

Anyone willing to donate a mag to have it done by some one to see if it can be done? Id be willing to try but Id like to know the truth first.

Lets have it.

is this what your talking about? 030 saiga magwell mags fitting in the vepr?

photo-5.jpg

mine locked right in. no modification at all.

Lets have it.

is this what your talking about? 030 saiga magwell mags fitting in the vepr?

mine locked right in. no modification at all.

No, im talking regular Saiga 12 mags. But I supposed im up for hearing anything good about the Magwell mags too. What kind of modding to those require?

Here is how to do it...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/76816-iz-433-magwell-and-magazine-fitting/

The LRBHO will not function, but you can make the standard Saiga S12 "rock and lock" magazines work and feed in the mag-well Vepr 12.

So has anyone done this yet ... with their New Vepr?

He mentions comparing it to factory mags from Legion, and someone mentioned the Russians use Saiga mags that have been modified in their Molots. So I would think it would work! I would think it would be worth a try on a "keep shooting" mag and see.

Edited by 7.62m43

Here is how to do it...

http://forum.saiga-1...gazine-fitting/

The LRBHO will not function, but you can make the standard Saiga S12 "rock and lock" magazines work and feed in the mag-well Vepr 12.

I guess I am putz, but I'll pay a little more to have the LRBHO function correctly as well as not sitting at the bench all day trying to make something work half assed.

if i recall, the original magazine for the first magwell guns was modded rock and locks. then izhmash made some dedicated mags and molot followed some time later.

they will all work.

I modded an AGP mag today, im not one hundred percent happy with it, but it definitely locks up and feeds. I did that in a short amount of time with nothing more than a rasp, just to see how it worked. No major concerns.

• 1 month later...

post-20217-0-02112700-1357023079_thumb.jpg

Modded one AGP today, so the follower rides to the top of the magazine like a factory Vepr 5rd mag does.

post-20217-0-78833700-1357024831_thumb.jpg

I'm to the point where i think i can get away with bending the tip of the LRBHO beak, so the AGP follower will actuate it. It looks like its going to be feaseable....but i havent got the nerve to try bending it yet

I'll start a whole new thread with pics shortly.

Edited by Mullet Man