NEW Saiga Accessories  

63 members have voted

1. 1. If a Saiga R.I.S. Rail System was avaliable, would YOU be interested?

• Yes, Aluminum made ($300+)
    • Yes, Glass reinforced Plastic made ($150+)
    • NOPE, I dont care.

At Halo Manufacturing, we have decided to POSSIBLY maunufacture accessories that have not been avaliable. The first being a Full 4 rail system, similar in look to the "Arms SIR Mount" for the Ar-15. Currently this design is ready to manufacture in 12ga.

Either a glass filled nylon or aluminum. Plastic being cheaper, but metal being stronger and more expensive to produce. The current design features a adjustable ghost ring sights. Photo's avaliable soon.

We also currently have a design for high cap drum mag. That may be produced in the future.

Bassically we wanted to find out what you guys thought prior to production.

You can see Halo's current products at "halomfg.com"

Thanks!

Edited by briansguns

I applaud the effort, though I wonder how many will pay the money for a high end rail system.

FWIW I voted plastic simply because the weight of SIR system is detrimental to handling, espesially on heavier barreled rifles.

For the S12 however, the more weight you get on it, the less recoil and faster follow-up shot, especially if you can use the weight at the front of the barrel and have a practical application for it (as opposed to just adding extra weight). However, while I imagine $300 to be a fair price, I have to agree that few would spend nearly the same amount on the rail-system as they did their gun. Thus, the plastic seems more tempting, and since others are voting for the lighter weight and lower price, I would have to put my support behind it.

I would KILL, or at the very least use harsh langauge, for a dedicated Saiga-12 rail system. One capable of true optic mounting is probably unnecessary on a shotgun, even with a laser sighting system. However, of paramount importance would be a metal-to-metal rail interface capable of supporting a vertical foregrip. For a front-heavy, bulky weapon like the S-12, a vertical foregrip does a lot for fast pointing and ergonomics. It's nearly crucial if you have clamped magazines and have to reach around one of them. Bolting a rail into the existing forearm just doesn't cut it. That arrangement will snap off the second a zombie grabs your gun.

In fact....how much for your prototype? That's how much I need a real rail handgaurd for my S12.

For the S12 however, the more weight you get on it, the less recoil and faster follow-up shot, especially if you can use the weight at the front of the barrel and have a practical application for it (as opposed to just adding extra weight). However, while I imagine $300 to be a fair price, I have to agree that few would spend nearly the same amount on the rail-system as they did their gun. Thus, the plastic seems more tempting, and since others are voting for the lighter weight and lower price, I would have to put my support behind it.

I would love to see bolt-on metal handguard retainers to fit standard AK handguards on all Saigas, especially the .308. A retainer is already on the market for the little rifles with the Frankenstein psuedo-Galil handguard, but the rest of us are stuck with ugly business like pressing off gasblocks or hacking old retainers. It isn't a high $ item like a quad rail, but it might be a good margin item with decent volume.

Falcon73

• 3 years later...

Guys stirring the turd. Four year old thread closed. Please keep it in your pants instead of stirring up shit. Recent irrelevant posts deleted.