Wolf Ammo, Barnaul Ammo, TulaAmmo, etc

I have heard a few (unsubstantiated) rumors to the effect that the commercial ammo coming in from Russia, et al is at least somewhat corrosive. .I've never personally seen any evidence of this, but figured that it would be worth checking with the assembled multitude here.

Thanks in advance

Old SF

Like as in partly corrosive? my gas tube on my .223 gets some very small amount of surface rust on bare metal worn by where it rides within roughly a day without cleaning? using Tulammo. could it be possible? But it could be temperature/humidity changes in my case however...

The real issue is the steel case - they do not expand like brass case to seal the chamber. So you get all this carbon crap in the chamber. If you load a brass cased round after firing a lot of steel case - the brass case will get stuck to all the carbon crap in the chamber after expanding due to firing.

It is not lacquer - that was the old stuff. As far as corrosive - you have to consider the cheap cost of the rounds and who makes it - quality might not be job #1.

• 3 weeks later...