Which Collapsible Stock?

Looking at a few different stocks and needed some real feedback from people who have used and installed these, also there may be better ones that I do not know about since I am new to the AK world and open to them too. Mine has been converted:

1) Tapco T6

2) Magpul MOE

3) Saiga Adj. Strikeforce Elite

I want the tan/dark earth look preferably so I may have limited my options, but all black is still an option since I will probably only do a little parts swapping at a time while still using it.

Looking for durable, easy install, and fairly light and want the tactical look.

Not sure on an AK platform, but I have a MOE on my AR that I am looking to change... a little too much 'wobble' when it's fully extended, and no sling attachment points without either spending a bit of money or making my own (which I am trying this week)

• Like 1

I have #3 got it shipped for about $72.00 shipped. Comes with ajustable cheekrest and buttpad. Not bad for the price. Way better than tapco for a few bucks more. I like mine so far. Being the mounting block is solid aluminum, and the tube aluminum also it is a little hefty compaired to a K-Var or wood AK stock.

Edited by rnemhrd

does it have to be collapsable? AK's look a little more better with side folding stocks.

I did like the MOE on my AR before I sold it.

It doesn't have to be I guess, but I have not really seen one that I like alot yet. Since I am new to the AK world, I have only seen what MAA and CSS has online.

I have #3 got it shipped for about $72.00 shipped. Comes with ajustable cheekrest and buttpad. Not bad for the price. Way better than tapco for a few bucks more. I like mine so far. Being the mounting block is solid aluminum, and the tube aluminum also it is a little hefty compaired to a K-Var or wood AK stock.

Out of those 3, I was leaning more towards this one somewhat.

The only thing that scared me was the note about not overtightening the screws, kind of made it sound like it could be stripped easy or would rattle some if you can't get it tight enough.

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-adjustable-strikeforce-elite-six-pos-stock-dark-earth-p-2996.html

I have the MOE stock and I love it. Its a bit more pricey than the others (around 140 for the buffer tube set up and stock), but It is solid as a rock. I have gone through a few different stocks on my saiga( T6, Kvar,ace skeleton), and this one is by far the most comfortable and functional I have used. I think its worth is for a few extra bucks.

Check carolinashooterssupply, thats where I got everything for my set up.

Edited by Boomsick42

I choose the Magpul CTR stock with the friction lock. I have the mil-spec version and it's solid and no wobble. In order to use MOE or CTR, you'll need a buffer tube. That ATI Strikeforce Elite looks good but I didn't like the look of the mounting point and I'm thinking the stock might be a bit lose. Still good value.

I choose the Magpul CTR stock with the friction lock. I have the mil-spec version and it's solid and no wobble. In order to use MOE or CTR, you'll need a buffer tube. That ATI Strikeforce Elite looks good but I didn't like the look of the mounting point and I'm thinking the stock might be a bit lose. Still good value.

I am a budget minded person, so I went with the cheaper MOE. For 25dollars more I could have gotten a friction lock and a couple sling mount points. I am very happy with my decision though, as I can use the a rear cut out for my sling attatchment and when shouldered in, there is absolutely no movement or wobble. Even though the CTR has those two extra things, the MOE is just as good. Edited by Boomsick42

I have or have had the following on my Saigas.

MagPul MOE & CTR, rock solid gear, amongst the top rated for strength and durability in destructive testing.

Have used with both VLTOR AK tube adapter and CAA AK tube.

I will be acquiring the new MagPul STR, as it is the strongest of the three and I really like the improved Cheek Rest.

VLTOR EMod, really like it, the cheek weld is the schit.

Excellent combined with VLTOR AK tube adapter.

One Con on the EMod was that it ranked low in strength/durability testing.

But if you're not planning on repeatedly slamming it butt first on the ground, breaking down doors or butt stroking helmeted adversaries... Don't worry about it.

Tapco T6, the Tapco was OK. Nothing special, it worked, thats about it.

While we're at it, collapsibles need tubes.

I've two that I really like, out of the four I've tried.

Read, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70745-reviewcomparison-of-vltor-caa-m4-style-collapsible-stocktube-adapters-for-aks/

I have or have had the following on my Saigas.

MagPul MOE & CTR, rock solid gear, amongst the top rated for strength and durability in destructive testing.

Have used with both VLTOR AK tube adapter and CAA AK tube.

I will be acquiring the new MagPul STR, as it is the strongest of the three and I really like the improved Cheek Rest.

VLTOR EMod, really like it, the cheek weld is the schit.

Excellent combined with VLTOR AK tube adapter.

One Con on the EMod was that it ranked low in strength/durability testing.

But if you're not planning on repeatedly slamming it butt first on the ground, breaking down doors or butt stroking helmeted adversaries... Don't worry about it.

Tapco T6, the Tapco was OK. Nothing special, it worked, thats about it.

While we're at it, collapsibles need tubes.

I've two that I really like, out of the four I've tried.

Read, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70745-reviewcomparison-of-vltor-caa-m4-style-collapsible-stocktube-adapters-for-aks/

That is a great review and thanks for mentioning tubes, I haven't even thought about them. I was thinking they were all pretty much the same, rookie mistake!

That is a great review and thanks for mentioning tubes, I haven't even thought about them. I was thinking they were all pretty much the same, rookie mistake!

Thank you. I hope my input and reviews help you to make an informed decision and save some money.

Out of those 3, I was leaning more towards this one somewhat.

The only thing that scared me was the note about not overtightening the screws, kind of made it sound like it could be stripped easy or would rattle some if you can't get it tight enough.

http://www.mississip...rth-p-2996.html

I think it's so you do not snap the screw. It does'nt need to be cranked on. If I did'nt have to pin my stock I would have spent more cash on something nicer like the setups in Chile's reviews, but pinning it makes it rock solid. Good ol' NY.At least no mag button. I so want to move, but the wife has a good job and kids like their high school Edited by rnemhrd