Well, it's taken a few years to piece it all together but it's pretty much done! Tonight I picked up 400 lbs of barbell plate for some dude off Craigslist for a song. That was the last big piece I needed. I have wanted this for over seven years. I had to convince the Mrs to tear out all the family room junk and make a full gym. I'm happier than a pig in shit!

In total we have a Octane Fitness Q37e elliptical, a Marcy bench/squat/chest fly/lat pull down machine, 2.5-50 lb dumbbell set, a Waterrower rowing machine, a Body Solid hip sled/hack squat machine, a Precor 956i commercial grade treadmill and a few other little do-dads. I wired in in wall speakers plus two medium box speakers, a sub woofer hooked up a smart TV.

A few photos...

4053cce140ec4c5c8cd75424709141ae.jpg

97f14457754b59ab00a98727d03e39e3.jpg

0435b8cb1723a5985c2496b28aee2968.jpg

I know, I need to hang one more large mirror and a couple posters to take up some of the blank wall space. Small stuff.

Time to get moving. :-)

• Like 3

Thats a lot comfier than my garage, though your missing a few things IMO are kinda critical.. DUMB BELLS, bench, and heavy bag!

2.5-50 lb dumbbell set on the homemade wooden rack (left side of top photo), bench in Marcy machine, and heavy bag at my bosses which I just need to go pick up ;-)

Edited by sunnybean

I've got a power rack out of a commercial gym and some 100 lb plates I'm trying to get rid of, where you located? Have a leg press too but I see you have one already.

Dang. I was hunting for 100# plates but could not find them used. I'm in MT...too far to drive. Lol.

I've got a power rack out of a commercial gym and some 100 lb plates I'm trying to get rid of, where you located? Have a leg press too but I see you have one already.

Dang. I was hunting for 100# plates but could not find them used. I'm in MT...too far to drive. Lol.

Yeah, that'd be too far. Actually I have a whole bunch of stuff, filled up 160 square feet in my finished garage. But a torn rotator cuff put me on the slow track. Never go up in 25lb increments when going for a one rep max in the bench press...glad I had a spotter.

What is that rowing machine, I haven't seen a wood one before? What are your thoughts on it?

It's a Waterrower. I love it. It has a very natural catch. The resistance is created by spinning two paddles through water in the transparent drum. It is very quite. The sound of the water is actually quiet relaxing. It can be stored vertically. So, it doesn't take up much space. The only ding I would give it is that you cannot change the resistance easily. You have to add or subtract water from the drum. It comes with a hand pump to aid with this.

93fa1e867d04e4795722f89e61e4a687.jpg

fecb3d8c71ede57a50d2816b97778cb8.jpg

Edited by sunnybean

What is that rowing machine, I haven't seen a wood one before? What are your thoughts on it?

It's a Waterrower. I love it. It has a very natural catch. The resistance is created by spinning two paddles through water in the transparent drum. It is very quite. The sound of the water is actually quiet relaxing. It can be stored vertically. So, it doesn't take up much space. The only ding I would give it is that you cannot change the resistance easily. You have to add or subtract water from the drum. It comes with a hand pump to aid with this.

93fa1e867d04e4795722f89e61e4a687.jpg

fecb3d8c71ede57a50d2816b97778cb8.jpg

Pretty cool, I'll have to look into that.

Personally the best thing I've found to keep me motivated in at home training is a competitive sport mine was Jiu Jitsu and MMA. But there are plenty others out there to appeal to myriad intreset.

I hear ya.

For me, it's not competitive sports but work. I need to keep up with... Wait, scratch that. I need to set the example for a bunch of twenty year olds. It gets harder every year. I have literally been doing this job since before some of these guys were born.

a2f3becc29dcb3d2b6ae8dc98f3da525.jpg

Edited by sunnybean
  • Like 1

Personally the best thing I've found to keep me motivated in at home training is a competitive sport mine was Jiu Jitsu and MMA. But there are plenty others out there to appeal to myriad intreset.

I hear ya.

For me, it's not competitive sports but work. I need to keep up with... Wait, scratch that. I need to set the example for a bunch of twenty year olds. It gets harder every year. I have literally been doing this job since before some of these guys were born.

a2f3becc29dcb3d2b6ae8dc98f3da525.jpg

You get paid to hike around and burn things?!! Man, did I pick the wrong line of work.

• Like 1