The world of 2030: U.S. declines; food, water may be scarce

Well Hopkins, you could just go and continue to bury your head in the sand and ignore whats going on around you.

I've long enough to see the same kind of BS doom and gloom that followed the Nixon and Carter administrations, about the economy. maybe for a young pup like you that wasn't even a twinkle in your daddy's eye this is all new to you and you see the world coming to a end.

enjoy this "end of the world" crap on the cracker and don't forget to ask for seconds.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Our dollar has been on the decline since the "Nixon shock". It will only get worse now that the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) nations that used to use the dollar for a reserve or trade currency are no longer opting to do so. Lets not forget about Japan either, as they have the 3rd largest economy. Dont be suprised when things go south when all this money thats still floating around in these nations makes its way back to our shores and things get out of hand. It very easily could.

I've long enough to see the same kind of BS doom and gloom that followed the Nixon and Carter administrations, about the economy. maybe for a young pup like you that wasn't even a twinkle in your daddy's eye this is all new to you and you see the world coming to a end.

Ooooh, he went there with the young pup reference!

slap.jpg

• Like 2

Normalcy bias

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalcy_bias

• Like 3

Normalcy bias

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Normalcy_bias

So, you're talking about global warming and climate change, then??

laugh.png

Mathew, I've seen the same and yes, little has come from it in the past. But that doesn't mean it wont happen in the future. Ever heard of "Prepareing for the Worst, Working for the Best."? (Sorry, I'm not a big fan of Hope, as Action accomplishes more.)

Preping has MANY advantages. Got a years supply of food? Makes loosing your job easier to deal with. Got 6 months worth of firewood? Trade half for something you want. Got water stored? Good thing since the utilities have been down for a week now.

You get the idea? Better to have and not need than to need and not have. The OP is not "Doom and Gloom" so much as a warning of what may happen in the future. If all goes as usual, we'll all be fine and nothing really changes. But that's not the way things have been going recently, now is it.

• Like 3

Normalcy bias

http://en.wikipedia....i/Normalcy_bias

laugh.png

???

I didn't see either of those terms mentioned in the Wiki article I quoted.

My point in posting the article was that some people will stare imminent disaster in the face (any type of disaster) and try to joke about it or deny it in any way they can. The situation is too painful and scary, so It's an escape from reality for them.

Anybody who is paying attention to national and world events can see that we are in for some very serious problems.

Whether you want to deny the situation and laugh it off, or prepare as best as possible for it is your choice.

God bless us all.

laugh.png

???

My point in posting the article was that some people will stare imminent disaster in the face (any type of disaster) and try to joke about it or deny it in any way they can. The situation is too painful and scary, so It's an escape from reality for them.

Anybody who is paying attention to national and world events can see that we are in for some very serious problems.

Whether you want to deny the situation and laugh it off, or prepare as best as possible for it is your choice.

God bless us all.

Nothing takes the steam out of a good prod when no one gets it.... sad.png

What I'm trying to say is that your claiming normalcy bias of those that don't believe in the impending global economic collapse can be used in the same context of those that don't believe in man-made global warming/climate change. It's supposed to be funny... because you've got both sides at the far ends of the isle raving mad about the end of the world according to their theory with the opposing side always refuting the other.

• Like 4

laugh.png

???

God bless us all.

Nothing takes the steam out of a good prod when no one gets it.... sad.png

What I'm trying to say is that your claiming normalcy bias of those that don't believe in the impending global economic collapse can be used in the same context of those that don't believe in man-made global warming/climate change. It's supposed to be funny... because you've got both sides at the far ends of the isle raving mad about the end of the world according to their theory with the opposing side always refuting the other.

Oh.

Well ok then. biggrin.png