dragunov stocked .223's for sale... NOT CONVERTS!

Check out these... SUPPOSEDLY imported this way from Izhmash....

I Like the NON-COnvert stocks on these... but DAMN... kinda pricey at $400.00....

Just thought I would share these with you folks... they DO look COOL!!!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976647399.htm

And this one too... One's got the short barrel one's got the longer barrel... a 20" .223... SWEET!!!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976647400.htm

:smoke:

Edited by IndyArms
  • 5 weeks later...

Not mercenaries, capitalists.

The short one is a 223, the long one a 7.62x39

The pictures dont looks like its a scam, I have not seen stocks like that anywhere, drag polymer type not like Choate or ATI, which would not fit a stock Saiga anyway.

The stock may well be worth $200 to someone who wants one configured that way.

Thats n0pt me though, I cant stand drag stocks. ;)

Edited by Onepoint

Well... now that ya made me GO BACK AND LOOK... I beg to differ... the short one probably is a .223... however the longer one, if ya look at the trigger, and the front sight's proximity to the muzzle... I would bet is a .308.

Regardless... I think they LOOK cool... but I also agree... too much loot for me... If I could pick up a stock like that for $45-$65 bucks... yeah, I probably would... not for $200 though... :eek:

I would have guessed 308, and suspect the guy is either mistaken or has the wrong picture, but I am just repeating what the listing saids. ;) After re reading it though, both that are for sale are 16". I either misread it, or he changed it, and you are not buying the rifles shown for one of the auctions.

Edited by Onepoint

hey dont get caught importing even drag WOOD. i asked an fbi guy overseas on duty. its not legal either. same as a metal part on that gun. sucks. sorry. just what I was told by people I trust.

whatever it is is fine.

Actually... that was kinda the original point... the stocks... I think they look cool as hell, for a NON CONVERT saiga!

yeah I understand that,,,, was just hoping we could find em somewhere to buy,,,,

:haha:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade (well, maybe a little :devil: ), but the BATF has plainly stated during the AWB that for AWB and, it follows, for PG or 922 purposes that a cohate stock = PG. Therefore, if you think you can put that on and not do any other 922 parts count stuff, you had better warm up to th idea of being bought by, and married to, Bubba for a carton of Marlboros in Club Fed. A cohate drag stock IS a PG in the minds of the almighty BATFE.

Besides every cohate I have ever put on an AK (two of them) has been, awkward AND HEAVY . Nothing is better than a PG for weight and handling--and looks IMO.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade (well, maybe a little ), but the BATF has plainly stated during the AWB that for AWB and, it follows, for PG or 922 purposes that a cohate stock = PG. Therefore, if you think you can put that on and not do any other 922 parts count stuff, you had better warm up to th idea of being bought by, and married to, Bubba for a carton of Marlboros in Club Fed. A cohate drag stock IS a PG in the minds of the almighty BATFE.

Besides every cohate I have ever put on an AK (two of them) has been, awkward AND HEAVY . Nothing is better than a PG for weight and handling--and looks IMO.

Ya know what I love?

I start a post with only the MEREST comment of "these look cool, as a NON convert stock"...

Not "hey these are legal... , or "we all need these" or even "these are better than anything else out there"

I dont think I even went so far as to comment that "WOW those must be awesome to shoot!" or "Holy fuck... these rifles with non converted stocks beat anthing out there!! "

No... I think it was merely " look at these... they look cool!" AND... " wow... a 20 inch .223" ( which after looking at for more than a mere 10 seconds... I realized was probably a .308 20" barrel)

Cause to tell ya what... I would *LOVE* to have a 20 inch S.223!!!

I NEVER Realized I was having a fucking parade... much less needing fair weather for it...

I dont think I ever recalled wondering if these needed to fit the 922R compliance in my original discourse...

Odd...

we go from

"These look cool"

to

"those suck, and if ya got em, you go to prison"

Wow...

Go figure....

:lolol: Nice Indy!

As we all know 922r compliance is at the top of the ATF list of terrorist offences. I even heard that if you put a PG on a Saiga without swapping the correct number of US parts, the government can see it through thier down looking satelight and send agents out to get you. I dont know why Indy would promote such a thing.....Disgraceful! Somebody get a rope!

Anyway, did you ever see the solid stocked wasr10 for sale at Dunhams for $299 and the plastic folder version for $399? Its a $40 stock!!!!! Cabela's sells the wasr folder version for $550.....lol. I know guys who buy the wasr solid stock version in single stack config. for $200 and convert to standard double stack and a folder......