Minkman uses a drill and dremel for the first time in his life

Yesterday my bolt on retainer came in the mail , and I was about to take it to the gunsmith but something told me to buy a dremel and power drill instead of continuing to pay gunsmiths for work that I can probably do....

You are empowered!

I've NEVER bought a specific tool for a specific job that I haven't used over and over again in the future for something else.

Nice work!

• Like 1

Awww, she gave you a love bite.Gotta love a rough woman. I was happy as hell when I did mine. Now I want to do the front blade sight and gas block so I can put a cleaning rod on mine. Looks great. Money saved DIY helped pay for the tools you will always have.

Edited by rnemhrd
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for the feedback ... I do work hard at all I do -- but cars & guns are the two things I was "too scared to mess up" !!

@AA yeah I'm a lucky strike smoker but I opted for the camels yesterday lol. And rnmuerd yeah she gave me a nasty love bite but hey -- gotta love her.

I'm taking back the dremel to Walmart to exchange it for the Multi speed model (I discovered I am very good at polishing glock barrels so I plan on making a little extra money advertising locally) ..

I am still a little on the fence about the bullet guide install -- can I use the dremel to drill the hole ? I didn't have a problem drilling the stock , but the polymer is more forgiving then my receiver :( I saw the CSS video online and am deciding the best way to go about it.

When I get my phantom flash hider in the mail I will possibly cut the fsb off (recommended on another forum). So it's just the bullet guide I'm weary of installing because I assume a mistake can ruin my Beyonce :(

PS:

I also installed my Christmas present by myself and saved $75 by doing so !!! (thank god as this sucker was already a steap $200 -- ) and I did this install in under 10mins , never thought this would he easy!

Installed.

post-44020-0-99162000-1356249746_thumb.jpg

post-44020-0-30467800-1356249869_thumb.jpg