"Did you contact your Reps today?" Roll Call

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sgt. RavenI started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going. I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has. I hav

Just got a response from my senators office:   Dear Mr. Scotheocelot, Thank you for taking the time to write me to express your opinion and concerns about the various gun control proposals. I am

Dear Sir, In the ongoing Gun Control debate I hope by now you have seen that those Americans who believe in the right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment are a force to be reckoned with in this cou

Posted Images

Here's one I am sending to my Reps.

The Honorable Senator

On April 19, 1775, the battles of Lexington and Concord on the outskirts of Boston ignited the conflict that led to the most momentous political event of man’s history – the Declaration of Independence and the birth of America.

In the early morning hours of that day, a command of British troops was dispatched from Boston to search out and confiscate stores of militia weapons and supplies at Concord.

On the way they confronted a small and unimposing band of armed American militia at Lexington. The British Major John Pitcairn shouted out, “Ye villains, ye Rebels, disperse; damn you, disperse! Lay down your arms!”

The American militia was under the command of Captain, John Parker; and their orders were to remain non-antagonistic to the British. They were outnumbered by almost ten to one. So why didn’t they lay down their arms when ordered to do so? “Because free men with a duty to keep and bear arms never willingly lay down their arms. And at Lexington, none of them did.” The heroic militia Captain John Parker warned his men, “if they mean to have a war let it begin here.”

These brave men pledged their Sacred honor, their fortunes and their lives to make us free. Your vote in the current and potential legislation on the right to keep and bear arms is critical in carrying on the freedoms these Patriots pledged to defend.

I have two children, a son and a daughter to whom I want to pass on the free United States that my parents and the generations before them passed on to me. I ask that you vote against any and all legislation that intends to take away any hint of our freedoms and rights. I ask you to stand our ground and if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Thank you.

Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx

The United States of America

The Great State of Georgia

• Like 1

All in today: here's my favorite Axe-to-grind's letter, Senator Tim Kaine.

Senator Kaine:
Please oppose all gun control issues. The second amendment is quite clear as to what you may or may not restrict, and semi-automatic weapons are clearly covered, by the criteria of unusual and dangerous, as already elucidated by the US Supreme Court decision, District of Columbia v. Heller (2008). I do not see how you can classify these weapons as unusual or dangerous per their criteria. I am willing to be enlightened, please do so if you see it another way.
With regard to the issue of universal background checks, such poses serious burden on the sale of inexpensive guns, as well as for gifts and inheritance forcing a tax on those who wish to transfer to receive an inheritance or gift. Also, the statistics quoted are based on a small sample size, taken BEFORE the laws requiring firearms dealer to perform a check. Therefore, there was already quite a lot of compliance. Third, there has NEVER been a case of a criminal buying a gun at a gun show to commit a crime. Fourth, it amounts to a registry, and time after time, registry has lead to confiscation, Canada, England, and Australia are examples of English law countries where this happened and/or is happening. In each case, the countries are in the process of reversing, or facing the largest protests ever to remove the restrictions. In these countries, for example, England, you find that it turns out that the most dangerous weapons are always being attacked as the cause of the problem, i.e., in England, now, it turns out you have to be 18 years old to buy a butter knife. Therefore, it is clearly nonsensical to continue to attack the weapons, rather than the causative agent, the criminal or mentally-ill person. I need not point to the other examples, like Germany during WWII to show you that it is a bad thing. In a time with many many documented incidents of our BATF going and photocopying every 4473 in the records of firearms dealers, at the same time having a recent history of going to war based on lies, holding people without due process, and killing people with nothing like due process, and at a time where the Patriot Act and NDAA has been passed, warrantless wiretapping and the government passing laws to forgive themselves for doing so prior to the laws allowing it, and a President who imprisons people, finds them innocent of crime, and refusing to release them, but instead creating a "new process" to supplant "due process", how do you even begin to imagine that it is a good idea to give more control to our executive branch? Its just a ridiculous idea and part of the further consolidation of power that has been going on ever since 1980 at the very least.
With regard to Magazines, the manufacture of these is simple enough that any metal worker would be able to build a magazine to fit any rifle. Therefore, it seems that all you would be doing is enabling the criminal element, rather than making anything safer. Moreover, even with a 7 round (I choose this in light of it being the smallest restriction I know of currently being enforced), all that has to be done is to count rounds to determine when to change magazines. So, by limiting size, you are actually enabling the criminals/mentally-ill persons to simply count rounds, which is easier to do with less rounds. The counter argument is someone might have a chance to rush the criminal/mentally-ill person, but such is hand-waiving. The shooters in these instances needing to change magazines use venues that provide a buffer (e.g., the movie theatre in Aurora). Even in Newtown, CT, it seems to me that if an AR-15 was used, it was again an easy task, as most of the students would be running from the lunatic, rather than rushing him. That is why these guys choose gun-free zones, there is no opposition, and they have a buffer area to protect them if there might be people willing to rush the shooter. These lunatics are not dumb, they are just mentally-ill people.
Moreover, the restrictions would have a much larger affect on law-abiding, good, citizens, than any benefit that could be made. As we know, our violent crime rate is going down over the years, and continues to do so, but at no point, in any country's historic statistics has any gun restriction shown any change in the violent crime rate. The truth is, and I do believe you know this, these laws will do nothing significant to reduce violent crime, or gun death in particular. Even Vice President Biden has admitted such. How anyone in good conscience can go to bed knowing they are expending so much energy supporting laws they are know are useless, and harm so many of their constituents is beyond me. I may not be a politician, but I am a scholar, an honest man, a scientist, a student of law, and, above all, an active citizen. I believe we speak from the same mind. How do you, however, as a progressive liberal put the freedom and well being of your constituents on the chopping block to enact a bill that will not achieve its goal, and only, therefore, logically, as the reason for its passage being one of subjugation of the people of the only country ever to provide the right of the people to control its government, and even throw it out should it fail (while explicitly going against the spirit of the laws therein, but playing "lawyer" and avoiding the all-understood spirit underlying the law at the same time)? I do not think I could ever sleep at night were I to throw out such a great experiment. I hope that you can find the truth here, and reverse your decision to trample on our preexisting right to bear arms.
Again, as I have stated in other letters, I am willing to listen to argument otherwise, but I do not see any fault in my argument.
I am left wondering about the future of the country. Benjamin Franklin once said that he thought the picture of the sun on the wall of the legislature was a "rising" sun. I wonder, will you be saying it is now a "setting" sun? Do you honestly care? It takes a weak man to accept moneys from companies under Citizens United, it takes a weaker one to ignore the citizen's you are meant to represent, and it takes the weakest of all to ignore the Constitution, and do as you are told as freshman Senator. You should instead show your strength of conviction and support your constituents. I am fairly certain you have heard much more about voting against these bills, than you have heard to vote for them. Please, stand up for us and be strong. Doing the right, and best thing is always harder, but it is always the most beneficial in the long run.
Please, please, change your mind and vote against all these laws.
Sincerely,
Edited by Remek
  • Like 1

All in again. My favorite target to attack received this letter:

Senator Kaine:
I would like to ask that you oppose any infringements on our second amendment of the bill of rights.
I know, you have already stated quite clearly you don't care what anyone says, you are going to work to force any restriction upon us that you can find. I would propose that not only is this unreasonable, and dictating to your constituents, but it is also completely morally wrong.
As you know, your own Richmond legislation to remove people to the federal court system when crimes are committed with a gun, are touted by you as successful. I ask, if you spearheaded this lead to lower crime, why is it that your reduction in crime was lower than that of other cities in Virginia, where no such law was made? Also, why hasn't it been successful in Philadelphia, PA, or Camden, NJ? The best test of cause-and-effect relationships is clearly repeat performance in different situations. Next, it certainly was not success, by the measure of anyone who can reason. Criminals are by definition people who ignore the rules of society to achieve their ends. This is true regardless of the law. For example, if there is a law against committing a crime, the criminal still commits the crime, that is why they are a criminal. Now, if we make a more specific rule, say, having to do with any specific weapon used in a crime, the criminal, counter to what you may think, will still use that weapon when they break the first law. Honestly, I do not see how this is not understood. It relies on logic and requires nothing else to understand.
Now, having said that, you might ask, well, why did crime go down after I passed this law? Honestly, I do not know. Could it just be random? Could it be that because crime has been dropping for the last 100 years, and it just caught up to Richmond? Could it be because of concealed carry restrictions being lifted? Could it be because the criminals thought the previous illegal gun restrictions were sunsetted, and they'd have to fight good people with scary looking weapons? I just don't know, because I am not omnipotent. However, the truth that the same law has been ineffective when repeated in Philadelphia and Camden, stands as a testament that it was ineffective.
What I do know, however, is common sense. I know the common sense that removing concealed carry restrictions in the state of Virginia has reduced crime, its also worked in Florida, Arizona, and every single state that has removed these restrictions. Also, increased gun ownership has correlated to the same result each time. When gun ownership has gone up, crime has gone down. These are shown repeatedly, not in one random circumstance, and therefore, these are much more logical measures to reduce crime. Perhaps these are the reasons crime was reduced in Richmond?
It seems to me common sense comes down to four basic principles: (i) criminals ignore laws; (ii) criminals are predators, and like wild predators, they do not wish to attack those who are capable of self-defense; (iii) crime is deviant behavior, not an object; and (iv) the second amendment prohibits infringement. Given this, it can, respectively, be said: (i) criminals will not follow any law you pass; (ii) criminals will be given free license to attack lesser-armed people when you take the guns away from the law-abiding people; (iii) even if you took guns away from criminals, they'd simply use different tools, like knives and hammers, much like similar attacks on schools in China and Japan; and (iv) any law you may enact is illegal and simply making victims of good citizens, rather than being a good law to effectively reduce crime.
I hope you will consider this carefully, and instead of simply "keep[ing] my views in mind", you will carefully consider what I have said and oppose the various gun control bills proposed.
Sincerely,
  • Like 1

here's my other letter, per my "pro" gun senator:

Senator Warner:
Please oppose all the restrictions on firearms being proposed.
As you know, these restrictions are nonsensical (e.g., the Feinstein bill), they are illegal (e.g., the finding by the U.S. Supreme Court that those weapons not covered by the second amendment must meet the criteria of "unusual and dangerous" (not unusual or dangerous), and they provide a constructive registry, on top of a new tax on inheritance, gifts and any arms transfer (e.g., the universal background check).
Therefore, for these reasons, as well as many more, I urge you to oppose these constitutionally invalid laws.
Instead, please focus on providing security in our schools, reducing the desensitization and brutilization provided by modern games and movies (which are the major step in training people to be able to kill other people), and focus on forcing reporting of mental illness into the NICS database to reduce the number of people who get hold of legal guns and should not have them.
Thank you,
  • Like 1

All in again, heres my letter to kaine

Senator Kaine:
To get myself on record, I want it known that I wish you to oppose all gun control measures.
I want you to oppose all:
1. Gun ban bills being proposed;
2. All magazine capacity restrictions proposed;
3. Universal background checks until they are made anonymous and areto be performed on the internet for a de minimus price;
4. Any United Nations Small Arms Treaty; and
5. Any other bill that provides any restrictions on firearms.
I also want you to propose or support legislation that provides for security in schools, and legislation that forces all mentally-ill people who would be unsafe to allow a firearm to be reported to the present NICS check system.
Sincerely,
  • Like 2

Wrote everyone again.

Heres a sample

Senator Warner:
I am a little distressed to have recently read that you are considering restrictions on magazine size and universal background checks.
I want to get it on the record, I am against these, it is wrong in each case. There is no rhyme or reason to arrive any specific number for a magazine, and the background checks provide a registry for confiscation. We know that the courts have decided "unusual and dangerous" is the criteria for non protected subject matter. 30 round magazines are in common use, and so are 100 round magazines. Nothing makes the round more dangerous, and to be honest, even at 5 rounds, a person can reload the magazine at the time the last round is charged. The thought therefore, that will work, is an illusion, but seems to be only completely understood by those familiar with guns. Please educate your self on the subject, I am sure you will find the same result as I have found. Also, for the universal checks, we all know the ATF has already started copying 4473 forms from FFL dealers, and is flagrantly ignoring the law. Please hold them accountable, and do not give them the teeth to know where every firearm is. It is simply not right.
We all know common sense is the application of principles directed to the problem being solved. The problem is not the gun, the magazine, or any of that. The problem is violent behavior, and gun type or magazine size will not change this. The violent person will simply use another tool. Given this, the only solution that is "common sense" is to provide security to our schools, because this works, regardless of the weapon used.
Please oppose all gun/related control issues.
Sincerely,
  • Like 1

(Sent via GOA web mail)

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62426926

February 20, 2013

Please cosign the Stockman-Broun letter which asks Speaker Boehner to keep
gun control from coming to the floor unless it's supported by a majority
of the Republican caucus -- 117 Republican representatives.

I am sick and tired of anti-gunners introducing legislation to ban most
guns or set up a national gun registry, but then seeing so-called
"pro-gun" legislators negotiate a "compromise victory" for gun control
advocates.

Of course, the "compromise victory" merely serves as a platform for the
next round of gun control demands.

I agree with Gun Owners of America that we have had enough of this,
already! I am sick and tired of seeing supposedly good congressmen parse
our survival with enemies who want to destroy us.

Gun control would do nothing to stop the shootings in Newtown, Aurora, and
Tucson. And I'm sick and tired of politicians who want to exploit these
tragedies for political gain.

The very liberal and anti-gun Ed Rendell -- the former Democrat Governor
of Pennsylvania -- summed it up pretty well when he said anti-gunners were
"lucky" Newtown was so horrific. If a conservative said this about an act
of terror, there would be a national uproar. But liberals say these things
with impunity.

I don't think we should be willing to give moral monstrosities like
Rendell a single word of anti-gun law.

And the way to stop it is to sign the Stockman-Broun letter, which would
petition the Speaker of the House to observe the Hastert Rule with respect
to anti-gun legislation. Under the Hastert Rule, no gun control could be
brought to the floor unless it was supported by a majority of the
Republican caucus -- 117 Republican representatives.

This would prevent MSNBC and the Obama administration from doing what it
has discussed incessantly: Forming an anti-gun coalition between House
Democrats and a handful of "blue state" Republicans, who would be picked
off, one by one.

The Republicans hold a majority in the House. They should be determining
the agenda, not the anti-gun Democrats!

Please sign the Stockman-Broun letter.
God Bless!

Most Respectfully,

• Like 1

please, call each of the senators below and tell them to vote NO on any gun ban...NO on any magazine ban...NO on criminalizing private firearm transfers...and NO on any gun registration scheme.

Sen. Max Baucus 202-224-2651 Sen. Mark Begich 202-224-3004 Sen. Susan Collins 202-224-2523 Sen. Joe Donnelly 202-224-4814 Sen. Kay Hagan 202-224-6342 Sen. Martin Heinrich 202-224-5521 Sen. Heidi Heitkamp 202-224-2043 Sen. Tim Johnson 202-224-5842 Sen. Tim Kaine 202-224-4024 Sen. Angus King 202-224-5344 Sen. Mary Landrieu 202-224-5824 Sen. Joe Manchin 202-224-3954 Sen. Claire McCaskill 202-224-6154 Sen. Mark Pryor 202-224-2353 Sen. Harry Reid 202-224-3542 Sen. Jeanne Shaheen 202-224-2841 Sen. Jon Tester 202-224-2644 Sen. Mark Udall 202-224-5941 Sen. Tom Udall 202-224-6621 Sen. Mark Warner 202-224-2023

Spread your calls out over several days if you need to.

And remember: It doesn't matter if you do not live in these senators' states - YOU NEED TO CALL THEM. After all, the votes they cast will affect you no matter where you live!

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to winning this battle. Now is not the time to let up! Call each of these 20 senators as soon as you can.

By working together, we can defeat the Obama gun ban agenda and save the Second Amendment!!!

• Like 1

Good one from Hornady:

http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/protect-your-rights

As a voter who believes in the U.S. Constitution, I am writing to express my views on gun control legislation currently being discussed in every level of government. I am one of over 100 million law-abiding American citizens who responsibly owns firearms for target shooting, hunting, personal and home defense, and collecting. I care deeply about the Second Amendment, and I am closely monitoring legislation that would restrict my right to keep and bear arms.

I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me, a lawful and responsible gun owner, are misguided and unwarranted. The so-called "Assault Weapons Ban," which for a decade restricted the sale of semiautomatic rifles and limited magazine capacity to ten rounds, did not reduce crime, according to a report by the U.S. Department of Justice. And since the expiration of the ban in 2004, violent crime has declined.
Your focus should be on real solutions to the problem of misuse of firearms, such as strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
Do NOT pass more gun or magazine laws; instead, work to enforce the thousands of gun laws already on the books and help step up prosecution of criminals who commit violence and misuse firearms.
  • Like 2

all in today, kept it simple. Sample to my favorite-to-dislike senator:

Senator Kaine:
I want to provide my opinion on gun control issues presently being discussed:
1. Please oppose a universal background check, and any law which provides for a real or constructive registry. We already know that the ATF has photocopied many of the 4473 forms already present at various FFL dealers, and it is clear that they are keeping records. This is an afront and will lead to confiscation, as has occurred throughout history.
2. Please oppose magazine restrictions. Switching magazines, counter to what has been said, anyone familiar with firearms can tell you it will not help the issue at hand, counter to what has been said. One need only to count rounds, which you only make easier by limiting the number of rounds, and switch magazines prior to firing the last round. This will reduce any time to change to virtually zero. Moreover, we know that the mentally ill who commit these attrocities choose ground where they know they will have time to change magazines, just look at the Aurora movie theatre. Moreover, to limit the 140 million law abiding gun owners just to attempt to slow a maniac is clearly against the second amendment. You do not punish the many (which are very great indeed here) just to stop a few. What you do is target the few. Mental illness reporting to the present system would help here, and also security in schools. It will not matter what magazine size is, they can always switch weapons, they are not gun-maniacs, they are maniacs, and will use whatever weapon they can, and as we have seen in Japan and China, this does not even require a firearm to do it, but instead, knives and hammers may be used. Mere common sense can tell you this.
3. Please oppose gun type restrictions. As we know, the artifical definition "assault weapon" was designed merely to scare people. The weapons are no different from any other weapon, they look scary. We hire people like you to NOT be swayed by such crap, and we expect you to identify it and not be swayed. Moreover, these weapons are in common use, and as such, under DC v. Heller, they are protected by the second amendment. Please read this decision, and you will find I am right. You are to protect the constitution, not punch holes through it, please do so.
Lastly, I would suggest you represent us, instead of dictating to us. Do not be scared because you are junior Senator, you have just as much vote as any other senator. Our state is clearly pro-second amendment. I do not know how you can vote for any of these bills and claim to be representing the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Please, represent us, instead of dictating to us.
Sincerely,
  • Like 1

To Representative Renee Ellmers (R-NC 2nd).

Please cosponsor H.R. 35, the Safe Schools Act of 2013.

Honorable Representative Ellmers,

Gun Owners of America is flying in Officer Rob Young to speak to the Congress on Monday, February 25. The symposium will take place in the Capitol Visitor Center, Room 268 (at 10 am).
Please attend this meeting.
Officer Young is a survivor of the Stockton, California, shooting in 1989. He was a child at the time and was injured in the attack. But rather than advocating failed gun control policies, he supports repealing gun free zones which turn good people into mandatory victims.
So I hope you (or someone from your staff who can brief you) will attend this important meeting on Monday. And, I hope that you will go the next step and cosponsor H.R. 35, the Safe Schools Act of 2013, which will repeal the gun-free zones that are currently preventing principals and teachers from protecting students.
GOA Executive Director Larry Pratt, who twice demolished CNN's Piers Morgan in heated debates recently, will address the crowd on Monday -- as will GOA's Vice Chairman Tim Macy.
I hope that you will attend and cosponsor H.R. 35. Please let me know what you intend to do.
  • Like 1

I wrote my gun rights organizations today. NRA, GOA, NRAA, PGR etc. With the below message

A Focused Effort

Hello,

I am writing to your organization in an effort to get more cooperation between gun rights groups. Just found out today about a 2-23 rally that may or may not happen. I will not be able to support this as one day notice is not enough time to plan.

I attended the rallies in Columbia, SC on Jan 19th and Feb.8th. The attendance could have been much higher with some preplanning and support from all of the gun rights groups.

The message that is being sent with these small rallies is playing into the hands of those who would portray us as a small bunch of gun nuts.

I would implore your organization to reach out to the others and plan a coordinated rally with plenty of time for people to make plans. The national organizations need to help the each state with planning, permits etc. Get everyone on the same page.

Please help each other to create a national rally that will send a message to everyone in the country that constitutional rights need to be protected. The more splintered we appear, the more likely our rights will disappear.

Sincerely,

While this may just get trashed and nothing will come of it. I felt the need to let them know they need to get together and help rally support with a unified voice. If I just wasted 30 minutes of my time, no biggie. At least I tried.

Edited for response from GOA:

Thank you for your email. In response to your suggestion about sponsoring a rally, we have found that the best bang for the buck is accomplished through our members -- constituents of elected officials -- directly lobbying their members of Congress on gun-related issues.

Rallies require a great deal of effort, and even when everything is done right, people frequently prefer to do something else than attend a rally. Quite often, the liberal media won’t cover the rally -- or will distort the numbers -- so that the “lobbying” effect is quite muted.

What we have found through trial and error is that gun owners are much more likely to send in a post card or an email -- and vote. And that does have an impact, as you can see by reviewing our most recent legislative lobbying reports at:

* gunowners.org/a08222012.htm
* gunowners.org/2011yearinreview.htm

NOTE: You can also see what we’ve accomplished with our members’ help over the past several years at gunowners.org/end-of-year-reports.htm

So, for the reasons stated above, we have shied away from sponsoring rallies. I hope you will understand.

You can view and update your inquiry here:

Jason Weiser
Gun Owners of America

That explains some things.

Edited by Dad2142Dad

^^^ Thanks, Dad. I was wondering about these issues.

For me: all in today, here's my favorite senator's letter:

Senator Kaine:
I think you know that the present legislation proposed to restrict firearms are constitutionally illegal. The mere proposal is illegal. I ask that you oppose these affronts to our guaranteed right to keep and bear arms, which "shall not be infringed". Specifically:
1. Oppose all proposed weapons weapons bans/restrictions;
2. Oppose all magazine size restrictions;
3. Oppose all ammunition type restrictions;
4. Oppose all universal background check requirements; and
5. Oppose all registration requirements.
Instead, I propose we a use a true common sense approach. Common sense is utilizing logic and facts to attack the problems. Such means going after the criminals and/or mentally ill who commit these crimes, not making the good people of this nation criminals by criminalizing their weapons/accessories. Common sense is providing protection to our schools, instead of making them gun-free kill zones for any maniac with a weapon, which is not limited to any particular firearm, or even to firearms, period (look to China and Japan for examples of hammers and knives used in similar killings).
Given this, I propose that you propose or support:
1. Armed security in our schools;
2. Better compliance and reporting of criminal and mental issues into our current NICS check system; and
3. Education programs about firearms and their responsible use/storage/transport, as well as awareness programs on who not to let possess a firearm.
With these true common sense solutions, I am sure that not only can we reduce school violence, but we would reduce all firearm related violence in general.
I remind you that the best estimates are that firearms stop ten times of the amounts of crimes per year versus crimes that caused by them. To fall back on sensationalism is not what we elected our officials to do, we elected them to do the right thing and represent us. Please do so.
Sincerely,
  • Like 2

Done. Painfully simple. Here's my favorite senator's letter:

Senator:
Please oppose all this gun/related restrictions and universal background checks.
Do what will work: security in our schools and better reporting to the current NICS system.
Represent us, do not dictate to us.
  • Like 1

Dear Congressman Rigell,

Thank you for representing the financial interest of Hampton Roads, I try to remain hopeful that it will turn out okay for all of us. I want to take a moment to address another issue with you briefly. I received a response from you a couple weeks ago in reference to gun control, and was not completely satisfied with your response. You made it clear that you intend to defend the second amendment of our constitution, however you stated that you support further background checks. Please note that the federal government is very lax in enforcement of current laws already on the books, just look at Chicago for example 500 murders and very few firearms convictions. I urge you to step back from supporting any further laws which will adversely affect law abiding citizens and their God given right to keep and bare arms. You have had my vote thus far, however that will most certainly change should you go over to the dark side.

Respectfully,

Xxxxxx Xxxxxx

Norfolk

• Like 1

^^^ Riggle riggling out of his commitment to us again? Call call call! I will give a ring tomorrow.

I went all in today. Here's my favorite senator's letter:

Senator:
I wish you to oppose all the gun control issues, e.g., universal background checks, magazine size bans, weapons-type bans, and differential treatment of gun crimes, etc.
I have spoken at length about my knowledge on these issues previously, which I think most would argue is quite extensive. I hope my information and logic have been checked by you to be sure I am correct on these issues. I will not review these issues in this letter.
Instead, I would stress the fact that gun owners are the most legally-aware group not fiscally sustained by government. I am continuously impressed with the legal awareness of those I meet at my gun club and elsewhere, as second-amendment supporters. Perhaps this is because these same people were caught off-guard during the illegal 1984 ban sponsored by Senator Feinstein. Whatever the reason, today's gun owners are supremely aware of the final reason for their guns in our society. They are also aware of the responsibility this same reason puts in their hands. From my talks and discussions with gun owners, these same gun owners are one-issue voters based on these reasons.
As President Clinton said “Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” and “A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things…” While I do not think he is correct on the hunting and fishing comments made in the same speech, I think he gets the essence: the issue is the most important, or one of the single most important issues to gun owners.
I highly suggest you keep this in mind, and represent the law-abiding gun owners of our society, and oppose the present illegal infringements on our right to keep and bear arms.
  • Like 1