"Did you contact your Reps today?" Roll Call

Now on unions monopoly...

----

http://www.righttoworkcommittee.org/rp_cardcheck.aspx?pid=sb23

Dear Concerned American,

After spending an estimated $1 BILLION to re-elect Barack Obama and mainatin control of the U.S. Senate, the union bosses expect PAYBACK.

And they're wasting no time demanding passage of the Card Check Forced Unionism Bill as payback.

If "Card Check" passes, it will strip workers of the secret ballot so union thugs can intimidate workers one-on-one -- or three-on-one -- into signing so-called "union authorization cards."

That's why it's vital you sign the petition below DEMANDING your Congressman and Senators OPPOSE Big Labor's Card Check Forced Unionism Bill. When you sign your ZIP CODE, your petitions will be directed to the appropriate Representative and Senators.

After signing the petition, I hope you will agree to contribute to the National Right to Work Committee to moblize more Americans to defeat Card Check Forced Unionism.

Constituent's Petition to:
My Representative & U.S. Senators

I am writing to encourage you to oppose the forced-unionism policies being pushed by Big Labor. Union officials are seeking to subject workers to intimidation and strip them of their rights, all in an effort to increase their own power and influence.

It is vital that you oppose any legislation that strips workers of their rights, or expands the forced-unionism power of Big Labor.

Whereas: The overwhelming majority of Americans believe it is just plain wrong to force workers to pay union dues; and
Whereas: The Card Check Forced Unionism Bill would do away with the secret ballot election and allow the union bosses to intimidate one-on-one a majority of workers into signing so-called “union authorization cards”; and
Whereas: The Police and Firefighter Monopoly Bargaining Bill would force all police officers and firefighters under union boss control and is just the first step towards forcing all public employees under Big Labor’s thumb; and
Whereas: Legislation repealing Section 14b of the Taft-Hartley Act would automatically wipe out all state Right to Work laws, forcing hundreds of thousands of American workers to join and pay dues to a union just to get or keep a job;
Therefore: In the interests of freedom, a healthy economy, and a productive job market, I urge you to oppose any effort to advance Big Labor’s forced-unionism agenda.

By submitting the information below, you authorize the National Right to Work Committee to deliver your petition to the Capitol Hill offices of your Congressman and Senators. First Name:* Last Name:* Email Address:* Zip:*

Edited by Sgt. Raven
  • Like 1
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sgt. RavenI started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my hat is tipped to all that have keep it going. I would like to give a big thanks to Sgt. Raven for keeping it going as long as it has. I hav

Just got a response from my senators office:   Dear Mr. Scotheocelot, Thank you for taking the time to write me to express your opinion and concerns about the various gun control proposals. I am

Dear Sir, In the ongoing Gun Control debate I hope by now you have seen that those Americans who believe in the right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment are a force to be reckoned with in this cou

Posted Images

Sign the "Stand with Rand" Petition

To both of your U.S. Senators

When Congress returns from recess on Monday, they are going to push through every big-government scheme they can including:

*** Internet Tax Mandate - The Senate is expected to vote immediately on the so-called "Marketplace Fairness Act," which will tax and regulate Internet businesses.

*** Immigration Reform - Politicians on both sides of the aisle have proposed immigration reform that doesn't sufficiently address border security.

*** Gun Control - President Obama and Harry Reid have made it very clear they will be pushing even harder for gun control in the coming weeks.

*** Debt Ceiling - President Obama is looking to force Congress to further raise the debt ceiling so he can spend even more money.

*** Tax Hikes - President Obama is looking to raise taxes YET AGAIN!

The coming weeks will be difficult.

Those trying to take away our rights only have to win once...

But for us to defend our rights, we must win every single time.

Rest assured, I will not stop fighting to protect our Constitutional rights from those who seek to destroy them.

But I can't succeed without your help.

So please sign your Stand with Rand petition TODAY.

P.S. I'm still on standby for Senator Hagan's reply to my harsh criticism of her pro-Obama stand on 2nd Amendment...

• Like 1

Gun Owners of America

Obama Administration Trying to

Grab Guns Through Executive Order

Tell HHS their new regs are crazy

“Gun Owners of America [has] spent the months since Newtown doing tremendous damage, insisting that expanded background checks will lead to a gun registry.” - New York Times, April 4, 2013

It’s quite a complement when the New York Times thinks that you are doing “tremendous damage.” But you can be sure that the other side is not going to go away quietly.

And sure enough, the Obama Administration is trying to unilaterally undo our recent victory in the Senate - and to undo the “damage” that all of us inflicted together.

But first, a little history.

Remember when Senators Pat Toomey, Joe Manchin and Chuck Schumer formed an unholy alliance during the recent gun battle on Capitol Hill? Remember how their amendment would have encouraged your psychiatrist to turn you in to the FBI's gun ban list?

And you remember how we stopped that provision, because over 40 senators found it to be odious and a violation of the Second Amendment?

Well, guess what? Barack Obama has just concluded that "he don't need no stinkin’ Senate."

Instead, Secretary Kathleen "ObamaCare" Sebelius - and her Department of Health and Human Services - has promulgated regulations which would, by executive fiat, waive all federal privacy laws and encourage you doctor to report you to the FBI.

Understand a couple of things: First, the standard which your doctor would use to turn you in is embodied in Clinton-era ATF language and in the anti-gun Veterans Disarmament Act of 2007. Specifically, you doctor would "drop a dime" on you if he suspected you were even a slight "danger to yourself of others" or were "unable to manage your financial affairs."

So if they say you can't balance your checkbook, then you lose your constitutional rights.

But there's another problem: The day these regulations become law, lawyers will be lining up to sue "deep-pocket" psychiatrists for every case where they failed to turn in a patient to NICS - if the patient subsequently engages in a horrific act.

The bottom line? Any psychiatrist who failed to report all of his patients to the NICS system risks losing everything if any of them engages in harmful conduct. Soon the rule of thumb will be: See a shrink; lose your guns.

And the regulations will apply to private, as well as government-employed psychiatrists.

The bad news is that 165,000 military veterans have already lost their gun rights because of the “see a VA shrink, lose your gun rights” precedent from the Clinton-Bush era.

Sadly, what happened to military veterans has now begun in the private sector - especially in places like New York, after they recently passed their misnamed SAFE Act.

According to gun rights reporter, Dan Roberts, firearms are now being confiscated from gun owners because of their mental health information. For example:

“[John Doe] received a letter from the Pistol Permit Department informing him that his license was immediately revoked upon information that he was seeing a therapist for anxiety and had been prescribed an anxiety drug. He was never suicidal, never violent, and has no criminal history.”

So now taking anxiety pills can result in one’s forfeiting their Second Amendment rights in New York!

This is where the gun haters want to push their agenda. And this is one reason why background checks are so dangerous - because they give government bureaucrats the opportunity to deny law-abiding people their constitutionally-protected rights.

But the good news is this: The HHS rulemaking is still at an early stage, and HHS is (no doubt reluctantly) taking the views of the general public.

ACTION: Go to the Federal Register - at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-04-23/pdf/2013-09602.pdf - and respond to the regs entitled “HIPAA Privacy Rule and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).”

Let the HHS know how you feel about waiving all federal privacy laws for people who seek counseling.

You may submit your comments at www.regulations.gov
Also, be sure to tell your congressmen that you oppose the “see a shrink, lose your guns” regs issued by the HHS. Ask him to issue his own comments as well.

The regs themselves lay out several ways that you may submit your opposition. The comment period ends on June 7, 2013.

facebook_share.png

• Like 1
Sign Petition and be automatically entered to win one of the three firearms!
NEW “No Gun Control, No Deals” Petition
To my U.S. Senators and Congressman
Whereas: Barack Obama is back for “Round Two,” doing everything in his power to pass ANY gun control bill; and
Whereas: By definition, criminals don’t obey laws and new gun control laws make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families; and
Whereas: The Second Amendment clearly states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”; and
Whereas: Second Amendment supporters like myself strongly oppose – and will be paying close attention to any Senator or Congressman who votes for – new unconstitutional gun control schemes; and
Therefore: As your constituent, I INSIST you OPPOSE ANY and ALL gun control legislation.

http://nagr.org/2013/un-gun-ban-june.aspx?pid=1b

Dear Supporter,

With Barack Obama set to sign the finalized U.N.’s “Small Arms Treaty” on June 3, it’s never been more important that you and I go all-out to stop Senate ratification!

That’s why it’s vital gun owners swamp U.S. Senate offices with millions of petitions AGAINST the UN Gun Ban.

Please sign your STOP the UN Gun Ban petition below and put yourself squarely on record AGAINST this international gun grab.

For freedom,

dwb_sig.png

Dudley Brown

Executive Vice President

National Association for Gun Rights

STOP the UN Gun Ban Petition
To my U.S. Senators
Whereas:

Barack Obama is set to sign U.S. ratification of the so-called “Small Arms Treaty” on June 3; and,

Whereas:

The so-called “Small Arms Treaty” – which is nothing more than a gun control scheme on a GLOBAL scale – is the gungrabbers’ ultimate prize; and,

Whereas:

The U.N. has finalized the details of their gun ban, setting the stage for a Senate showdown; and,

Whereas:

The ratification of this treaty would likely create an international gun registry, paving the way for a full-scale gun confiscation.

Therefore: I INSIST you vote AGAINST ratification of the U.N.’s “Small Arms Treaty.”

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62650086

Senators may resurrect defeated gun control after making cosmetic changes

"A source close to the Senate negotiations [says] that two senators who voted against the background check bill would vote for it after minor, superficial changes." - Lawrence O’Donnell on MSNBC, May 6, 2013

ACTION: Senators who voted pro-gun last month are under intense pressure - by Senate Democrats and Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s hit ads - to switch their votes. We need to keep applying the heat and let them know that gun owners are ready to help in any Senate campaign, no matter which state, to defeat ANY SENATOR who votes for gun control.

LEGISLATIVE UPDATE FROM WASHINGTON, DC. It’s not over yet. We can’t give up.

We won a dramatic victory last month. But the Left has not raised the white flag yet, and they are using out-of-state rabble rousers to harass Senators who voted against the Toomey-Schumer-Manchin national gun registry just a couple of weeks ago.

It is a national gun registry because the Obama administration is copying the names of gun purchasers from 4473's when it conducts its annual inspections of gun shops. If everyone has to have a 4473 when they buy a gun - even through most private sales - then everyone will be in the Obama administration's database.

Few things are more hypocritical than the spectacle of gun-grabbers whining that they don't support national gun registries -- just as they get off Air Force One on a trip from Hartford, Connecticut where they cheered the enactment of a state gun registry.

Gun owners can click here to read GOA’s analysis of why these PPP polls are fiction. These polls are nothing more than a ploy to sway weak-knee Senators into reversing their votes.

Some Senators are even beginning to wonder if they are going to be punished at the polls for voting pro-gun. And that’s why we need you right now to stay active and engaged in this fight.

CONTACT INFO: Contact your Senators, if possible, at 202-224-3121. Jam their phone lines. If it is not possible for you to call, then use the prewritten letter we have provided to e-mail them.

Tell them to vote against the expansion of background checks as they will allow for the registration of gun owners. And let them know that gun owners are ready to help in any Senate campaign, no matter which state, to defeat ANY SENATOR who votes for gun control.

^^^ done. I also sent letters to oppose the small arms treaty and all bills containing gun/related restrictions. Here's my favorite senator's letter:

Senator:
It has come to my attention that Senator Harry Reid plans to resubmit another bill to restrict arms/related item access.
I wish you to oppose such future consideration, and vote against any such bill proposed.
President Obama asked for a vote, and he received it already. Please do not keep reconsidering this until such time you as you beat enough people into submission that you get it. We know gun crimes have been drastically reduced, we know that this occurred even in light of increased gun ownership over the past few decades. We know that 60% of these gun deaths are actually suicides. We know that firearm crime committed by all rifles and shotguns is actually much less than what is committed by hammers and knives. It turns out that contrary to what is being pushed, we live in a VERY safe society. There is no reason for further consideration of these bills.
Please do not keep following this fruitless attack on the second amendment right of US citizens. It is ridiculous and founded in a fear-based campaign. When you act on fear, you always act wrong.
Please oppose any such bill containing gun/accessory restricting language that may come to light in the future.

Senator Joe Manchin Steps up his Campaign of Lies

Do not let your Senator fall for his superficial changes!

Recently, we alerted you to the intense pressure that pro-gun Senators are experiencing right now. You guys unleashed a torrent of grassroots activism in response, and we are starting to get great feedback as to where Senators currently stand.

Within the past 48 hours, we have seen clear evidence that West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin and his staff have openly lied about the status of talks with two Republican Senators.

Manchin is claiming that two Senators who originally opposed his background-registration check amendment would flip their votes if “superficial changes” were made to the text.

But at the request of Gun Owners of America, a prominent constituent spoke with his U.S. Senator in regard to the allegations that Manchin was making about that particular Senator. The constituent reported that his Senator called Manchin's representations a “lie.”

In a separate case, Manchin claimed to have been in talks with a particular Senate office; but three staffers who would have been part of those talks denied the truth of Manchin's public representations.

Since Manchin had earlier lied about the status of talks with Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn, a standard operating procedure is becoming clear: Manchin is obsessively lying in order to create a false sense of momentum.

Manchin is not the only Bloomberg puppet in the Senate. On Tuesday, California Senator Barbara Boxer filibustered an amendment that would extend firearm owners' protection in national parks to Army Corps of Engineer projects.

But, in a Senate where a senator's word has traditionally been regarded as sacred, the first-full-term West Virginia senator has shown a tremendous willingness to engage in open fraud in order to destroy the Second Amendment.

Manchin is now circulating a list of bribes he is trying to use to buy off Republican votes which GOA predicted would happen. Some of these bribes, like an amendment which would supposedly ameliorate the nasty implications of his amendment for rural states like Alaska, are merely superficial and ineffectual.

Others, like opening the NICS list to local police, are just massive violations of individual rights allowing many names to be inserted into the NICS system without due process.

ACTION: Contact your U.S. Senators. Warn them that, in violation of the Senate's most sacred traditions, West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin is engaging in fraud, lies, and bribes in order to advance gun control.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62654266

Sign the Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey right away.
http://www.nagr.org/UN_RP_Survey2013.aspx?pid=sb12b

Ultimately, UN bureaucrats will stop at nothing to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU.
So far, the gun-grabbers have successfully kept many of their schemes under wraps.

But looking at previous attempts by the UN to pass global gun control, you and I can get a good idea of what’s likely in the works.
UN-clicker-R.jpg

You can bet the UN is working to FORCE the U.S. to implement every single one of these anti-gun policies:
*** Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding Americans cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
*** CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL "unauthorized" civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
*** BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
*** Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.

We Demand the Truth
Please sign the petition below

http://www.rand-2016.com/IRS.aspx?pid=0515

"I encourage the American people to stand with me in demanding a thorough investigation and complete disclosure."

Whereas: The IRS has been intentionally targeting conservative organizations for political reasons; and
Whereas: President Obama has yet to hold any at the IRS accountable for any of their scandals during his tenure;
Whereas: Accountability is vital in preventing bureaucrats from committing inappropriate acts;
Therefore: I demand a thorough investigation and full disclosure of the IRS Scandal.

Boehner bailing out Obama?‏

The Washington, D.C. news source The Hill reported yesterday that “. . . Speaker Boehner is more involved in the behind-the-scenes wrangling of how to move a gun bill than the Ohio Republican has let on in public.

They also report that powerful Republican House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte of Virginia has had “. . . a lot of discussions with Speaker John Boehner on guns.”

This is exactly the type of “back-room” deal-cutting of your Second Amendment rights I’ve been warning you about for months.

And with my Capitol Hill legislative team reporting that there are dozens of House Republicans itching to support a gun control “compromise,” your grassroots action is needed TODAY.

That’s why in just a moment I’ll ask you to sign your EMERGENCY Fax Petition to Speaker Boehner, Judiciary Chairman Goodlatte and your Congressman.

They must hear your message loud and clear: “No Gun Control, No Deals.”

That’s why it’s absolutely vital you sign your EMERGENCY Fax Petition to Speaker Boehner, Judiciary Chairman Goodlatte and your Congressman IMMEDIATELY.

http://www.nagr.org/emergencyfax.aspx?pid=3a

EMERGENCY Fax Petition to:

Speaker John Boehner, Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, and My Congressman

Whereas: President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid are doing everything that they can to force gun registration down our throats; and Whereas: Republicans in the House have the power to single-handedly stop any anti-gun legislation; and Whereas: The Anti-Gun “Trafficking” ATF Witch Hunt Legislation would create a reign of terror while the Second Amendment supporters are nailed to the wall for simple mistakes; and Whereas: President Obama and Harry Reid are trying to create a NATIONAL GUN REGISTRY under the guise of “universal background checks”; and Therefore: I insist you not cut a “deal” for gun control, and instead work to defeat ANY and ALL schemes the gun-grabbers try to pass.

http://www.nagr.org/emergencyfax.aspx?pid=3a

• 2 weeks later...

GoaLogoEmail.png?host=filemanager.capwiz

Gun Owners of America

Fighting Toomey-Manchin Gun Registration

And exposing the lies of the Far Left

“According to conservative staffers [on Capitol Hill], Gun Owners of America was the most active outside group in early efforts to block all gun control efforts including Toomey-Manchin.” — The Examiner, April 28, 2013

Your GOA has been on the front lines, fighting for your rights.

While the news media has been focusing on several Obama Administration scandals in recent weeks — and rightfully so — don’t for a minute think that efforts to pass gun control in the Senate have died down.

They haven’t. The truth is that Representatives Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) are still at work — still trying to pull Senators over to their anti-gun side.

Sen. Toomey told the Philadelphia Inquirer recently that he is looking “to bring some more folks on board” — and that if successful, “then of course it would be worth bringing [gun control] up again.”

Both he and Manchin are still at it, trying to twist arms and coerce people over to his side.

Congress is just finishing up its Memorial Day break, so you are encouraged to resume contacting them now that they will soon be getting back to work. Let them know your approval (or disapproval) of their recent votes in the U.S. Senate.

To this end, GOA has just updated its website to give you the ammunition you need to hold your Senators accountable:

1) Senators’ grades, which include the gun control votes from April.

2) Senators’ votes on the recent gun control provisions.

NOTE: In regard to the Senate voting records, you can click on the title of each vote to read an explanation of each vote. And regarding the grades that are posted, you will note that the following Senators saw their grades drop as a result of their recent votes IN FAVOR of gun control:

Jeff Flake (R-AZ)

Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)

Johnny Isakson (R-GA)

Joe Donnelly (D-IN)

Roger Wicker (R-MS)

Dean Heller (R-NV)

Martin Heinrich (D-NM)

Richard Burr (R-NC)

Tom Coburn (R-OK)

Pat Toomey (R-PA)

Joe Manchin (D-WV)

Gun Owners of America has continued to expose the gun grabbers’ lies, and we have continued to lobby House and Senate offices in opposition to gun control.

Your continued support helps keep us in the fight.

And every new person you encourage to sign up for our free email alerts or for a GOA membership gives us a louder voice on Capital Hill.

As noted by the Examiner (above), your GOA was the most active group in blocking gun control. But that was only possible because of your loud voice backing us up.

As stated by Slate in April: “While [GOA’s] bank account is relatively paltry ... its members often get Tea Party loud, inundating lawmakers’ offices with calls.”

That’s a testimony to your hard work!

So please encourage your pro-gun friends and family to sign up for our alerts at: http://capwiz.com/gunowners/mlm/signup

ObamaGunBanner.jpg

Dear fellow patriot,

Barack Obama has announced that on June 3 he will sign a UN treaty banning guns and registering gun owners.

And he will twist the US Senate to approve it, just like he did with ObamaCare.

I just signed a letter to Obama warning him to not sign this UN gun grab.

They claim it only targets "arms dealers, " but it would also require nations to ban many popular types of personal firearms.

Not angry yet?

The text of the UN treaty requires nations to record and track all guns...

...and all "end users" of guns.

That means Obama's UN gun scheme would create a national registry of private gun owners.

Even worse, Obama would submit his list of gun owners to the UN's "international secretariat.”

The right to keep and bear arms is granted by God and protecting from government aggression by the Constitution. It is not subject to the whims of global totalitarians massed in New York City.

I will not back down.

We must not let Obama literally hand over our gun rights to the UN.

Please go here to chip in $10 or more to help me mount an aggressive campaign to defeat Obama's UN gun grab and turn over the names of all US gun owners to the UN's "international secretariat.”

Obama's last gun grab failed because we killed it in the House.

That's why Obama is signing a UN treaty -- it doesn't go through the House.

But that doesn't mean I won't fight to stop him.

Please stand with me by going here to chip in $10 or more today.

Warmest wishes,
SteveSignature.jpg
Congressman Steve Stockman

P.S. Next week Obama will sign a UN treaty banning guns and registering gun owners. Then he will twist the Democrat-controlled Senate to make it law, like he did with ObamaCare. His UN scheme would even turn over the names of all US gun owners to the UN's "international secretariat.”

By adopting a UN treaty to ban guns he can enact gun control without a vote of the Republican-controlled House. I won't let him succeed.

Please stand with me by going here chipping in $10 or more to stop Obama's UN scheme to ban guns and report gun owners to the UN.

ObamaGunBanner.jpg

Paid%20for%20by%20Friends%20of%20Congres

You Could Lose all your Guns before 2035 under the Amnesty Bill before the Senate.

Contact your Senators and urge them to vote against the anti-gun immigration amnesty bill.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62706436

...if the amnesty bill is passed, within 20 years, Washington could be as anti-gun as Albany, Hartford, and Sacramento.

This is because the bill will create at least 11,500,000 new citizens -- but probably closer to 20,000,000 -- and, if history is any guide, they will vote 71% of the time for far Left Democrats like Barack Obama.

...So if you add a net gain of almost 8.5 million Obama voters to the electorate, the same amnesty that turned California “blue” will probably turn the whole country anti-gun as well.

Already, the calls for gun confiscation in “blue” and “purple” states are growing louder and louder:
•New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said that “confiscation could be an option” after the Sandy Hook shooting;
•Likewise, an Iowa legislator said that we need to “start taking” guns from law-abiding gun owners;
•This year, legislation in both Minnesota and Missouri would have (if enacted) forced residents to cough up their high-capacity magazines and many of their semi-automatic firearms;
•And legislators in New Jersey were recently caught on an open microphone saying that “we needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate.”

By 2035, the battle will no longer be about stopping the expansion of background checks. Most likely, it will be about stopping the government from coming to take your guns away. And there is nothing we will be able to do about it.

ACTION: Contact your Senators and urge them to vote against the anti-gun immigration amnesty bill.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62706436

^^^ this one is the INSIDIOUS one. Its clear from this, if you read between the lines, that the real reason for amnesty is simply to put more voters in the democratic pocket.

All the more reason to get off your butt and at least fill out the GOA petition.

• Like 2

I have sent letters(the paper kind), emails, even phone calls....and I continue to do so, not just to my state but to the federal folks! So much so that I think they just ignore my email adress.

I will not give up, this will not end with me!

• Like 1

Spare 10 seconds of your time,
Please call 775-684-5670 and press “2.”
---

From Gun Owners of America

Encourage the Nevada Governor to Veto Gun Control!

Gov. Sandoval is sticking his finger in the wind,
trying to decide whether to issue veto

You don’t even have to live in Nevada.

But you should know that Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval ® is trying to decide whether he should sign or veto SB 221, a bill so extreme that the left-of-center United States Senate even voted down a version of it.
If he signs this Universal Background Check bill, it will have ramifications for you -- even if you don’t live in the Silver State.
So please call 775-684-5670 and press “2” -- to vote AGAINST the universal background check bill (SB 221).

You don’t have to live in the state. You don’t even have to give your name or address -- the entire process is automated and it will take you less than 13 seconds.T

here are many reasons why ALL gun owners from around the country should call.

For starters, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is generating his own calls into the Governor’s hotline, encouraging the Sandoval to sign the background (registration) bill.
Mayor “Big Gulp” has posted a video where he encourages people from around the country to cast their votes.
But YOUR VOTE could make the difference!
You may not live in Nevada. And so you may be thinking, “Why should I take action on an out-of-state bill?”
The reason is that what happens in Nevada wont’ stay in Nevada!

U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-NV) has been on the fence in regard to universal background checks. He voted right on a key vote back in April, but we had to put a LOT of pressure on him in the state to get him to do so.

Every vote count that the Left made public had Sen. Heller as a possible pick up for their side. And that’s why we need to keep Nevada from adopting a universal background check bill. If the Republican Governor signs this bill, it becomes much more likely that this U.S. Senator from Nevada will vote to strap the rest of the country with gun control.

So please call the Governor’s hotline number -- no matter where you live!

ACTION. Call 775-684-5670 and press “2” -- to vote AGAINST the universal background check bill (SB 221).

Again, you don’t have to live in the state. As noted above, you don’t even have to give your name or address -- the entire process is automated and it will take you less than 13 seconds. So no matter where you live, please make this call for the sake of freedom!

Also, please distribute this alert to EVERY PRO-GUN PERSON you know -- your family and friends, even your enemies -- as long as they are pro-gun! We need to flood this hotline with people pressing “2.”

BILL HIGHLIGHTS. There are a lot of problems with SB 221, but these are the key ones for Nevada residents:
* SB 221 would expand background checks -- and hence the framework for gun registration -- to most private gun sales. Even if you live hundreds of miles from a gun shop, if you want to transfer your gun to your next-door neighbor, you and he have to travel together to the gun shop (even if the buyer holds a concealed carry permit!).
* Under most circumstances, when you and your neighbor travel to the gun shop, he’s going to have to get a check with the FBI. Given that 8% of these checks result in “false denials” -- normally because his name is like someone else’s -- you’ll have to stick around the gun shop for three days. Most likely, your neighbor will effectively be denied the right to own a firearm.
* Even if you’re a purchaser with a CCW, the dealer has to make a 4473 on you -- and, increasingly, ATF is going around to gun shops and copying (a.k.a., registering) that information.
* If you go through the entire Brady Check procedure and it turns out the purchaser of your firearm -- unbeknownst to you (or the Brady System) -- is a marijuana user, you go to prison.

Bottom line: This is a horrible bill!

Spare 10 seconds of your time,

Please call 775-684-5670 and press “2.”

Well, its been a while. I contacted my senators and representative about (i) the restart of gun control proposed by Biden; (i) the immigration amnesty bill; and (iii) reigning in the trampling of our basic rights as citizens. Then I contacted my representative to push for impeachment for the trampling of our rights. All of these are emails.

Then, I put a letter in the mailbox to each of these guys, stating the same things.

And so for me...

Time to roll up the sleeves and get back into the fight!

---

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62739586

GoaLogoEmail.png?host=filemanager.capwizGun Owners of America
We're Winning on Guns and Amnesty
But we need to cut off Obama’s escape routes
“The reason President Obama's gun control proposals were killed [is] because hundreds of thousands of Americans began slamming the phone lines, and all of the Senators that were leaning towards supporting it suddenly said, ‘Holy cow, the folks back home don't like this.’ [There] is nothing more powerful than the conservative grassroots when we are engaged and letting our voice be heard.”
-- Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), June 19, 2013
Your grassroots efforts are making a world of difference on Capitol Hill. But we need to keep the pressure on if we are going to defeat the anti-gun amnesty bill.
We’ve asked you repeatedly to focus your attention on the Senate bill; today, we take a brief look at the House.
But first, here’s a brief update on White House efforts to resurrect gun control.
Biden’s plug goes virtually ignored by media
If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?
We’ll never know. Joe Biden’s Tuesday press conference to renew his push for gun control went almost completely unreported. The notable exception was an MSNBC report that the NSA scandal made gun control less likely than before.
The liberal media, instead, spent the last couple of days lamenting that “the air had been take out of the push for [the anti-gun immigration bill].”
What will Boehner do on anti-gun amnesty?
While pro-gun House members held an anti-amnesty press conference, your calls and e-mails to “swing” senators lowered the chances that key members of the Senate GOP might go for a do-nothing sell-out “compromise.”
As Senator Ted Cruz told Rush Limbaugh yesterday, “[There] is nothing more powerful than the conservative grassroots when we are engaged and letting our voice be heard.”
All the while, House Speaker John Boehner told reporters, to their horror, that he wouldn’t bring an anti-gun amnesty bill to the floor over the objections of a majority of House Republicans. According to anti-gun reporter Anne Kornblut of The Washington Post: “That’s a real tough one.”
And California Congressman Dana Rohrbacher predicted that Boehner would lose his job if he violated that pledge.
So have we won yet?
Boehner was asked by anti-gun reporters whether he might send a conservative immigration bill to a House-Senate conference –- and allow the conference to turn it into an anti-gun monstrosity. When asked whether he might rely on Democrats to pass an anti-gun conference report, Boehner replied: “We’ll see when we get there.”
So that’s today’s task: To make sure Boehner doesn’t use an anti-gun House-Senate conference to circumvent Republicans in the House.
ACTION: Click here to contact your Representative. Ask him to insure that no House-passed immigration bill be sent to conference with an anti-gun amnesty bill from the Senate.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62739586

Gun Owners of America

Harry Reid Buys Anti-gun Votes from his

"Secret Room"

This battle is ObamaCare II
“The most annoying thing is the phone calls.” - a Senior Senate Staffer commenting on the effectiveness of thousands of phone calls pouring into their offices (June 21, 2013)
URGENT ACTION: A key vote in the Senate will be occurring later today or tomorrow morning. Please call your Senators at 202-224-3121 to register your opinion, and if you live in a state with two anti-gun Senators, then use the contact list below to call Senators who are on the fence. Urge your pro-gun friends and family to do the same.

Points for calling your Senators:

1. Please vote no on the Hoeven amendment. Vote against cloture on the Hoeven amendment.

2. Even the liberal (and very partisan) Congressional Budget Office said that the underlying amnesty bill would have little impact on illegal immigration, reducing it by only 25%. This would be true -- even after building long fences, adding more border agents, and establishing an Orwellian E-Verify system for workers.

3. Given that all the Hoeven amendment would do is fund more of the same agents, fences, and e-verify that CBO just said wouldn't stop illegal immigration, you would be foolish to pass it without getting a new CBO estimate.

4. The one thing that Senator Chuck Schumer has consistently refused to do is to condition his 8,000,000 new (mostly anti-gun) voters on the proposition that the border will first be secured in a statistically demonstrable manner.

5. According to Breitbart, for all of the tens of billions of dollars of (non-offset) money Hoeven spends, it proceeds to newly make it lawful for illegal immigrants to PROSPECTIVELY overstay their visas and nevertheless get green cards under Gang of Eight amnesty provisions. Hence, it rewards illegals who PROSPECTIVELY violate our immigration laws, making it worse than the Gang of Eight draft.

6. Also according to Breitbart, Hoeven now contains a laundry-list of non-germane Cornhusker Kickback-style giveaways -- intended to buy votes in exactly the same way Reid did on ObamaCare. Hence, Hoeven has correctly been billed as ObamaCare 2.0.

7. Please vote against cloture on the Hoeven amendment!