non pistol grip saiga 12 conversion

Spent the last 2 days searching the interwebs for a conversion kit that does not include a pistol grip of any kind due to the fact I am in nj. I want to move the fcg foward so I can get that trigger I love that I have in my 223. But cant seem to find a conversion kit that maintains a rifle stock. Any suggestions?

Check these out, pretty much all ambidextrous:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/46657-saiga-12-conversion-compliance-for-ny/?p=430374

You need to understand what constitutes a pistol grip according to your state laws... some of these may or may not be considered pistol grips. Someone else from NJ can probably shine more light on this than I can.

What about a california AR pistol grip buttstock. You could move the control group forward and then your only evil feature would be the magazine. with a few mods something like this might work.

Here's a pic of a featureless AK grip.

Edited by tritium
links to forum non-vendors removed

That does look like it would be quite a reach to wrap your thumb around the back of the receiver though. Does NJ have any sepcifications on how far below the receiver you can go before it is considered illegal? Could you have something curved back more like the original stock but with a thumb hole. Or how about a thumb rest on the side of the gun just above the trigger?

Edited by misterT

This was for sale on another forum. I believe it was sold, but the guy answered some questions for me. Pretty slick I think. Not sure about the pistol grip under the reciever part. Only part of the grip is. Not sure they could call that a pistol grip due to the stock. and no thumhole. It's like a TC type stock. He made it permanent though. If the past owner sees this I hope you doe'nt get mad. I think others will agree I'ts a really nice job. Still a bit of a reach for short finger dudes.

Saiga12FDE07-1_zps4205e3f4.jpg

Saiga12FDE02-1_zps1483a807.jpg

Edited by rnemhrd
  • Like 1

Fugly, yes, but living here in NJ, there is little-else we can legally do.

I wanted to move the trigger group foward on my Saiga-12 like I did on my 7.62, but what to use for a stock?

My finger actually gets tired from pulling it 30-40 times in a row doing Knockdown Steel, damn that trigger is nasty!

That last pic was interesting. Maybe I can try adapting the "stock" stock for that purpose.

Fugly, yes, but living here in NJ, there is little-else we can legally do.

I wanted to move the trigger group foward on my Saiga-12 like I did on my 7.62, but what to use for a stock?

My finger actually gets tired from pulling it 30-40 times in a row doing Knockdown Steel, damn that trigger is nasty!