10 of the United States Code; or any other device which the

Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate finds is not

likely to be used as a weapon, or is an antique or is a

rifle which the owner intends to use solely for sporting

purposes."

Secretary in the above refers to the Secretary of the Treasury,

unless it says otherwise.

Edited by icarus

the 1934 National Fireams act. Or NFA. It more or less all started there. Then the 1968 Gun Control Act. In it the sporting purposes clause. The NRA's biggest fight right now is to have the sporting purposes clause removed from that law. the sporting purposes section is what has caused most of the problems for gun owners, and the one that many people feel is unconstitutional. The second Amendment was written by our founding fathers so that we would have the means to overthrow our government if it became a tyranny. To have the ability to protect our homes and our family's. To Protect our nation and allow us the right of self defense.

Edited by TacticalResponse

I hate to say thanks for kicking me in the nuts, but thanks. Great link other than the fact that my state has a big "N" in the LBDD column. Kind of suprised as for the most part it's a pretty firearms friendly state and passed CCW. :eek:

ps-sometimes it takes a good kick in the nuts, or shot to the head to wake me up. Always good to be educated, but I can be lazy when it comes to legal issues. A lot of it is dry reading. Atleast the link allows me to hit the areas that draw my interest and pour through the rest later.

Edited by 6500rpm
I hate to say thanks for kicking me in the nuts, but thanks. Great link other than the fact that my state has a big "N" in the LBDD column. Kind of suprised as for the most part it's a pretty firearms friendly state and passed CCW. :eek:

Didn't mean to "kick you in the nuts". I've been meaning to post that link for awhile, it is the most complete collection of regs I've seen.

the 1934 National Fireams act. Or NFA. It more or less all started there. Then the 1968 Gun Control Act. In it the sporting purposes clause. The NRA's biggest fight right now is to have the sporting purposes clause removed from that law. the sporting purposes section is what has caused most of the problems for gun owners, and the one that many people feel is unconstitutional. The second Amendment was written by our founding fathers so that we would have the means to overthrow our government if it became a tyranny. To have the ability to protect our homes and our family's. To Protect our nation and allow us the right of self defense.

The framers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were concerned about giving too much power to the government because they had seen from European history and knew also from human nature that tyranny will always occur. The solution which has turned out to be right, was to offset the power of the government by giving the power of the military to the people (as in "We The People") by arming them.

So arms in the hands of the people is the deterrent necessary to prevent tyranny in government. With that power in the hands of the people, the need to "overthrow" the government shouldn't be necessary. But then again, if that power is removed from the people... well you know the rest.

Governments will always act in a way to increase their power by reducing yours. The easiest way to reduce yours is through gun control. The same thing that happened to England and Australia recently would have happened here already had it not been for the 2nd Amendment. We are lucky.

well goddamn. I was about to chime in, but pedal2alloy apparantly realises he is being fucked by the government too! Im glad Im not the only one.

..the tree of liberty from time to time, must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

those are pretty powerful words for people that intended guns to be used for tastey animals and target practice, if you ask me.