Tromix Saved The Day for my S-12!

Congratulations!

Tony recently converted 4 Saiga 12s, a Saiga 410, and a Tromix short barrel shotgun with folding stock. The quality and workmanship were absolutely the best. The turnaround time was only a few weeks. I found his prices to be very reasonable, especially considering the quality of the work.

I admire those of you who have the time and skills to do the conversions yourself. Those of us who do not, I highly recommend Tony.

In order to recut the back of the receiver, I built a jig that bolts on and holds it at the correct angle while I press it against a big disc sander. Not real high tech, but it works great and that is all that counts. Then I TiG weld a plate on the back that has two 10-32 barrel nuts welded to the backside. The ACE stock will then bolt right on and it looks like a factory installation.

The HK sights and the forend picatinney rail are shot in with a laser. I put one laser in the bore and one on the picatinney rail. Then align the sights and the rail laser to both line up with the bore laser.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

The HK sites are off G3 rifles.

I normally just use the open notch on the rear sight drum, but I am sure you could drill out the peep sight apatures to make them more like a ghost ring as well. They are obviously not calibrated for a shotgun, but you would have three different heights.

They are set up for 200, 300, and 400 meters for 7.62x51 nato ammo. I have no idea where that would toss a slug out the S-12.

Tony,

EXCELLENT WORK! I was going to buy a JLD PTR-91 after Christmas, these pics are making me think twice. I may just ship you my Saiga instead. His gun is pretty much exactly what I had in mind for mine. Now seeing it, makes me want it even more.

If you don't mind me asking, how much?

I have a stock S12 with regular sights and a 23"ish barrel. How much would a complete conversion to something like his (minus the Surefire grip light) cost and is it better for me to purchase the parts (PG, FCG and such) and send them to you or just pay you for them? Just trying to get an idea of how much to stash away.

Thanks

edited to add:

Broken Arrow eh?, my Mom is from Tulsa and my Uncle still lives there. Nice place to live.

Edited by epsylum

A standard Tromix conversion runs $350. That includes an ACE side folding stock, SAW pistol grip, Tromix trigger guard, barrel cut to 18.2", gas ports resized, and U.S. fire control parts. The holes are all welded up and blended out and finished in Moly Resin. The back of the receiver is recut for the receiver back plate as well. Options are as follows.

Flash hider added $50

HK sights added $125

Bolt Hold Open $65

Bayo Lug $35

Galil charging handle $100

Forend Picatinny Rail $85

If you want to supply some parts, that's fine too. Just call me and we can work out the special pricing off-line.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

918 251-5640