Apparently a kid got shot in the courtyard by another student who somehow got it past the metal detectors. There was a "disagreement" between them. The 14 year old was shot in the neck, treated and released. The shooter was disarmed by an off duty armed resource officer and is in custody. A teacher was injured during the scuffle but was not shot Nothing to see here, move on along..

• Like 1
Apparently a kid got shot in the courtyard by another student who somehow got it past the metal detectors. There was a "disagreement" between them. The 14 year old was shot in the neck, treated and released. The shooter was disarmed by an off duty armed resource officer and is in custody. A teacher was injured during the scuffle but was not shot Nothing to see here, move on along..

This post is a DAMN LIE! Security guards don't make schools safer!

This was posted from the GeorgiaCarry.org website. One could stand on the top of the CNN Building in Atlanta and throw a rock into the courtyard of the school. I wonder why they didn't pickup on this story?

www.gopusa.com The Loft | By Bobby Eberle February 1, 2013 7:13 am

So here's the news story that those on the left don't want you to hear. Whenever someone goes crazy or someone with evil intentions starts shooting, the result is usually tragic, and the reaction of the left is to disarm the population. However, at an Atlanta middle school, after one child was shot, the shooting came to an end... because of an armed guard.

That's right. There was not a mass killing spree in Atlanta on Thursday, but there could have been. We'll never know. And thankfully so, because an armed guard stepped in.

As reported by USA Today, "A 14-year-old student was shot at an Atlanta middle school Thursday afternoon, and another student was taken into custody, police said."

An armed guard disarmed the shooter moments after the 1:50 p.m. shooting in a courtyard at the Price Middle School in southeast Atlanta.

Atlanta Public Schools public information officer Steve Alford said the teen's wound was more toward the back of the neck, WXIA-TV reported.

An armed off-duty Atlanta police officer who works at the school subdued the shooter and had him drop his weapon, Police Chief George Turner said.

Several shots were fired, Turner added. He did not identify the gun.

As this article points out, this story never made the headlines. Does anyone wonder why that is the case? Shouldn't an armed person, in this case a police officer on the scene, stopping a potentially deadly incident with only one person being wounded by national news? Could it be because the gun community has been saying a good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun? Yep!

The rest of the story can be found here.

Cognitive Dissonance.

When someone (in this case the media and the left) is confronted with a fact that doesn't fit into their world view, their brain can't fit the round peg of reality into the square hole of their expectations. This causes so much discomfort that their brain must reject either their own world view, or the evidence of reality. More often than not, it rejects the reality in order to preserve the world view. And the REALLY weird part is that they don't even know they're doing it.

It is common for those experiencing cognitive dissonance to lash out at the source of their discomfort. Since the source is usually reality, they can't lash out at a fact. So they lash out at the person who pointed out the fact.

Does any of this sound familiar?

It's Alice in Wonderland shit, but it's real. Do a little reading on the subject.

• Like 1

I see cognitive dissonance all the time. I argue professionally, so I am good at it. When I get into arguments about gun/mag/accessory bans, and I bring up the points, I usually have someone argued into a point that they are cornered into admitting (i) security in schools is a much more effective measure than banning a class of guns; or (ii) my kids do not need security, because knives are "less deadly" than firearms. At that point, they close down. Its weird, they cannot cross the line and admit what I say is true, and that security is the key. They'd rather accept that our administration's push is wrong, and the evil NRAs suggestions are correct. They cannot because they have chosen to believe a set of facts that are false. So, they either shut down the conversation with words to the effect that this is going no where, or they get mad at me.

It's amazing!

On the flip side, I have seen one guy, a doctor friend, who was fully charged with Obama's rhetoric and was telling me "Obama got this one right!" He was surprised when I said I had to disagree. After discussing it, he really came to the conclusion that no gun restrictions should be had, but we needed children protected by security. Then we got into mental health, and he confirmed that he felt SSRIs and other antidepressants are dangerous, particularly when people go on or off them. The problem, as he discussed it, and made total sense, was that these depressed people are lethargic, they are too lazy to do something nasty, but when you go onto the antidepressant, suddenly you have energy and act too extremely. When you go off it, you get the depression back before the energy cuts off.

Well, at least I managed to convert one person to the light, unfortunately, reasoned minds are far and few between.

Well, at least I managed to convert one person to the light, unfortunately, reasoned minds are far and few between.

It's not hard to change the mind of those that are merely uninformed or misinformed, but who have not incorporated the misinformation into their world view.

But the true believer... That's a tough nut to crack.

I see cognitive dissonance all the time. I argue professionally, so I am good at it. When I get into arguments about gun/mag/accessory bans, and I bring up the points, I usually have someone argued into a point that they are cornered into admitting (i) security in schools is a much more effective measure than banning a class of guns; or (ii) my kids do not need security, because knives are "less deadly" than firearms. At that point, they close down. Its weird, they cannot cross the line and admit what I say is true, and that security is the key. They'd rather accept that our administration's push is wrong, and the evil NRAs suggestions are correct. They cannot because they have chosen to believe a set of facts that are false. So, they either shut down the conversation with words to the effect that this is going no where, or they get mad at me.

It's amazing!

It's an "ego boundry".Their ego won't let them admit to themselves or you, that they've been wrong all along about something they were felt so strongly convinced of.

This also happens to be how brainwashing works. Keep forcefeeding the lie, so that the subject is constantly in a state of cognitive dissonance. But they can't reject the lie because it's constant. After a time their brain will reject reality just to end the discomfort.

Drugs are scary shit. I damn near bombed out of undergraduate engineering school. I didn't spend enough time studying,

did too many other things. So I went to a shrink and tried Adderall.

That shit is a class two amphetamine. It is speed, pure and simple. It didn't make me study harder. It revved my mind up, but,

unfortunately, engineering tests aren't drag races, they're road courses, and require more than just speed to get through.

I made it through school and a grad school and am employed. I stopped taking that stuff when I left undergrad, and I would take

the BARE minimum. The stuff made me happy, which is weird, I'm normally cynical. My sister took 4x the dosage and is half my size.

Zombied her for a few years. She's better, but still nuts.

If these shooters are on drugs, why are we not looking at the drugs?