Sign in to follow this  
LuPiN8oR

tapco grip? particle board inside?

Hiya all, had a quick question about the tapco original pistol grip. I was modifying one (i think) and it seemed to be made of some kind of wood laminate particle board stuff. It looks like a hard used grip might be old but couldnt see any marks on it saying tapco or made in the usa..is that normal? I dont want to run afoul of 922r but cant find any discerning marks on it. Thanks again.

I am pretty sure ALL tapco stuff has their anme on it, it may just be some sort of original imported grip. You can buy the tapco original style AK grips fairly cheap I have seen them on Ebay for $8-$12 if you need it to be compliant might be woth buying one that says Tapco made in usa. Or spend a few bucks more for a Hogue or an ATI ETC

The Hogue is nice!

The Hogue really nice although probably not the best choice if you are shooting while wearing gloves.

it sounds like a cheap chi man knock off . md arms, hogue are nice grips . i use both

Well, the issue was resolved lol. It seemed the person i paid to do the conversion just used whatever parts they had regardless of 922r so i fixed it all. Thanks again.