• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like it, it looks awesome. I like things that are different and look different too its time to break the norm, go for the gusto and its about time someone manufactured these stocks for the saigas they have been around for many years for shotguns anyhoo.

Without seeing it i wonder if a hole could be drilled in the replacement stock so the tag would go into it without having to cut it off?

That is how the original was designed but it caused a weak point so it was eliminated. I'm speaking for Jeric but I believe this is correct.

It would be quite easy to drill the rivet on the rear of the TG and add an extension tang with a rivet or screw if you ever did want to go back to the original stock for some reason.

Without seeing it i wonder if a hole could be drilled in the replacement stock so the tag would go into it without having to cut it off?

Sounds like a good idea doesn't it? Cobra's right, it created a weak point. It just won't do.

cobra where can you get this stock and how much are they

They will range from around $70 to around $125 depending on the wood and finish. I will have some completed for sale in about a month.

Jeric

Jeric, where did you get your avatar? it's a sweet little thing...

I have no idea where I got the original image. It was some wizard guy. I just started f'n around one evening and out came this bad-ass Jawa dude with an S-12!

I have no idea where I got the original image. It was some wizard guy. I just started f'n around one evening and out came this bad-ass Jawa dude with an S-12!

:lolol::lolol::lolol: Nice graphical editing dude. Starwars just got a little more interesting.

6'7"...Jesus christ! Sounds like you could shoulder an M-60! :lolol:

I think its great to have more options for the S-12. Those are dremel modifications that should take less

than 20 minutes. I started another conversion for a friend of mine, and I had that thing stripped and ready

for parts in an hour. But some people just don't have mechanical skills, this a great option for them!

I love the fact you plan on all those types of wood, that looks like it would be great for a sporting, hunting

type. I would definately buy one.

As far as having Cobra test it, his word is money. :smoke:

Good luck with it! :super: Its pretty exciting having people working on multiple items to improve our

beloved Saigas. Hopefully they will all get dumped on us at the same time.

No it would have to be cut completely off flush with the rear of the receiver but If you ever wanted to go back to the regular stock, for some strange reason, you could just make a small tang exactly like the one you cut off but a little longer and re attach it to the stock and receiver. Or just weld it back if you have that capability.
Any updates?
6'7"...Jesus christ! Sounds like you could shoulder an M-60! :lolol:

Always been a dream of mine!!!

Any updates?

I'm in FL right now, will be 'till about the end of the month. I have 8 stocks (one of which is Cobra's Bolivian Walnut) that will be ready within about two weeks after I return.

Jeric

• 1 month later...

Things are moving way slower than expected, however, here are some photos I took last night to post.

post-1827-1146838699_thumb.jpg

From the bottom, Bolivian Walnut, Mohagany, Willow, Basswood(x3), and Poplar.

Here's a close up of the tang notch.

post-1827-1146838746_thumb.jpg

Cobra, this one is yours!

post-1827-1146838812_thumb.jpg

My dog has already signed it! Check out the paw size on that thing, and that's just the front half! This was up on my bench,(btw, I'm 6' 7", and my work bench is appropriately tall,) my dog was confined to the shop with a bum leg, and he still got up to the bench to grab some bones I had up there for him. He left a little signature behind...

These are all nearing completion, but I'm down for a week, waiting on some things to be delivered. Next time you see these, they will be for sale.

Thanks!

Jeric

Jeric, I'd like the poplar stock if it's not spoken for! You can pm or email me to work out the details. Thanks 77hiboy

It's not, so it's yours. I will contact you soon regarding details.

Jeric

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty sweet, thinking I'll definatly have to order one when I get my S-12.

My brother and I always have trouble finding comfortable stocks for ape arms :)

He's 6'5" I'm 6'1" and all arms for some reason.

Edited by Sosuke
If this stock is your cup of tea, I can make a handguard in matching wood. Might be worth checking first on the specific woods, but I'd give it a general can-do.

Yep, me too.

If any specific wood is desired, I can do a match and send BRG3 the material for the handguard. That way you'll know for certain that your wood will match in grain, cut and quality.

-J

If this stock is your cup of tea, I can make a handguard in matching wood. Might be worth checking first on the specific woods, but I'd give it a general can-do.
If any specific wood is desired, I can do a match and send BRG3 the material for the handguard. That way you'll know for certain that your wood will match in grain, cut and quality.

Now *THIS* sort of attitude is just what makes the Saiga forums the most amazing forum on the net...

You have two different folks, doing almost the same sort of thing... but willing to go out of their way to share in the resources, knowing who does quality work, to make sure that the buyer is going to get top quality product, and two people get the business.

Three people make out, and it is just wonderful to have people here that take the time and the pride, to be willing to work together to make it all better for everyone... THAT, I think says something about the type of people we have here at the Saiga forums...

Gentlemen... My hat is off to you!

That is worthy of the "Official Indy 9 thumbs up seal of approval"!!!! ( there is NO better rating!)

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

:smoke:

If there's anything I've seen it's that everyone wants something different and no one person can do everything. This way people wanting a integrated p-grip stock can get one that will fit any Saiga, and I can offer a model specific handguard.

I have been reluctant to undertake integrated p-grip stocks for unconverted Saigas, while I haven't seen any handguard offerings from Jeric to match the buttstocks. This way people wanting a matching set and wanting that stock can be served who otherwise wouldn't be. The way I see it this does nothing but give more business to each of us.

• 4 weeks later...