"My Moscow based Saiga: Peculiarities of the Russian National guns

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Guys.   Some of you think "that the Russian people keep there guns "stock" or unmodified". This is not true. Over the past few years, Russian companies have developed many interesting option

Some interesting images russian guns  

I congratulate you with the day of the Soviet Army and Navy.

Posted Images

This is only a prototype, reflects the concept rather than of the final technical solutions.

I think the whole set will be quick, with calculation of the installation in the army workshop and not at the factory.

strip will soon vsgo removable, with mount instead of the rear sight and the return spring on the stem (I was holding such a product Izhmash) it looks like this-

post-46820-0-14358200-1366174011.jpg

or just a side bracket.

post-46820-0-45909500-1366174025.jpg

"Concern "Izhmash" is no longer interested in the production of "civilian" weapons and is considering the transfer of its production in a Tula Arms Plant. Which in recent years has not worked. Because of the lack of demand for their products famous among Russian hunters - fantastically low quality. "

I'd add that in the Russia Saiga MK 03 or Saiga 12K030 can not buy a gun shop starting in the fall of 2012. They simply do not physically. All predictions about the market entry of new types of weapons such as MK Saiga in caliber 5.45 * 39 or 9 * 19 remain unfulfilled plans.

The truth the Vepr as low as 1,200 to $ 1,500 can be bought freely.

Apparently the Russian government decided to restrict public access to weapons of purely economic methods. nonono.gif

We have enough talents and resources for quality-built and affordable, All-American AK.

Who is up for a challenge of sub-Grand basic AK?

(No, not a surplus kit, hammered with canted sights, and definitely no "boutique" boomstick for $2G; if I had $2G i'd be at Les Baer's...).

We have enough talents and resources for quality-built and affordable, All-American AK.

Yes it's not american it's Russian problems.

I know that in the United States is now a debate on the prohibition of sales of "assault weapons" based on the M-16 and AK. I just spend a parallel.

I admire you as Americans to defend their rights. I've heard that the Senate refused to accept the amendment to tighten the law. That is correct.

"When the government wants to f*ck you, the first thing it takes away your gun."

• Like 1

Who is up for a challenge of sub-Grand basic AK?

(No, not a surplus kit, hammered with canted sights, and definitely no "boutique" boomstick for $2G; if I had $2G i'd be at Les Baer's...).

unfortunately it may take the complete unavailability of foreign-made AKs to ever make this a reality. until then, there's really not a whole lot of incentive for anyone in the US to try and compete with foreign factory-made AKs.

I would like to see stamped, milled, any type of AKs being made 100% in the US, by companies other than Arsenal and Century's oddball milled thing. We have people making most of the main parts, but nobody doing it all "in-house". a lot of parts like trunnions, leaf sights, etc. as far as I know, nobody machines these parts in the US.

Edited by mancat
At the time, until the Izhmash thinks - "how to live on", the Russian masters of upgrading their own guns ...

attachicon.gifтигр.JPG

attachicon.gifтигр 1.JPG

attachicon.gifтигр 2.JPG

attachicon.gifпереходник.JPG

I think a bit off wee came out when i saw these pics!!!, ;)

Is it possible to get a laminated wood pistolgrip for an SVDS in Russia?, i would love one as my SVDS has got laminate handguards fitted.

Don't panic. With the old Izhmash general director being arrested and new one being named in late December 2012, and Izhmash being folded into "Kalashnikov" holding company, there are bound to be disruptions in the supply process. The news I've been reading says nothing about stopping the production of the civilian weapons. In fact, Izhmash is discussing having part of it's orders being built at Tula due to "high demand for sporting/hunting guns".

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20130208/921901216.html

Another article says that Izhevsk doesn't have enough trained machinists to manage it's current production tempo.

http://susanin.udm.ru/news/2013/02/26/398821

• Like 1

Great news Chatterbox!

May I use this info to update following thread as well (unless you don't mind doing so)?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/76710-izhmash-declares-bankruptcy/

And those SVD/Tigr show pieces makes me restless and jealous.

Man, I miss SVD!!!

Don't panic. With the old Izhmash general director being arrested and new one being named in late December 2012, and Izhmash being folded into "Kalashnikov" holding company, there are bound to be disruptions in the supply process. The news I've been reading says nothing about stopping the production of the civilian weapons. In fact, Izhmash is discussing having part of it's orders being built at Tula due to "high demand for sporting/hunting guns".

Another article says that Izhevsk doesn't have enough trained machinists to manage it's current production tempo.

With all due respect to you. You do not know the situation so far as I know her. I doubt that the current events will hit the U.S. market. But in Russia in the field of buying a good weapon is getting worse and worse. The government cuts off the population by economic methods.

And about the triumphant reports - do you really think I did not read it? rolleyes.gif

And those SVD/Tigr show pieces makes me restless and jealous.

Man, I miss SVD!!!

So how do you (admirer weapon talent Evgeni Dragunov) will be interesting this story -

( this is automatic carbine design Evgeny Fedorovich Dragunov competed with the AKS-74U )

Edited by vinni83
  • Like 3

That thing ("MA") is impressive. Too bad it didn't make into mass production.

(You hit two of my "hot buttons" at once, bringing the SVD and mentioning AKS-74U, my other favorite thing).

I never knew of "MA" submachine gun.

Спасибо!

That hinged receiver design, combined with solid upper for optics mounting (imagine long Picatinny rail), should be an instant hit.

And magazine guide ("speedloader") and rocker safety: brilliant!!!

I'd rather have HK (MP5) style pull-out (retractable) stock, though.

Overall, eye-opening concept.

Thank you for sharing!

Edited by Sgt. Raven

So I guess they will continue using untrained machinists?

That thing ("MA") is impressive. Too bad it didn't make into mass production.

(You hit two of my "hot buttons" at once, bringing the SVD and mentioning AKS-74U, my other favorite thing).

I never knew of "MA" submachine gun.

Спасибо!

That hinged receiver design, combined with solid upper for optics mounting (imagine long Picatinny rail), should be an instant hit.

And magazine guide ("speedloader") and rocker safety: brilliant!!!

I'd rather have HK (MP5) style pull-out (retractable) stock, though.

Overall, eye-opening concept.

Thank you for sharing!

Here you go Sarge, this may interest you.Its my '89 Tula AK74-u,which is sadly deactivated as it would be illegal here in the UK (too short) but is full milspec.Also 5.45x39 ammo is very very rare over here.

post-44524-0-41402200-1367345522_thumb.jpg

post-44524-0-08682200-1367345637_thumb.jpg

Edited by UKAK
  • Like 1

I lost my breath!

What a beauty!

My "trophy" AKS-74U was made in 1983 and looked same as yours, except its set of mags was of "carrot" color ("plums" are newer).

Pardon my incompetence: what "deactivation" consists of?

Also, is missing sling loop on folding stock has anything to do with it?

What a sweet thing you've got!

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Sgt. Raven

Interesting thing about the MA subgun up there.. It looks like the entire lower receiver is made of polyamide urethane - i.e. the infamous Soviet "plum" fiberglass-like material.

Edited by mancat
I lost my breath!

What a beauty!

My "trophy" AKS-74U was made in 1983 and looked same as yours, except its set of mags was of "carrot" color ("plums" are newer).

Pardon my incompetence: what "deactivation" consists of?

Also, is missing sling loop on folding stock has anything to do with it?

What a sweet thing you've got!

Thanks for sharing.

deactivated by having barrel welded up,bolt cut at an angle and firing pin bore welded.It is field strippable,cocks and dry fires and has original bolt carrier and fcg.

Interesting thing about the MA subgun up there.. It looks like the entire lower receiver is made of polyamide urethane - i.e. the infamous Soviet "plum" fiberglass-like material.

Is it "ebonite"?

I was very much surprised: it's not your "typical" Soviet material of choice (for functional weapon component).

No. What looks like specks of rust, is the fibers of the embedded reinforcement material. You can see the same thing in the earlier plum polyamide stocks. I never knew that the Russkies made an entire receiver out of that material, which is what that definitely looks like.

Friends like you always make out the most interesting thing in my story. I'm a little upset that I can not offer it to you in English but as I now understand it is not particularly necessary.

The receiver is actually made ​​of fiber-reinforced composite material. How exactly this stuff is called - to my shame I can not say,, but in the late 80's and early 90's this material is widely used in the manufacture of plastic accessories for prototypes of Soviet weapons (such as fore-end and pistol grip on the "early" AEK-971).

I think that if the MA went into production, it would have a steel or aluminum receiver. And in this case, the engineer tried to show two features:

- No load on the receiver (all loads perceives the top rail).

- The ability to give any ergonomics receiver on request.

Edited by vinni83