Where to find .223 ammo?

A quick perusal of my usual sources (Midway, Powder Valley, Lucky Gunner, Wideners) didn't come up with any. Cabelas doesn't even show .223 in their caliber list when searching ammunition. So where are folks finding the stuff?

I'm not in bad shape and do reload; but have gotten addicted to shooting the steel-cased stuff because there's no searching for spent brass. Just trying to keep my inventory intact while shooting up a few hundred rounds a month.

Where to find .223 ammo?haha.gifhaha.gif

sorry,,,,

good luck on this one. You will have to wait till the panic buying is over before anything starts showing up.

there are several forums that have threads watching the ammo sales. I've been watching this one and waiting for

things to calm down a bit.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/590111_CONSOLIDATED_THREAD_FOR_THE_DISCUSSION_OF_AVAILABILITY_and_PRICING_OF_AMMO.html&page=331

Yeah, good luck finding .223! Every AR shooter out there is scouring EVERY online website for it. SGammo had some steel cased Hornady online for $.83/rd and it sold out within minutes (even at that ridiculous price for steel case). .223 will be the worst to find deals on for quite some time due to the recent surge of new AR owners. Those that have them, feel the crunch and want to back up their supply, those that just got them need ammo just to shoot with, and those that already have loads of it are buying and flipping it online. The .223 market will be VERY competitive for a LONG time (especially since the domestic makers are busy filling recent, obscene amounts, of Gov/LE contracts lately). In this market, anything under a $1/rd (especially brass) sells out instantly, and will remain this way for the better part of a year imho.

Yeah, good luck finding .223! Every AR shooter out there is scouring EVERY online website for it. SGammo had some steel cased Hornady online for $.83/rd and it sold out within minutes (even at that ridiculous price for steel case). .223 will be the worst to find deals on for quite some time due to the recent surge of new AR owners. Those that have them, feel the crunch and want to back up their supply, those that just got them need ammo just to shoot with, and those that already have loads of it are buying and flipping it online. The .223 market will be VERY competitive for a LONG time (especially since the domestic makers are busy filling recent, obscene amounts, of Gov/LE contracts lately). In this market, anything under a $1/rd (especially brass) sells out instantly, and will remain this way for the better part of a year imho.

That's about what I figured. Did see the AE .223 at Natchez. Got there just before it sold out. Couldn't make myself hit the check-out button. Looked like a rip-off, plus the shipping was high. I've already earned the "hoarder" merit badge, so I can wait for prices to fall.

Guess it's back to muzzleloaders for awhile. In its own way, it's just as much fun. Slower paced, but that's good for an old guy.

That's about what I figured. Did see the AE .223 at Natchez. Got there just before it sold out. Couldn't make myself hit the check-out button. Looked like a rip-off, plus the shipping was high. I've already earned the "hoarder" merit badge, so I can wait for prices to fall.

Guess it's back to muzzleloaders for awhile. In its own way, it's just as much fun. Slower paced, but that's good for an old guy.

Get a Mosin if you want to speed up a bit.