DOD and Pinheada are truly Effed Up!!!

I can't believe this --

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/02/14/vfw-wants-new-medal-ranked-lower.html?ESRC=army-a.nl

"Barely 24 hours after the Pentagon announced its new medal for cyber warriors and drone pilots, the Veterans of Foreign Wars is demanding the decoration's ranking be lowered.

The Distinguished Warfare Medal is ranked above both the Bronze Star with Combat "V" and the Purple Heart – medals typically awarded for combat in which the servicemember's life is at risk."

What with the cuts and crap like this, the morale of our forces are going into the toilet...

Find your flashlight boys, we are heading into dark times!

• Like 7

No one has ever jumped on a trojan virus to save his cubicle mates.

No one has ever rushed a foreign cyber attack, and gave the ultimate sacrafice, on any beach in Europe or Asia.

No one has stared into the eyes of a foreign hacker, across a valley, and said "Come get it, Bitch"...

Without self sacrafice and self-endangerment, there is no honor, no valor, no herioism.

This cheapens the meanings of those words....

George S. Patton is surely rolling in his Luxembergian grave and I am surprised tremors haven't been felt in Arlington!

Macbeau sends....

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 7
Heck, I was PO'd when the Special Forces beret became "standard issue" for all troops...

This goes beyond ridiculous! mad.gif

Specifically, it was the Ranger regiment "garrison" head gear.

All done to "improve morale across the force"....

I had hoped the Rangers would win the day on that fight, but I am glad they did ultimately secure a "distinctive unit" head gear in the end...

post-1473-0-57955400-1361400508_thumb.jpg

you guys obviously never been in the military. officers are usually given medals they really don't deserve and being these are going to be given to "cyber warriors and drone pilots" those are officers positions. so to me this isn't anything new, it's just a new medal so they can" punch their card" and move up.

I can tell you I have seen first hand staff officers 'awarded" bronze star with V device that never even left Saudi Arabia when DESERT STORM started, and dud officers being awarded MSMs and LoM that couldn't lead a thirsty horse to a lake.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
you guys obviously never been in the military. officers are usually given medals they really don't deserve and being these are going to be given to "cyber warriors and drone pilots" those are officers positions. so to me this isn't anything new, it's just a new medal so they can" punch their card" and move up.

I can tell you I have seen first hand staff officers 'awarded" bronze star with V device that never even left Saudi Arabia when DESERT STORM started, and dud officers being awarded MSMs and LoM that couldn't lead a thirsty horse to a lake.

That's not the point....

I saw a mechanic get a bronze star for changing a tire...in Saudi Arabia

At the same cerimony,

I saw a female clerk get a bronze star for getting a (1) personel report out on time. In Saudi Arabia

All our officers got bronze stars (no V) whether they went into Iraq or not.

Again - not the point.

Don't get me started on Panama, Haiti, Somalia, Bosnia or Flinlock II.

Yet again.... not the point.

Yep, seen many a Major on up get Bronze Stars with V's that never left the base in OIF. I'm sure they worked hard, but there was no specific valor involved. Likewise, I had a Navy Commendation Medal downgraded to a Navy Achievement on me by some desk jockey POS somewhere in my chain simply because I was a Corporal... so it definitely goes both ways.

The funniest was the Captain I saw jump off a wall because he thought he saw incoming tracers (that were actually outgoing) and break his ankle. He's now a Purple Heart recipient. rolleyes.gif

• Like 3
No one has ever jumped on a trojan virus to save his cubicle mates.

No one has ever rushed a foreign cyber attact, and gave the ultimate sacrafice, on any beach in Europe or Asia.

No one has stared into the eyes of a foreign hacker across a valley and said "Come get it, Bitch"...

Without self sacrafice and self-endangerment, there is no honor, no valor, no herioism.

This cheapens the meanings of those words....

George S. Patton is surely rolling in his Luxembergian grave and I am surprised tremors haven't been felt in Arlington!

Macbeau sends....

Very well said bro.

And this regime is killing our military.

• Like 3