Hey guys, just wanted to drop a quick note about what I just saw on the news tonight. I know that this time of year we tend to see alot of shooting and crazy shit.

I'm sure you've all heard about the 18 yr. old kid who was dating a 14 year old girl. Her parents were against it, so he shot and killed them both and ran off with the girl to another state. (Thats the condensed version)

Well, after the two of them were captured and arrested, the police searched the boy's home and found that there was a large collection of firearms (about 45, mostly rifles). The media ofcorse, made a stink about the "large" number of firearms in the home. I believe the statement was something like: "an abnormally large collection of guns". Well, to my surprise, the news ran a story tonight about the backlash of thier comments on the collection.

It seems that the news station was immediately flooded with phone calls, emails and various other communications from firearms owners. It would appear that 45 is a relitively low number for a firearm collection in Pennsylvania....lol. Hundreds of firearms owners, collectors, target shooters and supporters were voicing thier dissapointment in the reporters reaction to finding a collection of firearms as being "abnormal". They interviewed a nice little old lady that said she considered her collection of about 75 to be an investment. Several other PA residents were interviewed, men, women and young adults. And they all were offended by the media's reaction and statements. It was obvious that the media enjoyed the large display of attention from so many pro-gun PA residents. Without admitting they were wrong, they ran the story and it really did appear to be a triumph for our side.

I was very proud of Pennsylvania for once. It looked like firearms owners were standing up and being heard, instead of hiding in fear of persecution. Every single person interviewed carried themself respectably, responsibly and truthfully. They made thier points clearly and calmly and it was, for me, a very exciting moment. I would love to see this trend strengthen and continue. Perhaps if this sort of thing happened in NY and CA, we all would be a little better off. I wish I could find the video clip on the net to post for you guys.

Thanks Piston. Now if they would plaster this kind of news all over the U.S. national headlines it would make my day. Unfortunately too often the news is one dark depressing piece of shit news article after another.......like that is all they can present or all people want to hear.

I wonder why there hasn't been a drive to ban all automobiles in the hands of so many people. Most people own at least two. Autos can and often are used as lethal weapons......sometimes accidently and sometimes intentionally. Yes, the percentage is low but so is the incidence with firearms. I think we should melt them all down and give people $0.50 per $,1000 of present value for their vehicle. By outlawing all vehicles no one will ever again be hurt or killed by those few reckless individuals that are sure to surface as everyone else abides by the law and uses them legitimately. We're going to stop all this senseless injury and death.

Let's all call on Congress to outlaw every last focking vehicle in the country.....including theirs.....no exclusions since the wrong person may steal or hijack the remaining "legal" ones. Outlaw cars, trucks, SUV's. They are all evil, especially the white ones. You just can see those fockers coming.

Besides there ain't to Constitutional right to keep and bear vehicles.......or horses for that matter.

We need to regulate, regulate, regulate. That will change the behavior and conduct of the reckless and sociopaths. We all have to sacrifice to make sure we stay safe. So let's get started on the new hue and cry......."outlaw all vehicles"!!!

:haha::haha::haha:

The liberal media is filled with the same type of people who stick lit bottlerockets up their assholes and then make videotapes of it to show off to others while on a alchohol induced bender. :angry:

All they're looking for is the most attention they can generate. :rolleyes: